Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789

Default ^This. Let's face it,

^This.

Let's face it, western people who actually know japanese are a minority. An even smaller minority is japs who know english decently. And no, engRish doesn't count.

Default Well, glad to see some

Well, glad to see some things never change, endless bickering, arguing opinions and such. Good times ^.-
    Now for my 2 cents: First off to anyone telling those that are claiming "PSO2 is dead before it starts" to "be happy we got it at all", try to keep in mind that most if not all of us have been following this game since it was announced, and watched SEGA do the same old crap they always do by implying they were going to do one thing using minimal information (I.E. "Global support") and delivering something completely different. It's no real surprise to anyone, but we were hoping they would break their own track record and actually cater to ALL of their fans.
    As for the whole "Stop comparing to PSU, it's a different game!"... We know that, and you're completely missing the points that everyone who is using past track records on SEGA's part and actual facts to prove that there is an incredibly high chance of PSO2 making the same mistakes that PSU did based on how it was handled. Fact: PSU went for months at times with no new content due to SoJ not releasing it to SoA. Fact: They did not maintain their servers properly. Fact: They did not employ nearly enough GM's to help moderate the game. Fact: Their support system for any bugs, glitches, cheating, scamming ect ect.. was utter crap.
    Based on these facts, most players are not willing to give PSO2w a chance, since as others have stated (for months now), SEGA needs to show us that they are taking steps to better improve these faults instead of putting the game in a position to make the exact same mistakes they have made repeatedly over the last 10+ years. I haven't seen anyone saying that the game is going to suck, but simply pointing out everything I just said (though not nearly as long winded).
    PSO GC: Justyn FOmar lvl200
    PSU PC/PS2/Xbox 360:Aftermath (Returned to the shadows)
    "That which appears harmless can destroy mountains"

Default This I 100% agree with.

This I 100% agree with.
    The combined file sizes of images in signatures cannot exceed 35000 bytes.

Default Exactly

PRECISELY the problem. If my friends wouldn't mind, I'd stick to the JPN version so I can have the latest content and support. Otherwise this game will have a swift death for the international community.
    From PSO Ep 1-4 to PSU, PS0, PSP 1-2, and now PSO2... it's been a long journey.

Default Lesson not learned?

My experience with MMO's with fully linked servers (cross platform AND international) meant that everyone got the exact same updates at the exact same time, plus the server population was ALWAYS high or decent since you could find a party almost all the time considering the 24 hour rotation of the earth (One side is going to sleep, while the other is just waking up). Sure there were some language barriers but with some simple terms (and an auto translator) you could always get a good party to work with in under 30 minutes.
    The way it sounds is not that the US/EU servers can't be grouped with the JPN servers, but that the JPN players don't want to play with anyone outside of JPN... really stupid in my opinion, but we'll have to wait and see how long PSO2 will last. If Sega drops the ball on this one it will be clear that their marketing and development crew need to cut some folks out for ancient school thinking.