Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Rappy Hunter

I recently purchased a Swatch .beat watch due to my deep love of everything Phantasy Star - including their inclusion of Internet Time. Now I can just look at my wrist to check out the current Internet Time and coordinate with my friends from around the globe... or not.

What I would like to know from the PSO World community is this - do you use the Internet Time? It seems that most people just use standard time with their Time Zone tagged on when setting up meetings.

Was the inclusion of this Internet Time, this .beat time, just a useless gesture. It seemed like such a cool idea when I read about it in the PSO previews, and I still think it is, but that doesn't matter much if no one uses it.

Let me know whatcha think.

I have hunted and hunted for a dern .beatr watch since the I first read about PSO using it during the preveiw times. but other than ordering online (which I ain't to keen on) it seems no place in my neck of the woods carries swatches anymore... and the one kiosk in a mall that actually was a 'swatch dealer' had no idea what .beats were...

so I would luv to be able to talk in beats.. but can't. PSO should have a little .beats time built into sat the CHAT menu or something.

Rappy Hunter

I agree. I think that PSO should feature the .beats a little more prevalently. I bet most people have seen it in their menus and haven't given it a lick of thought.

BTW, this reply was posted @651 .beats.

Yeah, the .Beat time is an awesome idea. I went to the Swatch website and downloaded a little app for my desktop so I could see what time it was while at work. Currently, the time is: @711

My question... I found a really cool looking .beat watch on the Swatch website, but they don't seem to have an online store. Do you know where I can get one of the .beat watches online?

Rappy Hunter

I had a Swatch dealer in town order mine for me, but I also checked on the Internet for them and found a couple of sites that sell them:

www.watchzone.com has some of the .beat collection

http://store.yahoo.com/galleryone-sandiego/swatch.html has the one I own - the "Silverize" Digital Swatch Skin Watch

Hope this helps!

Posted: @676

Muchas gracias... I think I might order one today.

But what is up with the difference in our beat times? Why are you still at @611 and I am into the 7 hundreds? One of us must have the wrong time zone or something. I live in MD and my time is set for GMT -5 hours (which is EST)... I am pretty sure this is right. Weird

Well, thanks again for the links
    @722

Rappy Hunter

Hey Zero, I think I've been wrong about my .beat time. I now have it as @733. On the Swatch website, I wasn't sure if the date format they were using for conversion was month.day.year or day.month.year. To get @733 I used day.month.year.

Oh, well.

Heh.. ok.. cool. Well at least we are all in sync now. (did I just say n'sync!?? ACK)

I think I am going to get this watch:
    http://store.yahoo.com/galleryone-sa...yqs1000al.html

Looks cool... I am guessing it's worth the $100 bucks. Too bad the .beat system isn't more widely used though.

Rappy Hunter

Slick watch.

It's okay if you like N'Sync. I wouldn't tell too many people though...

grrr.. i hate ordering watches online.. I like to try them on first cause pictures of watches just never do them justice... that gallery-one swatch site is pretty nifty though..

must resist temptation to order..!