Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default Article: Phantasy Star Universe Xbox 360 Servers to be Shutdown on September 7th

Edward, a Sega GM, announced today that the Phantasy Star Universe Xbox 360 servers will be shutdown on September 7th. The reason cited for the shutdown was the level of support that could be provided for Phantasy Star Universe Xbox 360 servers while Sega prepares to release new games. Once the servers have been shutdown, only the single player version of the game will be available. Players with an active Guardians license will have their subscription refunded on a pro-rated basis following the shutdown.
    You can discuss this news in this on-going forum thread.

Default I used the play psu on 360

I used the play psu on 360 passionately, and all I got to say is, it's about time. Down with the bloody red phantasy star!

Default Not a nice way to really

Not a nice way to really think about it, it was the only online PS game we had except PSP2, sad to see it go.....

Default wow

really this game is good and has plenty of support i think they just want it to go so they can make more money on the new game

Default hey

I think they should kep it going, I know plenty of people that love the online of psu, and don't want it to go away.

Default will there be an offline

will there be an offline episode 3?

Default It's okay- after Infinity, I

It's okay- after Infinity, I haven't really looked back at any other game.
    I met a lot of good people through this game, I look forward to playing PSO2 and meeting them alllll over again~

Default hmmmm.....

they might as well just shut it down now...bums...this game has been part of me for along time and they wanna end? smh sega what the hell are you guys thinking?

Default In all honesty, I did have a

In all honesty, I did have a great time on the 360 psu, met plenty of kool and stupid people, but the game just started getting annoying. People were acting as if the game was a dating site. Hence it's other nick name: PSUHarmony. Plus there were lots of content we were missing that the JP servers had forever and we were somewhat just starting to get them. It was little by little though. It's seems like they didn't take the 360 version seriously. I'm also aware that there wasn't enough people playing for them to make much of a profit, and everyone needs money. It was a great game, but I think this is for the best.

Default Hopefully this is a sign of

Hopefully this is a sign of the western release of pso2.