Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast

Default Site Upgrade Bug Report Thread

Are you receiving an error message? See something that looks weird or broken? Use this thread to report any bugs you are seeing and we'll take a look at it.

When submitting a bug report, include the following information:
    • URL
    • Browser and version
    • A short description of the problem
    • Screenshot where appropriate

We spent several weeks testing the site upgrade across a wide variety of browsers and operating systems. A lot of effort went into fixing potential bugs and making the site upgrades as compatible with as many browsers as possible. On a project this large though, there will be a few bugs that get through or a browser/plugin combination that wasn't tested enough. So if you see something odd or things aren't behaving like what you'd expect, let us know.

Thanks!

Do you accept bugfixes over the blue steel theme? The update pretty much broke the posting form styles, text color, margins and other stuff, i can provide the fixes in css

Edit: also this looks pretty silly:

https://gyazo.com/f8ed91068dbc118dce6ff50302ca43e3.png

compared to the old width:

https://gyazo.com/dc5de572ff53234e6342640f3e8e55dd.png
    Last edited by Rupikachu; May 28, 2016 at 06:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rupikachu View Post
    Do you accept bugfixes over the blue steel theme? The update pretty much broke the posting form styles, text color, margins and other stuff, i can provide the fixes in css
    This thread is for all of the themes.

If you can point out problematic spots for Blue-Steel and suggested fixes, that would be great! I've been working on fixing issues for some of the other themes.

Blue steel reply box margins are too bright, Cosmic reply box made me blind for a second.

Not perfect (viewing replies on the reply screen changed a lot) but should fix most of biggest annoyances

Either add it to the end of the global css ( i think vbulletin generates custom css on each page? ) or fix the each things by hand. Make sure you take a look at the comment i left for .vbs_forumhead table, #forumbits, #threadlist, #below_threadlist, #forum_info_options

Spoiler!

Edit: also this

Spoiler!
    Last edited by Rupikachu; May 28, 2016 at 07:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by landman View Post
    Blue steel reply box margins are too bright, Cosmic reply box made me blind for a second.
    Agreed on the Blue-Steel Quick Reply Box. It has been given more appropriate colors.

Not perfect (viewing replies on the reply screen changed a lot) but should fix most of biggest annoyances

Either add it to the end of the global css ( i think vbulletin generates custom css on each page? ) or fix the each things by hand. Make sure you take a look at the comment i left for .vbs_forumhead table, #forumbits, #threadlist, #below_threadlist, #forum_info_options
    Thanks. I'll take a look at this and try them out. I might not get to everything today though. vBulletin CSS generation is a giant mess of hundreds of variables and dozens of stylesheets that interact in interesting ways. Blue-Steel in particular poses unique challenges with the way its CSS selectors interact. Something that might look good on one-page will look horrible in another site section.
    Last edited by Ryna; May 28, 2016 at 07:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryna View Post
    Agreed on the Blue-Steel Quick Reply Box. It has been given more appropriate colors.

Thanks. I'll take a look at this and try them out. I might not get to everything today though. vBulletin CSS generation is a giant mess of hundreds of variables and dozens of stylesheets that interact in interesting ways. Blue-Steel in particular poses unique challenges with its CSS selectors interact. Something that might look good on one-page will look horrible in another site section.
    No problem, mercilessly attaching it to the end should do the trick too, i just loaded a few different pages and pasted it into the inspector stylesheet to test.

Btw list styles on here are also a bit messed up http://www.pso-world.com/links-pso.php

Edit: and forgot to fix the textareas on the reply msg:

Spoiler!
    Last edited by Rupikachu; May 28, 2016 at 07:20 PM.

Btw list styles on here are also a bit messed up http://www.pso-world.com/links-pso.php
    I'm not able to replicate this bug. What are you seeing?

Edit: also this looks pretty silly:

https://gyazo.com/f8ed91068dbc118dce6ff50302ca43e3.png

compared to the old width:

https://gyazo.com/dc5de572ff53234e6342640f3e8e55dd.png
    Thanks for the feedback and suggestions. There were a lot of inconsistencies with bringing over the Blue-Steel theme, due to the software version change. The way the new platform is styled is entirely different and it's a tedious process to make even minor changes. However, now that we have the new site launched, we'll be able to focus on tweaking things based on user feedback.

As for the fixed width of Cosmic, compared to the fluid width of Blue-Steel, this was done on purpose so that we could have better control over appearance of the site and content when viewed with the default theme. We're probably going to be looking at putting together a fluid version of Cosmic, if there is demand for it. This project has been in the works for a few years and we decided if we kept waiting until we had every single thing we wanted in place, we'd never get it launched

Quote Originally Posted by Ryna View Post
    I'm not able to replicate this bug. What are you seeing?
    https://i.gyazo.com/38760c9d3ec14ae4...1e2256f1e9.png

Looks like no margin on the <ul> on Blue-steel bullets end outside the box

Quote Originally Posted by Tomeeboy View Post
    As for the fixed width of Cosmic, compared to the fluid width of Blue-Steel, this was done on purpose so that we could have better control over appearance of the site and content when viewed with the default theme. We're probably going to be looking at putting together a fluid version of Cosmic, if there is demand for it. This project has been in the works for a few years and we decided if we kept waiting until we had every single thing we wanted in place, we'd never get it launched
    Scht***v left me a trauma 8 years ago when i helped the old man make the old forum look like the site with fixed widths and drama happened. :P
    Last edited by Rupikachu; May 28, 2016 at 07:32 PM.