Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Article: Phantasy Star Online for PS2 closer to becoming a reality?

NiGHTS writes, "It appears Sonic Team are working on a PS2 game, chances are it may very well be PSO, a port would be quick and easy regarding Yuji Naka's general dislike for the hardware, a port would seem very likely. You can view the original article taken from SegaLife here. "
    Remember this is only speculation and nothing is confirmed, but it would make sense for it to turn out to be PSO.

Mod+Bat = Family Fun

Default Re: Phantasy Star Online for PS2 closer to becoming a realit

His general dislike for the console means he would want to do a port for it? I'm confused... Anyways, I highly doubt it will be PSO so don't hold your breath...

Grand Battle Master

Who knows, just gotta wait and see what it is, of course if he doesn't like the hardware why is he doing a game for the PS2, unless that is just a typo. I for one hope it is a port of PSO Ep1&2, cause I really don't want to buy a GC just for PSO. One more thing, the article doesn't even mention anything about PSO.

While I won't say it can't happen, I highly doubt it will. I remember an old article about them wanting to do the port, but they were running into alot of hardware limitations they didn't want to deal with. More recently I saw it reported they were NOT doing a PSO for PS2.

What other game could it be? Sonic? A new Sonic game would be nice. Or maybe a more traditional Phantasy Star RPG. They could easily do better than FFX if they tried.

Agreed. Actually, though I've yet to check out the article, I really doubt that Sonic Team will be releasing anything for the PS2 anytime soon.

Go team ph4il! 02/07/2016

I doubt it's POS. Though I have heard about Phantasy Star V for PS2.

Default I heard that it's Not PSO!

I had heard that it was Phantasy Star V and not PSO.

Phantasy Star 5? But they said some time before Nintendo/Sega were working on an RPG for the Gamecube, so why (unless it's not it) won't Phantasy Star 5 come to Gamecube?

Default PSV

Phantasy Star V has already been anounced for the PlayStation 2 and Sonic Team has also announced that they will not be making a version of PSO for PS2.

ProTip: To damage your credibility, simply call any of the Phantasy Star games "massively-multiplayer."

either this shit is bull shit or it was like the fuckin MANGA CARTA the lowers in sonic over run him because they like PS2 or he has been taking drugs

besides what is the fucking benfit of the PS2 the GCN has more power the GC can do anything the PS2 can game wise and better sure the PS2 plays dvds but look how it is doing in Eourpe it sucks

PS2 mite be getting a harddrive soon but the game cube does not need one but it would be nice if the cube have one

any way this is bougs shit peace

PS i am pissed at this because sony is why sega is the 3rd party whore and mite just become one with nintendo