Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Article: Sega Wants Suggestions for JRPG Group Name

Sega of America is currently soliciting feedback on names that could be used to identify fans of the company's classic Japanese Role-Playing games. These classic games include Phantasy Star, Shining Force, Skies of Arcadia, and Valkyria Chronicles. Here is the text for the blog entry:

"Today, we’d like to get your thoughts. SEGA is potentially going to be grouping together fans of our JRPG’s (like the games listed above), and we’d like to give said group a bit of identity. What’s in a name? Well - just about everything!

If you had to pick something fairly short and sweet to speak to what SEGA’s best RPG’s are all about, what would it be? Right now, we’d like to get feedback on this name SEGA Heroes.

Does the term “Heroes” fit the bill and speak to all of our best Japanese RPG’s? We’re looking for a name that is short and sweet, general enough that it can apply to all our RPG’s, and still sounds about as awesome as a plate of hotcakes in the morning."
    Would Classic Phantasy Star fans like to be known as Sega Heroes? If you have a suggestion or would like to offer feedback, be sure to post on the blog page.

Default no to Sega Heroes. I think

no to Sega Heroes. I think classic Phantasy Star and Shining Force fans should be called something better, i will think about it at work and repost!
    -LadyDatura

Default **blinks**

What... the hell did I just read??
    ROFL! I guess they didn't want us to be called "loyal customers" anymore!

Default Hmm. Interesting. We should

Hmm. Interesting. We should have a theme song for those classic Phantasy Star players. ? What comes up, goes right down, because they are failing now~. Blah blah blah~. SEGA HEROES~~~, SEGA HEROES~~~..." Neko~
    Wuh wuh wee woo!?

PSO/PSU loving Metalhead Lord Hammerheart's Avatar

Default I think the name Sega Heroes

I think the name Sega Heroes sounds kinda, Idc.. corny?
    How about... "Fans of Sega's games that are RPGs or have in some way RPG elements and they spend way too much time with said games but enjoy them so what are you gonna do"? What? Too long?
    -Metal Drummer from WI, PSU Join Date June 28th 2008
    PC PSU characters:
    Lord Hammerheart lv.160 - Human/Male FM, Oblivionistic Terror lv.92 - Cast/Male FoG
    Under the Sign lv.58 - Newman/Male FT, Equimanthorn lv.14 - Beast/Male H
    PSP char: Necroticus lv.64 - Cast/Male GM

Default How about Sega's Zealots?

How about Sega's Zealots?

Default The one thing I like about

The one thing I like about Sega Heroes, is that we'd already have our own theme song. You can just take the Sonic Heroes song and put Sega in there.
    Still, I guess they would like to think of JRPGs as being something outside of just Phantasy Star. If they plan to include strategy RPGs in there like the original Shining Force games, I guess they want something a little broader in title. Or even games like a favorite of mine, Skies of Arcadia. Not to mention the awesome Panzer Dragon Saga.
    Keeping it simple sounds good to me. Sega RPG fans would be a pretty good name. It doesn't say anything else but what we are.
    PSO2 Character information:

Eric Windhaven (Fomar) Ship 02.

Default "The one thing I like about

"The one thing I like about Sega Heroes, is that we'd already have our own theme song. You can just take the Sonic Heroes song and put Sega in there." That was the idea of my lame joke from my last post. ;< But yeah, that does sound corny. I never even played any of those classic games either (though I would like to try Skies of Arcadia). Neko~
    Wuh wuh wee woo!?

Default NOOOO

"Dynasty Of SEGA"? just an idea....
    NNC FOREVER!!!

Default how about SEGA LEGENDS short

how about SEGA LEGENDS short catchy and refers to all the great classics listed