Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Article: Famitsu Reveals Phantasy Star Portable 2

Recently, Sega opened up a teaser page to count down to a new RPG. Some believed this would turn out to be the seemingly already confirmed Phantasy Star Portable 2. They would be right.
    A forthcoming issue of Famitsu presents a multi-page spread concerning the currently in-development title. *The game will feature a storyline three years removed from the current events of Phantasy Star Universe, Ambition of the Illuminus,*and the original Phantasy Star Portable. *New content and new story characters are referenced and shown in the article. *We'll be sure to post more information as it comes in.
    Thanks to EspioKaos for bringing in these details. His post is part of an ongoing discussion about the sequel in the forums.

Update: 1Up has posted a summary of the Famitsu article. Here are the key points:
    • The story takes place three years after Phantasy Star Portable.
    • Your character will work for Little Wing, a civilian group that runs a resort space colony.
    • Story Mode will feature twice as much text and voice content.
    • There will be three times as many missions, along with several new monsters and character designs.
    • Gameplay additions include an "Emergency Dodge" move, charged shots for gun type weapons, and shields that can repel enemy attacks.
    • Phantasy Star Portable 2 will support Infrastructure Mode, in addition to ad-hoc mode.
    • Players will have the option of playing with friends using a partner card searching system or using a matching service.
    • Phantasy Star Portable 2 is scheduled to be released on December 3 for 5040 yen.

Default Interesting. Now comes the

Interesting. Now comes the waiting & digestion of incoming news.
    Blink & you might miss it! ;3

Oh, keep sig at 600x180 px & 49KB, yah?

Default I just like the news...

that there will actually be an infrastructure for online play instead of ad-hoc. The first game plays well but PSP is just like the rest, it screams to be played online.

Default [i]"Gameplay additions

"Gameplay additions include an "Emergency Dodge" move, charged shots for gun type weapons, and shields that can repel enemy attacks.
    Phantasy Star Portable 2 will support Infrastructure Mode, in addition to ad-hoc mode."
    I mangasmed in mah pants!
    SEGA!

Run Rabbit Run!!!

Default PSP is going to end up

PSP is going to end up surpassing PSU in terms of gameplay variety. It's sad to see, to be honest; I'd love to see things like dodging implemented in PSU.

HUnewearl power since 2003. NGS Official Creator (SectionSkyly)

Celestial Knight of Azure Flames zandra117's Avatar
    My soul is in Gurhal while my heart is on Ragol

Default The article says it takes

The article says it takes place 3 years after the "SEED incident" so it would be a little more clear to say it takes place 3 years after the events of PSP and PSU AOTI.
    "Thol-Falz, tes par rel diemed. Tes syr, weh yi ryukad te reli, rel ken rel obid." Dark Force, your shrine is finished. Your sword, who you returned to reality, is able to be wielded.

Default Yay.

Infrastructure Mode? Now that is worth getting. Hope nothing huge changes once it comes to US and UK.

Default Great news, hope we'll see

Great news, hope we'll see all these marvelous capabilities come stateside. After the whole Download thing from the first one, I'm a bit hesitant to remain optimistic. We'll see.

Default lol

dont worry im sure this stuff will come to ps2players/pc/360 as some sort of gardans cash add on lollllllll way to go sega let the ppl who pay 10 bucks a mo down and update the psp ver jackasses

Default Ah, so this was what the

Ah, so this was what the rumors were about. Can't say that I'm very optimistic about this, I wonder what new contents they added in this one?
    Btw Ace is a mgt.