Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: It is done

I was told it was done. It clearly is not.

Liar.
    Tax the fucking churches.

But it was done!

It just became un-done.

It's never done.
    http://www.pso-world.com/forums/signaturepics/sigpic25144_2.gif
    It's either real or it's a dream. There's nothing that is in between.

Curiously attractive for a fish man Zorafim's Avatar

Are we talking about PSU vs PSO2?!

PSO2 is better. Hands down. The combat is way more involved. The combat of PSU was, spam your best attack until you get low enough in health to have to use a mate. Or just don't and use a doll.
    There was no defense. If an attack was happening, your only choice was to sit there and eat it, because there sure as hell was no way you could dodge it.

PSO2's gameplay is amazing. Not quite Bayonetta good, but it's not too far behind. Its problem is balance and content.
    The game's amazing when you're underpowered. Each fight is stressful, but you have all the tools needed to overcome it. Enemies tell their attacks, ever so slightly, giving you what you need to defend against it. Block, dodge, parry, or move out of the way, and get in position to counter. It's great.
    But then grinding and affixing happened. So boring, so tedious, so resource draining, and the end result is making you so powerful that enemies can't keep up. So they throw more enemies at you, which doesn't actually matter because you can just oneshot more enemies at once. And because there's so many enemies, you can't see anything to evade it.

So, in short, both games suck. PSO2 was at least good in the beta, but PSU was never good. I kept thinking, just wait for them to release more stuff and it will get better. But nope. I just wasted my time playing that game.

Oh, then there's the art. I love the artstyle of PSO2. PSU isn't bad, but PSO2 is just more refined.
    PSO2's story is offensively bad. It doesn't have characters. It has stereotypes. Everything wrong with anime is wrong about this game's story. PSU wasn't great, but it was decent enough. Episode 1 was bad, but it got better.
    PSU also, surprisingly, had some great music. You wouldn't know this because they never used it, and just blasted their worst tracks in every place the player was expected to be. But look in the files, and some of the music was great. PSO2 has... like, random notes and beats pulsing whenever it feels like it. It doesn't sound too bad, but there's nothing musically interesting with it.

Anyway, the correct answer is PSIV. One of the best turn-based RPGs around, in terms of gameplay.

Zora is attempting a hostile takeover! Take'em down!

Curiously attractive for a fish man Zorafim's Avatar

Dive! Dive! Dive!