Default Article: Phantasy Star Online 2 The Animation Trailer

The trailer for Phantasy Star Online 2: The Animation was released this week on the official Phantasy Star Online 2 Youtube Channel.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/C0vOu5s_igU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
    The trailer features footage of the main characters attending high school and playing Phantasy Star Online 2. This series will debut in Japan sometime in 2016.

You can discuss this trailer in this forum thread.

Default This makes me wanna punch

This makes me wanna punch sega in the throat.

Default Oh, dear God...they haven't

Oh, dear God...they haven't seriously gone the .hack route with this have they....??
    Y'know, I'm getting the distinct feeling that Sega is just churning out whatever it feels like, as opposed to "what its fanbase actually wants/needs".
    That sentiment would explain Sonic Colours.
    "Love is to be experienced, not controlled." - Ralph Ellison III

PSO2: Caius, HUmar, Ship 02 (SEGA ID: chaoscylon)

LF English speaking players to team/RP with. All are welcome to message here/in game. See you starside!

Default ''... gone the .hack

''... gone the .hack route''? Those who made .hack were inspired by PSO. If anything, I find it a nice homage from SEGA - intended or not - to go on and do an anime in the same line. And, really, I'd go for some PSO anime. Sure why not? Even if it's not IN the PSO universe as a world of its own (PSOU? hue hue hue) and it's like .hack instead about people playing PSO, it still has potential! POTENTIAL FOR NOSTALGIAGAGA. Or whatever. tl;dr: WOOHOO.

Default Idk, I guess this just

Idk, I guess this just doesn't fit what -I'd- prefer from an anime. Something more following of the game's story (what little I gather from it anyway ) would be, in my opinion, better. The idea of "It's about people playing the game" makes it a little too meta for me.
    I submit, however, that the formula HAS worked in the past (.hack, SAO etc.). It's not what I'd prefer, but I admit you're right. It may have merits.
    (God, it's so cool to have an actual discussion about something on the internet <3)
    Lastly, my implying that I PERSONALLY know what the fanbase wants/needs is made completely untrue by your enjoyment of this trailer - that much was unfair of me to suggest, sorry.
    "Love is to be experienced, not controlled." - Ralph Ellison III

PSO2: Caius, HUmar, Ship 02 (SEGA ID: chaoscylon)

LF English speaking players to team/RP with. All are welcome to message here/in game. See you starside!

Default All is good! But yeah, I

All is good! But yeah, I really wish there could be a PSO anime set in the universe (personally the ver.2 setting maybe even BB but that's just me being stuck in the past). I'll have to settle for what SEGA comes up with. Maybe for the 20th PSO anniversary we'll get PSO2? ... As PSO3 gets announced in Japan XD

Default my opinion on this anime

I have see 4 of the episodes and just lost interest. I have plenty of other anime with the same formula to watch. I was hoping to recapture the feeling of the community before but that was not really there. Trying to convince me that its a regular school didnt work. Showing little to nothing about the actual ingame lore was also disappointing to me. We, well, some us, played this game for almost a decade and created vast theories, stories, connections with many of the npcs and our own characters in PSO... this is what drove us to keep playing. This anime is just another device to sell the new game... and the sad thing is... they wont even sell it to us. We have to fake our names, our origins, to jump in and intrude on this game that once had the honor of been one of the first to break language barriers and bring everyone together. Not so anymore.