Page 15 of 24 FirstFirst ... 512131415161718 ... LastLast

tl;dr: Double is a shit, PD is pretty fun.

After doing this mission a few more times I can finally have a better opinion of it. Double is just absolutely annoying more so than before. Moving around a lot more along with the cars causing panic so much can be absolutely irritable. It is managable, but can be irritable.

PD though is pretty fun granted I can't even see what I am being hit with mostly. The claw grab for some reason did 1,524 damage to me at one point and it normally seems to OHKO me regardless of whatever my HP is at the time ( I have never had lvl 3 boost during those phases so I don't know if its the same.) I do love how hard it can be to track him with him nyooming all over the place. I didn't realize that he does that laser slap of Anga's twice now and much faster. I also didn't know that at the final phase after defeating Persona, he shifts direction with that laser of his and that he charges what I am guessing is a bigger one if you fail to get all the bits in time or something.

Quote Originally Posted by Agastya View Post
    you know that blue weapons are an area drop and not only from a specific monster, right
    That's literally what I just referenced when I said 'MOAR AQS' and 'Could be worse, though. Could be any weapon that isn't blue.'

Quote Originally Posted by isCasted View Post
    Double, however... Even pre-buff Double was annoying and cheap for melee, because there were cars, bears, floors - everything at once. It's wasn't causing frustration because it was easy. But now... Holy fuck... Just a single example: I can end up in that panic floor dirt thing because cars obscure all my vision, because there are so many of them chasing after me. And when that happens, Double uses MPA wipe attack while I'm stunlocked. Alternatively, I can block one incoming wipe attack, but cars are still there, and they run into me while I'm recovering from guard animation... So the outcome is exactly the same. Every. Fucking. Time.
    Yeah I'm still at a loss as to how to survive that bullshit without KC invincibility.
    Last edited by Maninbluejumpsuit; Jun 25, 2016 at 05:41 PM.

Shigure ship 2. Credit to agarwood for the picture!

Dodging Double's cars is almost the same as dodging DF Loser's red balls.

Quote Originally Posted by Shiyo View Post
    I also guess most people just want to instantly 1 shot the boss with a good group and not have to try at all? Kind of weird for me. You can only do the boss once so a "bad" mpa doesn't even matter, and the only time I have fun in this game is when things are actually difficult and people are making mistakes so that things don't instantly die. I like when I'm with bad players.
    *slow clap* man who understands what pug really is.
    Last edited by SteveCZ; Jun 25, 2016 at 09:14 PM.

Maybe I'm just rusty from not playing in a while, but I find this boss pretty hard to survive on as a Ra. Dive Roll doesn't really cut it against a lot of these attacks unless I dodge it with like... pinpoint accuracy, and even then, there's usually a followup that I can't dodge.
    FiliaMortis * SARA-013 * Kiyoko * Akane * Vikky * Mei * Alicia * Ophelia

Mattykins - Ship 02

Quote Originally Posted by Mattykins View Post
    Maybe I'm just rusty from not playing in a while, but I find this boss pretty hard to survive on as a Ra. Dive Roll doesn't really cut it against a lot of these attacks unless I dodge it with like... pinpoint accuracy, and even then, there's usually a followup that I can't dodge.
    Well yeah dive roll kinda sucked for years.

I just had the best mostly pug group ever. Placed 12th with 8 randoms. Not like my party had to hardcore carry either. I saw a braver actually keep up with my damage unlike the last bunch who'd get beat by Te/Bos or something.

Quote Originally Posted by SteveCZ View Post
    Dodging Double's cars is almost the same as dodging DF Loser's red balls.
    The thing is that loser is almost always in front of you and the balls do not make an effort to circle around you unless your hugging the clock way too hard and way too long. The cars will get behind players easily.

Also, double is busy attacking you with whatever else (like the damn ram spam) when the cars do decide to move in after circling you to hitstun/panic players. Loser does nothing during the balls.
    Last edited by Maninbluejumpsuit; Jun 25, 2016 at 09:51 PM.

Yeah, my mpa was alright. I don't mind dying so much as long as the WB's up, I guess? I think I was the only Ra in that group so it was kinda frustrating when Double jerked around and my WBs went wide >:T
    FiliaMortis * SARA-013 * Kiyoko * Akane * Vikky * Mei * Alicia * Ophelia

Mattykins - Ship 02

Just tried yesterday, PD are cool now.
    Got my shit handed on me once when PD does it's triple laser, i don't expect that s/he'll use it three times.

36.19 on the last run

250 rdr
    100 tri
    50 donut
    30 daily
    LR3/temptation umbla stick
    arks fleet rdr timed x3
    LR unit x3
    random drink rdr

Team tree happened to not have rdr on it.

You don't have the right to complain about this game being too easy if you're having trouble with double swoops.

Well, exactly what I worried about happened now. Had to abandon. Was more or less like soloing it, everyone died every few seconds and double took 13 minutes.
    After another 12 or so we finally managed to get pd to show his face. A few had left earlier so it was 9/12, still quite reasonable with decent players but with these pugs I didn't expect to finish.
    Not to mention it was about as much fun as getting root canal procedure.