Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Default Vita games on the TV!

Good news, Sony is releasing a Vita TV player that lets you play vita games on the TV... I'll probably do that =)

Default This title is strange

This title is strange knowing how we can play PSO2 on the Playstation Vita.
    It's perhaps a way just to enjoy PSO2 fix on the go without the internet connection needed
    for PSO2, but still I will be playing PSO2 on my Vita.I might get this game just need more info.
    Signature images are limited to a combined total of 600 pixels in width, 180 pixels in height, and 50,000 bytes in filesize. For signatures without images, you may only have 5 lines of text. If there is a picture in the signature, the combined height of the picture and text shall not exceed 180 pixels.

Default One hand it's good to see

One hand it's good to see Tri-ace up and about again, maybe they can redeem themselves after the fiasco that was last hope. But on the other I see no point in personally getting excited. Phantasy star here in the west is pretty much a faded memory now. What little faith I had in sega is gone. If by the slightest chance in Helheim we get another PS game then cool, but as of right now I've gone elsewhere to get my action rpg/ loot hunting fix. Thank you Ragnarok Odyssey ace.

Default I have to admit. I do share

I have to admit. I do share some sentiment with some of the other posters. Not that I want to sound angry, as I generally don't do such a thing.
    These days, it really gets hard to actually get excited about a Phantasy Star release unless you are Japanese or fluent enough for which a localized release doesn't make playing the game any easier or comfortable.
    Thing is. Until Sega gives any word that they are supporting any kind of Western releases on Phantasy Star games, at all; people are going to assume that any announcement comes with a "Japan only" stamp on it.
    Considering Western support completely dropped after the release of Phantasy Star Portable 2, and there have been a number of Phantasy Star releases since then (on different platforms); most announcements here are basically just like a Japan fan-group posting about some Japan-specific toy or food brand for which the only way to obtain it is via import.
    I'm hoping that's not what is going to become of this site. I guess talking about earlier, already localized, games that can be played offline is what people can talk about; but I hope Sega decides to make Phantasy Star-related western releases a reality again.
    PSO2 Character information:

Eric Windhaven (Fomar) Ship 02.

Reclusive, indefinitely. RLbitClassica's Avatar

Default Agreed. If localization DOES

Agreed. If localization DOES occur(not getting my hopes up...), then a Vita may be the next handheld on my shopping list, but I would much rather see the 3DS get a little PS love.
    When life gives you lemons, suck on them.

Default another PS game we wont see

another PS game we wont see here. yup.

Default LOL, what. They totally went

LOL, what. They totally went Ninja on us about PSO2 and showed up with another title. That's a great way to give us the finger. As for Vita, that's great. The handheld can use more games coming around. Just that, I wouldn't buy one right now. Not many games worth playing IMO other than Persona 3, Soul Sacrifice, Ragnarok Odyssey & BlazBlue if you're into that. Maaaaaabye we'll get God Eater 2 and a Monster Hunter title (although I don't recall MH3rd HD ever being released outside JP so eh..).
    Going to start learning JP now, kbai >.>

Default http://sega-addicts.murnaumus

http://sega-addicts.murnaumusic.com/?p=41100 -

If this is true... I'm one sad, sad newman...

Default Honestly I'm not too

Honestly I'm not too surprised. After about a year of no word on a US release of PSO2 and then the announcement of this makes me believe that (as much as I hate to admit it) Phantasy Star is currently dead in the West. Things were looking up when we got the release of PSP2 stateside however without any advertising (as usual)...well we all know how that turned out.
    All I can hope is that Sega just decided not to release Nova for the US because of how much more the Nintendo 3DS is dominating the Vita (At least in my area, seriously I have never seen or heard of anyone with a Vita). Not to mention with Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate (and soon 4) for the 3DS most people, myself included, have just switched to that for our grinding fix.
    Sega 'could' bring Phantasy Star back stateside but I honestly believe that the only platform it'll succeed on here is the 3DS. With the recent surges in highly anticipated MMO's coming out it would just fall under the radar in terms of PC gaming. (Which is another reason I feel they've just ignored us on PSO2) As far as console gaming goes I just feel that non-Phantasy Star/grinding/dungeoning fan westerners would bash it for it's simplistic/grindy feel since many people are going to compare them to the current trend of stylish over the top games (The western console stereotype is FPS and God of War pretty much). However as far as portable gaming fares, Sega might have a chance with a Phantasy Star game for the 3DS once the hype from Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate and 4 dies down.
    She is style
    She is grace
    But most importantly, she'll break your face <3

Default Yeah, I'm not hyped at all.

Yeah, I'm not hyped at all. Whatever Sega.