Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Article: Sega Announces Phantasy Star Portable 2 Fan Art Contest Winners

Sega community team member RubyEclipse dropped by the PSP2 forum to let us know that the winners of Sega's Phantasy Star Portable 2 fan art contest have been announced! The top 10 entries from the contest were posted on Sega's blog, along with some notes about why the judges liked each one. In a surprise twist, it was revealed that in addition to the first place entry, the second place entry will also be included in the Western release of Phantasy Star Portable 2.

<div align="center"><table width="490" border="0">
    <tr>
    <td width="50%"></td>
    <td width="50%"></td></tr>
    <tr><td width="50%" align="center">First Place</td><td width="50%" align="center">Second Place</td></tr>
    </table></div>

For those of you wondering, the winning entry is a parody of the famous Barack Obama "Hope" poster, which was designed during the 2008 election season. The runner-up features Alis Landale, the main character from the first Phantasy Star game.

Congratulations to the winners! We'll look forward to seeing the in-game versions of these two entries! Be sure to check out Sega's blog for the top 10 announcement, as well as their Flickr page for a gallery of all the entries.

Default Congratulations to all of

Congratulations to all of the winners, and thank you to everyone who sent in entries!

Default That picture of Alis Landale

That picture of Alis Landale is excellent! and I belive Mr.Rappy would have made a better president than Obama lol

Default Haha nice, I really like

Haha nice, I really like that second one though, It's very pretty The details are amazing. Congrats to all the winners :3 and nice job on all the entries.

Forever protecting Gurhal Deco_Bryl's Avatar

Default That Alis pic is fantastic!

That Alis pic is fantastic! Something about the style reminds me of eighties anime character designs. I love it!

Default Congrats everyone

I looked at the Flicker Page. A lot of great pieces were submitted. Congratulations to the winners, and great job to everyone else too.

Default Alis is very nicely done.

Alis is very nicely done. O'Rappy is interesting.
    Blink & you might miss it! ;3

Oh, keep sig at 600x180 px & 49KB, yah?

Default I definitely want the Alis

I definitely want the Alis one when I get the game!
    Phantasy Star Portable 2 characters:

Kinako-Level 76 Female Human Force
    Koji-Level 64 Male Beast Hunter
    Rinia-Level 15 Female CAST Ranger
    Nova-Level 7 Female Newman Hunter

Default lol Rappy would have the

lol Rappy would have the BEST exit strategy on the war. Attack, Play dead and Run!!!

Default Cool entries. And I concur,

Cool entries. And I concur, the Alis one is fantastic. I'd love to get a poster of that. It's a great 80's anime look, very heroic, and beautiful. It's like a fully realized depiction of Phantasy Star's first hero for which one would imagine an actual Phantasy Star character would own. It would look appropriate in anybody's room.
    PSO2 Character information:

Eric Windhaven (Fomar) Ship 02.