Page 1 of 9 1234 ... LastLast

Default Article: Phantasy Star Online 2 Servers Will Not Be Linked

Japanese gaming website 4gamer.net recently interviewed Satoshi Sakai, producer for the Phantasy Star Online series. In the interview, Sakai talks about the creation of Phantasy Star Online 2, future updates, and the regional servers. In particular, he mentioned the North American/European servers will not be linked to the Japanese servers.
    This turn of events will surely come as a disappointment to those that were expecting globaly linked servers.
    Credit goes to Neirene for bringing us this news. You can discuss this news in this forum thread.

Default Oh

Oh

Default Good. Language barriers kind

Good. Language barriers kind of suck anyway.
    Oh well, can't be helped. I wouldn't have gotten my hopes up anyway since I don't know of many modern MMOs that link the Eastern and Western servers anymore.

Mystelle - Level 100 FOmarl
    ~Art by Daggart~

Default that kinda sucked i loved

that kinda sucked i loved that pso ver1&2 dc could play with everyone, from everywhere.

Default It's less about language

It's less about language barriers and playing with a global community, as it is about keeping up to date with content releases, bug/exploit patches and reliable GMs.
    If the servers are separated again, it pretty much paves the way for this game to be another PSU, where the western servers rarely get new areas, missions, or weapons, and even more rarely get special events.

Default Look at it on the bright

Look at it on the bright side! Japanese servers do QA on new content and balance it out, US/EU servers get the patched up and localized content!* Totally worth it. *Well... assuming they ever GET the content.** **Not thinking of PSU at all here, nooo /sarcasm.

Default 3 questions I have for you,

3 questions I have for you, SEGA!
    1. Will we get all content from Jpn servers, excluding "game culturalization", into the west server?
    2. Will SOA/SOE set reasonable prices for arks cash?
    3. And will we see Vita, iOS/Android versions in the west?
    "No problem can be solved from the same level of consciousness that created it." -- Albert Einstein

"I wasn't born a troll... SEGA & the knee-jerks at pso-world.com made me this way." - pso2love

Default I would love for someone to

I would love for someone to ask Sakai specifically about being up to date with content, and not omitting "new areas, missions, or weapons, and even more rarely get special events" for the western server.
    "No problem can be solved from the same level of consciousness that created it." -- Albert Einstein

"I wasn't born a troll... SEGA & the knee-jerks at pso-world.com made me this way." - pso2love

Default So they pretty much just

So they pretty much just crapped in our faces.....again. Well time to learn how to read japanese.
    I own your interwebz :P
    PSU 360:
    Gun lvl 56 Beast
    Pspo2:
    Gun lvl 82 Human

Default But now the game is F2P so

But now the game is F2P so they'll... probably use that as the reason to further minimize the support for the game. Hmmm, maybe since we'll likely have to pay to transfer from dead servers/ships to another they'll have less financial restrictions in that effect? Not to mention the My Room and Trading ''not default anymore'' features and the Ark cash setup... I HAVE FAITH, this might not be the end before the beginning! Why would they refrain from making the same mistakes as they did with PSU only to do WORSE? Really let's... let's just wait until it comes out here and has been out for about 6 months before starting to lose ourselves (I know it's hard, I'm having a hard time being neither overly optimistic or overly pessimistic).