Page 1 of 38 123411 ... LastLast

Default Official statement from SEGA on parsing tools

http://pso2.jp/players/news/?id=9224

SEGA has finally acknowledged the existence of damage parsing tools. They are implementing countermeasures against these tools, but they warn that if they find people using them in the future they may ban accounts without warning for cheating.

Fair warning is fair, but it's a silly policy to begin with. If they're concerned about toxicity arising from the use of parsers (a fair concern), then punish that behavior, not the tool.

Oh well, no more beating it to Zanverse deeps I guess. It's interesting that this comes shortly after revamped PD though. I guess 2ch has been a salt mine the past week?
    Last edited by Xaeris; Jul 1, 2016 at 04:28 AM.

Because it will definitely come up, the fact that things are client-sided is not a proper defense that "everything will be okay". GameGuard is a rootkit that can very well scan for certain strings and processes if it so wishes to, and send information to SEGA for them to possibly take action.

Since SEGA seemingly cares about this one, I would not take the risk, unlike the English Patch, for example.

Go fuck yourself sega.

You're fucking garbage.

You should want your damn player base to improve and try to strive to be better, so that you can create more difficult content. Instead, you let them fester as blundering idiots and don't give a fuck.

Gotta cater to the idiot casuals!!!

Ugh, how am I supposed to know if I'm suck or check on mechanics from now on?

Why does SEGA want people to be suck forever?
    >Heavy Hammer
    >get blow off by an Oodan

Hahahaha

/vo12 SEGA~!
    (Kazuki, RA or BR/HU, Human♂) (Yusei, FO/TE or FI, Newman♂)(Zane, TE or BR/HU, Deuman♂)
    Ship: 2-Ur

Quote Originally Posted by nguuuquaaa View Post
    Ugh, how am I supposed to know if I'm suck or check on mechanics from now on?

Why does SEGA want people to be suck forever?
    Exactly. Now I can't use a tool to HELP MYSELF IMPROVE(and guess what, give me more reasons to log on and play) because it might hurt some casuals feelings who is playing a HU/FO and using a all class talis.

Fucking disgusting.

It was pretty obvious that they didn't tolerate it, although seeing as they made this statement I wonder how often the main player base (JPs) were using it

Quote Originally Posted by Xaelouse View Post
    It was pretty obvious that they didn't tolerate it, although seeing as they made this statement I wonder how often the main player base (JPs) were using it
    Well, there were Japanese branches from OverParse specifically and numerous threads on 2ch about how to use the Tweaker and OverParse for their modifications, so I'd garner a sizable amount of people were using it.

I saw quite a lot of parses on Twitter as well, OverParse was definitely a popular program.

Also you guys are strange, they're not blocking these sorts of tools because they want everyone to stay casual, but because its against policy and the last thing they want are people tinkering and changing the game.

Obviously, I can't read their minds as to their ultimate purpose here, but if their only motivating concern is the integrity of their code, it's odd that they'd ignore the likes of the nude mod, various skin swaps, and of course, the English patch for this long, but jump on this with considerably more aplomb.