Default Fluid Version of Cosmic Now Available

Like the Cosmic theme, but don't like the fixed-width version? Cosmic (Fluid) is now available on the Style Picker for testing. The Fluid version will expand to better fit larger screens.

Based on feedback we received in the Update thread, we've been gradually improving Cosmic. These improvements include
    • Made another pass over the theme to improve font color consistency.
    • Added more vertical spacing on Forum Index and Show Forum pages.
    • Replaced some of the thread icons with easier-to-see versions.
    • Made several subtle changes to the Forum Index and Show Forum pages to increase readability.
    • Several compatibility and bug fixes.

For the Fluid version, we're going to be testing out some other adjustments on the Show Forum page. One of the adjustments will be displaying user avatars in the "Last Post By" column. We're interested in knowing whether you like or dislike seeing avatars in that particular space.

We did test out replacing the default font on Cosmic with several Google CSS fonts. Google CSS Fonts weren't implemented because of compatibility issues with older browsers and legibility issues on some of our Mobile test devices.

If see you a bug or something you like/dislike, let us know.

Trying it out, and I'm liking it. I like seeing the avatars, though it is a little odd that when a person doesn't have an avatar, it appears as the default PSO2 HUmar rather than the stick person silhouette that appears on the front page's Recent Forums Posts feed. Also, the image on the front page news post is now off-center, though I imagine that is just a formatting issue in the post itself since the others below it are fine:
    Last edited by Anduril; Jun 17, 2016 at 09:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Anduril View Post
    I like seeing the avatars, though it is a little odd that when a person doesn't have an avatar, it appears as the default PSO2 HUmar rather than the stick person silhouette that appears on the front page's Recent Forums Posts feed.
    "We're all boxart heroes now."

I agree though, the avatars showing up is a nice addition and I also love how theme takes up more of the empty space now. Think the only thing I would like to suggest is to reduce some of the gap between the profile/settings and the logo, and a bit of the free space between "Welcome to the PSO-World.com" and "Site Information".

Last edited by yoshiblue; Jun 18, 2016 at 06:03 PM.