Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Quote Originally Posted by [Ayumi] View Post
    Um, there was a time that secureOTP said it was sync'd and it wasn't.
    So every OTP it gave me didn't work and after the 7th time it locked me in.

Of course I mailed them and they fixed it within a few hours, but yeah it's not my fault that the stupid thing didn't sync when it said it was.
    If the same thing happen with Google, then it's my fault? Alright.
    It caused by your phone clock.
    In Google Authenticator, if the code don't sync correctly there's option to resync all codes according to the one supplied by Google server.
    In case that you change your phone clock for whatever reason (such as travel when having auto clock setup turned on), it is strongly suggested to use time correction before using authentication code.

I don't remember how to fix this problem on old TN OTP since i never have this kind of problem.
    Last edited by wefwq; Jun 21, 2016 at 02:11 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zorak000 View Post
    I really hope so, I am in a similar position
    Same here, darn it

The Lone Gamer of the Apockalypse Zorak000's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Skyly View Post
    Holy shit lol. I created my sega ID in 2012 but I'm not sure if they required a secret question.. I only mentioned that cause there never used to be a captcha
    yeah that's a big part of my issue; I don't think they had that part back then.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aine View Post
    http://pso2.jp/players/news/?id=9160

If you're using SecureOTP on a smartphone, they request that you switch to Google Authenticator. If you don't switch before they end SecureOTP service, you'll no longer be able to use the OTP storage and your monthly rewards will be reset.

If you're using SecureOTP on a dedicated hardware token, you won't be able to use it when they end the service, so they ask you to set an Item Trading Password before then.

The impression I get is that as long as you set an Item Trading Password they'll just terminate the OTP in September, but it doesn't actually specifically say that's what will happen.
    oh ok, that sounds like it'll just be disabled and I'll have to just use the Item Transaction password. Also looking at the Google Authenticator setup instructions it seems I will never be able to actually use it anyway
    Last edited by Zorak000; Jun 21, 2016 at 10:21 AM.

Psychotic Asian Goth Girl [Ayumi]'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by wefwq View Post
    It caused by your phone clock.
    In Google Authenticator, if the code don't sync correctly there's option to resync all codes according to the one supplied by Google server.
    In case that you change your phone clock for whatever reason (such as travel when having auto clock setup turned on), it is strongly suggested to use time correction before using authentication code.

I don't remember how to fix this problem on old TN OTP since i never have this kind of problem.
    The problem was on bluestacks. I never owned a phone that could use OTP.
    I did try out th sync option on google just in case and it kept saying it had a problem syncing.
    I mean it works, but not liking how it's saying it has a problem syncing.

Well, I did the switch painless. Even the captcha was pretty easy.

The Lone Gamer of the Apockalypse Zorak000's Avatar

anyone know if there are jp players who had the issue of having an account old enough to not have their security questions set, and were able to get them set, even if it meant contacting support?

I'd be cool if I could actually get this problem fixed by some means

Quote Originally Posted by Zorak000 View Post
    anyone know if there are jp players who had the issue of having an account old enough to not have their security questions set, and were able to get them set, even if it meant contacting support?

I'd be cool if I could actually get this problem fixed by some means
    If it's anything, I have done this back in '13 when switching emails.
    PSO2 Details: Ship 02 || Sirius-91 Cast || Lacey-458 Caseal || Team: ChibiRoar!

Quote Originally Posted by Xerenia View Post
    Oh no! What am i going to do, this was my whole entire life, and now it's going to be gone. :C Guess i'll just go and troll other proxies. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯