Page 1 of 24 123411 ... LastLast

Default Your thoughts on updated Dark Falz Double + Profound Darkness?

Title. Now titled A Perennial Apocalypse, what are your thoughts on the bosses?

Animations are now sped up, both bosses have a few new moves, and ARKS Effect is no longer a factor.

I like it actually. It's now the hardest boss(es) in the game, and thematically, it fits.

Edit:

Video is up!
    Last edited by NephyrisX; Jun 22, 2016 at 07:57 AM.

Fucking epic. I like how PD's moves are unpredictable, especially once you get knocked down.

It is how it should have been since the beginning.

The HP buff to Double was a nice idea, the fact that it uses its "Anti-MPA" move multiple time, even before "getting weaker" is cool, especially when you broke all of its towers and it does some surprise attack, like, again, the "Anti MPA" move, you expect Double to charge two times as usual but noooope, and i actually appreciated it.

PD revamp is a success too, way more faster, isn't stun for 15 years with a sign saying "Pown me here".
    And when in humanoid form, it managed to kill me, I was surprised to see that, and I wasn't the only one as ~7/12 people died in this phase.

Too bad it is still locked to 6 Caligula.
    But overall it is a success, Double finally deserves its title of "The most dangerous Dark Falz" and Profound Darkness is finally a true boss.
    Last edited by Poyonche; Jun 22, 2016 at 06:55 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by GHNeko View Post
    oh boy cant wait for this class to be op on release and for everyone and their mom to run only this class for a week and failing all the EQs.

I actually like it a lot more now, MPA kept dying too. Lots of things I did not expect too, and the new animation speed also caught me off guard a lot of times.
    I enjoyed it. Look forward to this weeks schedule, packed with PD.
    Kind of pissed that PD will still just drop 6 crystals...
    Last edited by Rainoffire; Jun 22, 2016 at 06:58 AM.

Cheap as fuck. My MPA was terrible too, but I had time to launch like 6 or 7 compound techs.

I was not expecting Double's special move to go across 6 times and that fast and I just loved how long Double lived this time. Definitely a much more fun fight.

PD though, holy crap. I was not expecting that speed at all. Definitely wasn't expecting breaking three of its parts and instead of revealing its weak point, it goes into another form that you have to take out in order to reveal the weak point.

The final form was extremely ruthless too. And my MPA got rekt by Persona. I was caught off guard and loved every minute of it. This better stay as it is and not get nerfed.

So far people dies in pub. I like how the claw-grabbing move from PD can instant kill anyone with HP below 1K. It kinda deal 1.1k+. I forgot if I got Deband or not. The speed is also magnificent, I can't detect it from the map as I usually could, nor I see it from where yet. Probably just need adjustment, that's all I can say.

And I like how the persona's satellite cannon is like the one from XQ. I haven't got into when Persona throws his ultimate move, but somehow it feels like the time to get to that move is shorter now.
    Last edited by SteveCZ; Jun 22, 2016 at 07:00 AM.

The solo phase is kind of annoying now that the damage on the PD's Overend got buffed to the same levels it is in the solo XQ (That is, it'll one shot you if you're not rocking over 1.1K HP or so), as it means getting stunned is almost certainly going to result in death due to it using said move immediately after the stun beams.

I do like that there's another minor phase after that before it gets stunned and dies like usual, though.

Overall, I enjoy the fight a lot more, as there's a genuine risk of death from things other then randomly getting ping-ponged into multiple attacks now, as the heavily choreographed attacks are appropriately punishing now, and other attacks come out a lot faster. The only thing I actually died to was the solo phase, as the sheer amount of beam spamming makes it difficult to even see what the PD is doing at times, but everyone was getting blown up repeatedly both for Double and PD.
    Last edited by Rakurai; Jun 22, 2016 at 07:04 AM.

Double is much more harder now
    PD has a lot of move that can one hit kill most people

overall very satisfy
    It would be better if PD has move hp though

Tech parrying ring went from redundant to abusable on this boss too. Without it you couldn't attack most of the time.