Default Article: PSO2 (JP) Arks Party, November Update Info, and a Giant Rappy

The first ever Phantasy Star Online 2 offline meetup took place Saturday in Japan, hosted by PSO2 producer Satoshi Sakai and director Yuya Kimura. Fan site Shogai PSO was able to attend and get some new info on what's coming in the November content update (which we already know will be including the Ruins field, as well as new boss Zeshreida).

On their site is a transcript and audio recording of a chat with the two PSO2 devs. Here's some of the info they were able to find out, translated courtesy of Keii in our forums:

[*]Photon Shop: This new shop which will accept Photon Drops as currency and will carry devices, weapons, armors, etc.[*]Excube System: A feature mentioned briefly by Sakai earlier this month. This system will allow players who have reached the maximum level and experience to trade in surplus experience in special shops. These shops will include new mag devices, 10 star units and other great things!

Also mentioned are new costumes (possibly the recently revealed PS Vita tie-in costumes) and new story content (which is likely tied to the Ruins field addition).

SEGA also unveiled its new "Arks Briefing Room" at the BigBox in Tokyo where the Arks Party was held, as covered by 4gamer. The room features a 4-player gaming rig that is designed to fully immerse players in the PSO2 experience. The room sports four EMPEROR 1510 gaming chairs, valued at about $10,500 each, and players can make reservations to rent them by the hour. Sakai and Kimura were present to cut the ribbons and a giant Rappy was on hand to keep the peace.

Default Gaming room for rent, hmmm~

Gaming room for rent, hmmm~

"ARIKAー戦隊, 参上!!" (click it!)
    Arika     @US server | Arika-chan @JP server

Default If I ever get a gaming room

If I ever get a gaming room like that I can say goodbye to my life.

Default Let's just take up a

Let's just take up a collection and get about 8 of these for the next PSOW get-together... no biggie, right? Surely, we have some famous rich people who visit this site

Team: Outsourced Mutiny lostinseganet's Avatar
    Lost somewhere between seganet and the grave

Default That chair looks nice but

That chair looks nice but not $10,500 each nice...Is that for everything connected to the chair?
    You need good D...!? Well so do I!
    PSO 2 + D.D.R.♪, Playable Instruments, AND karaoke! Think of the Competitive Anime Conventions!Dreamcast was art, and like art it was not appreciated until it was DEAD
    I like teh magics in my melee. Not teh melee in ma magics (^_0),
    Lostinseganet: Self proclaimed Melee FOrce!

Default Each chair basically has an

Each chair basically has an Alienware gaming PC, speakers, and a monitor attached to it. However, I don't think the gaming PC is included in the cost of the Emperor 1510. The video on their web site shows everything it can do. The chair has electronic adjustment controls that can raise or lower the arm that has the screens attached. It's pretty wild.

Default Arks Briefing Room = worlds

Arks Briefing Room = worlds greatest Man cave.