Page 12 of 38 FirstFirst ... 2910111213141522 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Varuden View Post
    • Support players are given no justice. Damage parser doesn't parse buff uptime, heals distributed, weak bullet, etc.
    Actually, the parser does detect heals, if you use ACT, it shows you clearly, and it can actually detect weak bullet on hit, due to the way it works, say I could change it so that it shows all the Ra shot skills and what not.

Quote Originally Posted by Sora3100 View Post
    Actually, the parser does detect heals, if you use ACT, it shows you clearly, and it can actually detect weak bullet on hit, due to the way it works, say I could change it so that it shows all the Ra shot skills and what not.
    Ah, didn't know that. Nice to know that ACT does have that information down.

It's probably been said, but I wonder if thier notice to get people to stop using the parser is because Odin's bossfight is about to be released. His dps race gimmick could lead to people using the parser to find whom to blame if they fail.

Quote Originally Posted by Tenlade View Post
    It's probably been said, but I wonder if thier notice to get people to stop using the parser is because Odin's bossfight is about to be released. His dps race gimmick could lead to people using the parser to find whom to blame if they fail.
    If that was the case, the the same could have been done with Persona segment of Profound since that phase is also a DPS check.

Regardless, if they were using parser to see who wasn't dealing enough damage and blame them, they would do so even without a phase.
    Last edited by Varuden; Jul 2, 2016 at 11:56 AM.

SEGA honestly should just add a ingame parser that works like TD rankings (lists only Top 3 publicly; privately lists yours) for boss quests. Perhaps apply it to TDs as well instead of listing who got the most killing blows.

Quote Originally Posted by Tenlade View Post
    all the horribly toxic people are ones ive seen on this forum. the worst I saw was one guy complaining i picked up enough crystals to use the photon turret in td2.
    well did you pick up enough crystals? once you reach a certain number of points in td, picking up more is useless, and by continuing to pick them up you are contributing as much as if you just afk'ed and went to get a drink (for example in td4 this number would be 6k, i can't remember the "stop collecting" number for td2 off the top of my head).

it's possible that the "horribly toxic" person was right and you were wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by reaper527 View Post
    well did you pick up enough crystals? once you reach a certain number of points in td, picking up more is useless, and by continuing to pick them up you are contributing as much as if you just afk'ed and went to get a drink (for example in td4 this number would be 6k, i can't remember the "stop collecting" number for td2 off the top of my head).

it's possible that the "horribly toxic" person was right and you were wrong.
    Case in point.

First barrier wasnt even broken until the final wave and they called the whole mpa noobs for getting enough for photon cannons. (we still won with all towers just fine, especially with photon turrets clearing the last wave really easily)

tbh its highly unneeded to get crystals in td2 beyond the 1st barrier.. its much better to camp spawns and kill everything quickly.. by spending time in the back collecting crystals you are not helping killing the enemies instead making the runs longer by not offering your own dps to kill the mobs and bosses. crystals also not needed in td1 beyond once again the 1st barrier. td3 only needs the 2nd ais not the 3rd at 10k and td4 can be done quite effectively with just the 1 ais

Boy sure are a lot of people who rushed in telling me I did a quest wrong in a thread about the parser.

To specify: it was a thing i did on my alt once in TD2 over a year ago on an alt. and this was the "worst" example in the sense that ive had the fotrune to not really have people openly complain to me about git-gud or anything.
    Last edited by Tenlade; Jul 2, 2016 at 04:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Xaeris View Post
    Fair warning is fair, but it's a silly policy to begin with. If they're concerned about toxicity arising from the use of parsers (a fair concern), then punish that behavior, not the tool.

Oh well, no more beating it to Zanverse deeps I guess. It's interesting that this comes shortly after revamped PD though. I guess 2ch has been a salt mine the past week?
    They can't actually punish offsite shit though (unless it's like, a video with proof of cheating or whatever, but that's a bit different than shame threads), and it'd be too easy for a shamer to crop everything out except the MPA damage data and then go post anonymously on 2ch, 4chan, etc.

What I don't like about this is, it shouldn't be a permaban or an 816 ban. It should be a timed, 7 day to 1 month suspension that automatically goes away. But this is SEGA we're talking about and the only company that shits the bed harder is PGI.

E: Womp womp, I derped hard on remembering I was on the first page. Point still stands I guess, especially SEGA being a bedshitter. :v