Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast

Default Article: Summary of Second Phantasy Star Online 2 Media Briefing

The second Phantasy Star Online 2 media briefing was held today and broadcast on nicovideo. For people that cannot view nicovideo version, you can view the video here:
    [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fOaU-skUIeo[/ame]
    Here are some of the major highlights of the media briefing:
    • Free to Play and Cash Shop - Access to the game and executable will be free on all platforms. The game will be supported by an in-game item transaction shop.
    • iOS and Android Versions - Phantasy Star Online 2 will be released on iOS and Android platforms. These versions will use the same data as the PC and PlayStation Vita versions. However, they will be single player only.
    • Symbol Chat - Symbol Chat will return in Phantasy Star Online 2.
    • Character Creator Demo - A character creation demo will be released on April 5th.
    • PC Release Date - The Japanese PC version of Phantasy Star Online 2 is scheduled to be released during the Summer of 2012.
    • Japanese PC Beta Test - A beta test for the Japanese PC version is scheduled for late April. To sign up for the beta, visit the Japanese Phantasy Star Online 2 website and click on the golden beta button.

Credit goes to Mike for bringing us this news. You can discuss this news in our Phantasy Star Online 2 forum.

Moved back to Utah. Goodbye, Japan... ; ;

Default Free is good. Also, since

Free is good. Also, since it's coming out for iOS, I might not need to upgrade to Vita when that comes out. Dunno about controls on iOS, though... Won't know until I try.
    Edit:
    Oops, after checking the forum, I shoulda known it was too good to be true... Of course, controls would be really difficult or impossible for such a complex game on a tiny touch screen. MAYBE iPad would be better than iPhone, but that's still pushing it. I'll be getting a Vita eventually, but at least I don't have to buy the game.
    Aki on GC PSO, PS2 PSU: AotI, and PSP2i.

地獄へ行くの? お前が先だ!
    DC PSO veteran/The Original Duman

Default Wow, I never would have

Wow, I never would have thought Sega would make PSO2 a F2P title and I didn't expect there be iOS and Android versions of the game.
    Sega are going all out with this game. o.o !
    I play PSP2 and PSOBB, feel free to message me if you want to play with me!

No, I will not use Anti on you.

Default Exactly how popular are

Exactly how popular are Android and iOS in Japan? It was my impression that Japanese cellphone technology was vastly superior to ours, could this be an inclination of a Western release?

Default Noo not F2P. Damn it they

Noo not F2P. Damn it they absorbed the korean style. Means a ton of minor updates that hinder gaming flow, cash shops galore, and hackers 24/7. I mean all this on different platforms means multiple ways for people to destroy your hard work. Man i was totally willing to pay monthly for this. Now im up and down...

Default How exactly will being F2P

How exactly will being F2P mean there'll be lot's of hacking? If you're judging this on Korean MMO's, none of which were made by Sega how can you compare this in any way to PSO2?
    Desktop - Intel i7 6700K 4.0 Ghz, Nvidia 1080 GTX Founders Edition, 16GB 3000 Mhz DDR4 RAM, Samsung 49" CHG 90 UltraWide HDR QLED Gaming Monitor

Laptop - Intel i7 2.8 Ghz (IvyBridge), ATI 7970 2 GB, 16 GB (1866 Mhz) DDR RAM, 17" Display

BITCHES DONT KNOW BOUT MY 'RURU KNUCKLES X3 Merumeru's Avatar

Default F2P = Awesome

So, free-to-play, oh wow, maybe that is the business model they need to go with X3 actually, I'm REALLY sure that it will make a huge difference, and probably for the better. Can't wait! XD

Default This is definitely a

This is definitely a shocker, but I find it to be a reasonable decision as it is quite fitting for the way Sega runs their online PS titles.

Default That media briefing was

That media briefing was awesome, and I don't understand a word of Japanese

Default free 2 player, well i did

free 2 player, well i did hear a while ago, Sega and perfect world were teaming up to make a game, i wonder if PSO2 is it