Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456

Quote Originally Posted by Zephyrion View Post
    I'm going back to the zanverse thing, but...

Funnily enough,setting Zanverse from Moment gale actually IS a decent way of doing it, but people don't know how to do it properly (neither did I until I saw this) RIP Loser at the 0:52 mark or so

How you do this is Moment gale, follow-up a.s.a.p, switch weapons,again a.s.a.p and jump. The jump will make you fast-fall (probably because other weapons aren't allowed to double jump out of Moment gale)
    BO can't do this by switching a pair of boots for another, so they either have to switch to DB, or jut dash cancel out of it. It still makes for a fast way of casting zanverse without changing element.
    That would be only relevant for classes unable to use zanverse, BUT the remaining Zanverse's damage value are calculated with the pair of boots with which you did the cast. So if as a TE/HU, you do this with Hyper sunlight and immediately switch to a wand that doesn't boost Zanverse, The Zanverse will still benefit from those 20% wind damage potential. If you have the dexterity to pull this off fast and consistently, those little % and faster cast on zanverse could definitely help.

EDIT : The zanverse values are actually calculated with your new weapon, not the boots themselves !
    Is it because it's Bouncer that zanverse from moment gale stay up even when weapon switching, or is it a bug that only occur with moment gale when quickly weapon switching like you're mentionning? Because otherwise, weapon switching cancel any active PA buff (see sword and Banish/vol raptor for example) and any offensive/support tech currently active on the field.
    Ship 2
    ID: Mentalist
    Chareen, FOTE
    Tasia, GUHU/RA, RAHU or SUGU.

Quote Originally Posted by Sandmind View Post
    Is it because it's Bouncer that zanverse from moment gale stay up even when weapon switching, or is it a bug that only occur with moment gale when quickly weapon switching like you're mentionning? Because otherwise, weapon switching cancel any active PA buff (see sword and Banish/vol raptor for example) and any offensive/support tech currently active on the field.
    it has something to do with JB shift specifically and i'm not sure why. it's the same reason you can buy the JB with strike gust for fihu and weapon swap jump cancel after the shift action and still have shifta going with your new weapon out.

That sounds really bizarre, and obviously not intended by SEGA.
    If they don't want people taking advantage of stuff like that, they should either fix it or make it pointless by balancing the intended version better.

Kinda like how step dashing made movement way faster, and they "fixed" it by improving regular movement speed.
    I remember people kept complaining about how they couldn't keep up with step dashing and didn't want to learn it.
    I doubt SEGA originally designed the game with step dashing in mind as an actual mechanic.
    Then again, I recall that comboing in Street Fighter 2 was also an accident that became an actual mechanic.

Comboing in Street Fighter is actually related to fighting, it heavily increases skill cap, it doesn't look weird and it doesn't cause frame drops.

Yes. But I recall hearing that Capcom originally did not intend for combos to be a game mechanic.

Quote Originally Posted by TaigaUC View Post
    Yes. But I recall hearing that Capcom originally did not intend for combos to be a game mechanic.
    It actually makes sense to me, since PAs with after-effects (cluster bullet, torrential arrow and others) stay out upon switching. Only casts specifically disappear upon switching. Sega probably just forgot to make JB PAs an exception to this rule, because of their nature. Oh well, time will tell if this stays or not !

Late to the party, but you missed the point of this image. It lists various separate conflicting views on topics. For example, on the subject of gear it starts at the extreme that the only acceptable gear is fully upgraded Austere, then the next one is that anything Ares or stronger is okay, and so on.

Ungrinded weapon or inappropriate PA users usually have shitty play skill. You just can't expect much from people who refuse to learn game mechanics.

Yeah, I was wondering if that was the point of it. Thanks for the correction.
    I thought it looked like "full Austere is required" but depending on the purpose of the image, I thought maybe I misunderstood.

It also sounds pretty damn ridiculous to insist full Austere is required.
    Especially because you can't even earn Austere required mats until you play XH.
    Last edited by TaigaUC; Jul 3, 2016 at 05:55 PM.