Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast

Default Article: Phantasy Star Online Episode III: C.A.R.D. Revolution Announced

TerribleDeliMeat writes, "Sega has released their list for the 2003 E3. Among the title is Phantasy Star Online Ep. III. Following the trend of card games recently, Sonic Team has opted to make it a card based game.
    "Phantasy Star Online Episode III: C.A.R.D. Revolution" (Nintendo GameCube): "Phantasy Star Online Episode III: C.A.R.D. Revolution" expands the "Phantasy Star Online" (PSO) universe, offering a new style of strategic combat. Combining the excitement of card collection and deck settings with team-based battle tactics, PSO Episode III allows users to chat in the lobby about status upgrades and tactics, and then journey to the planet surface to engage in strategic combat using a turn-based Card system.
    The game continues the story arc of the previous PSO games, as players once again become Hunters and explore the mysteries of the planet Ragol. Featuring both online and offline play, as well as multiplayer modes, PSO Episode III adds new content and players to the ever-growing PSO community. "

You can read the full article here. I have to say that our next installment of PSO is looking real exciting guys!
    [center] <table cellpadding="10"><tr><td> </td><td> </td><td> </td></tr></table>

Default Sounds like Lost Kingdoms to me

The games sounds like lost kingdoms to me using cards to battle an enemy, but being turnbased sounds more like pokemon cards. but it looks amazing on these screens. we'll just have to wait and see how this one turns out.

Default Re: Phantasy Star Online Episode III: C.A.R.D. Revolution An

Graphics look nice, but the idea sounds rubbish to me... If I wanted to play card games.. I wouldnt be playing PSO... sheeesh.

PS has always been RPG's... and this sort of thing should be a side project.. not an integral part of the story since I'll find it very painful to play just to make sure I'm up to speed on all things Phantasy Star.

Wielder of Divine Might

By the Fates! A REAL new PSO. Sounds strange, but I'm game to try it. Any idea what platform it'll be on? There better be a GC version.

Wielder of Divine Might

*Wishes there was an edit button.

It IS for the GC. w00t!

They're titling this Episode 3? Seems like SonicTeam keeps going farther and farther down the crapper. I played Yu-Gi-Oh, which is supposed to be one of the best card game video games and boy that was boring. So what 's next a brand new game where you have to catch Ragol's monsters in a little ball? (Pokemon). It's not going to work... what a joke.

Wow, way to recycle those polys, Sonic Team.

Game looks interesting. I've liked most video game collectable card games (except Yu-Gi-Oh), so I can't wait for this one.

Episode III is a fething card game. Can't say I'm too surprised. How long are they gonna drag this franchise out until they make a real sequel?

Interesting concept... Maybe a way to limit the overuse of super-special methods like in Evolution or FF?...

Personally, I'd rather have a true sequel with the good ol' hack-&-slash we're all so addicted too, but I might just want to give EpIII a try just for curiosity's sake.
    "Sword logic? That's cute."

NEW PSO!!!! KICK ASS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!