Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Unhappy Question about the form for SEGA about OTP issue

I lost my phone and didnt save the deletion code for gg authenticator. I ask my friend in japan to help me write a letter for SEGA but I'm confused.
    2016-05-29_18-12-48.png
    This is the form (follow bumped.org). My question is

Do I have to submit all exactly informations of the SEGA ID like Name or Birthday (why SEGA dont want to ask for secret question)? Because I updated my SEGA ID's Name follow some "AC purchase guide".

Quote Originally Posted by nicky246 View Post
    I lost my phone and didnt save the deletion code for gg authenticator. I ask my friend in japan to help me write a letter for SEGA but I'm confused.
    2016-05-29_18-12-48.png
    This is the form (follow bumped.org). My question is

Do I have to submit all exactly informations of the SEGA ID like Name or Birthday (why SEGA dont want to ask for secret question)? Because I updated my SEGA ID's Name follow some "AC purchase guide".
    You need this information as how are they supposed to know if you're not actually a hacker trying to invade an account. If you faked your information, then you might be SOL.
    PSO2 Details: Ship 02 || Sirius-91 Cast || Lacey-458 Caseal || Team: ChibiRoar!

Quote Originally Posted by Xerenia View Post
    Oh no! What am i going to do, this was my whole entire life, and now it's going to be gone. :C Guess i'll just go and troll other proxies. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Quote Originally Posted by Sirius-91 View Post
    You need this information as how are they supposed to know if you're not actually a hacker trying to invade an account. If you faked your information, then you might be SOL.
    I mean the informations when I create SEGA ID or what? Thank you

You need all the information you put in when you last updated the inforamtion on the account (which for most people is when they made the account).

Your best bet? Find the phone. Because if all your information is copied out of some guide, the cs rep's going to look at your account and realize the falsified info (seriously, how many people have the name Sega Tarou?)

Once you find the phone? Switch it to SecureOTP - you'd be able to load up the app on another device and the codes are tied to your account, unlike GAuth, which is tied to a one-time generated code/QR. At the very least, you'll keep your OTP storage access, the only thing you lose is the 2nd set of monthly rewards. (which doesn't help you at all if you can't sign in). Alternatively, remove the GAuth you have, and set it up again to create a new termination code. Take a photo of it, and file it away.

Quote Originally Posted by Lyrise View Post
    You need all the information you put in when you last updated the inforamtion on the account (which for most people is when they made the account).

Your best bet? Find the phone. Because if all your information is copied out of some guide, the cs rep's going to look at your account and realize the falsified info (seriously, how many people have the name Sega Tarou?)

Once you find the phone? Switch it to SecureOTP - you'd be able to load up the app on another device and the codes are tied to your account, unlike GAuth, which is tied to a one-time generated code/QR. At the very least, you'll keep your OTP storage access, the only thing you lose is the 2nd set of monthly rewards. (which doesn't help you at all if you can't sign in). Alternatively, remove the GAuth you have, and set it up again to create a new termination code. Take a photo of it, and file it away.
    So It means that I've already done can I just tell to SEGA I was dumb and type a random name ofc my friend in japan will help with his name or address

You can backup the entire GAuth database with root. It's not an option for some though, but if rooted one just needs to browse to:
    Code:
    /data/data/com/google.android.apps.authenticator2/databases/
    And backup the databases file and databases-journal file replacing them with the same files on the new device.
    PSO2 Details: Ship 02 || Sirius-91 Cast || Lacey-458 Caseal || Team: ChibiRoar!

Quote Originally Posted by Xerenia View Post
    Oh no! What am i going to do, this was my whole entire life, and now it's going to be gone. :C Guess i'll just go and troll other proxies. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Quote Originally Posted by Sirius-91 View Post
    You can backup the entire GAuth database with root. It's not an option for some though, but if rooted one just needs to browse to:
    Code:
    /data/data/com/google.android.apps.authenticator2/databases/
    And backup the databases file and databases-journal file replacing them with the same files on the new device.
    Window Phone sad

Quote Originally Posted by nicky246 View Post
    So It means that I've already done can I just tell to SEGA I was dumb and type a random name ofc my friend in japan will help with his name or address
    Don't do this. The terms already state that they can terminate your account for providing falsified information - they'll also look at the connection logs as well for your account and realize you're connecting from outside of Japan, which would make things even more difficult for you.

Don't do this. The terms already state that they can terminate your account for providing falsified information - they'll also look at the connection logs as well for your account and realize you're connecting from outside of Japan, which would make things even more difficult for you.
    So if I submit the name I took on the guide is there any chances to ask for an unlock code from SEGA?

Don't count on it. On paper it should play out as you described, but your chances go down proportional to the number of people who did the same thing you did.