Page 37 of 38 FirstFirst ... 273435363738 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Cyber Meteor View Post
    That's not really 40% more dmg, it's 40% more atk of the weapon added to the base ATK of that weapon compared to a 20 elem weapon. Like if a weapon has a 1000 base ATK, the 20 elem version will have 1200, and a 60 elem version will have 1600 ATK, without counting elemental weakness. Then if you match elemental weakness, and that element makes dmg dealt +20% (it's just an example bonus, idk the actual dmg bonus of elemental weakness and it seemed to not be the same on every ennemy), the ATK bonus given by elem value will be increased by 20% more than not matching weakness, which mean the 20 elem weapon will have 1240 ATK instead, and the 60 elem version will have 1720 ATK. NOTE : this doesn't apply for techniques, you'll need element conversion for the elem value to increase techniques dmg.
    oops... I was typing too fast, bad choice of wording became different meaning

the actual amount of elemental weakness bonus is like a myth, but it could make a huge difference

for example: when I was collecting Tokyo stones to exchange HFB, when I exchanged the 3rd one, I affix them up thus made it into 45 wind elemental, and grind it +10 with lv3 potential, and brought it for some testing on the Tokyo train boss (which was weak to wind).

later on I exchanged my 4th and change it into 60 light, the critical damage dealing on the weak point on its tail were slightly less than it was with 45 wind.

that was a bit shocking to me, because I did not expect elemental weakness bonus could take such a huge advantage
    NOTE: I was using BR/HU, so there wasn't any additional elemental bonus took into account from the skill tree

Quote Originally Posted by Madevil View Post
    oops... I was typing too fast, bad choice of wording became different meaning

the actual amount of elemental weakness bonus is like a myth, but it could make a huge difference

for example: when I was collecting Tokyo stones to exchange HFB, when I exchanged the 3rd one, I affix them up thus made it into 45 wind elemental, and grind it +10 with lv3 potential, and brought it for some testing on the Tokyo train boss (which was weak to wind).

later on I exchanged my 4th and change it into 60 light, the critical damage dealing on the weak point on its tail were slightly less than it was with 45 wind.

that was a bit shocking to me, because I did not expect elemental weakness bonus could take such a huge advantage
    NOTE: I was using BR/HU, so there wasn't any additional elemental bonus took into account from the skill tree
    you wasted a light changer on an HFB? holy moly...

based on damage calc, the 60 light still does a little more than 45 wind on train more so you probably didn't crit on both tests or something.

Quote Originally Posted by milranduil View Post
    you wasted a light changer on an HFB? holy moly...
    based on damage calc, the 60 light still does a little more than 45 wind on train more so you probably didn't crit on both tests or something.
    please keep in mid the damage calc is non-official and only taken as reference

in both tests crits, the blue-ish damage bold number it's pretty noticeable,
    the light changer wasn't a waste, at least the top 5 (or maybe 10) on the ranking with most hit points are still in light weakness darkers (oh... maybe exclude Odin, anyway, not sure if he made into top 10)

Quote Originally Posted by Madevil View Post
    please keep in mid the damage calc is non-official and only taken as reference

in both tests crits, the blue-ish damage bold number it's pretty noticeable,
    the light changer wasn't a waste, at least the top 5 (or maybe 10) on the ranking with most hit points are still in light weakness darkers (oh... maybe exclude Odin, anyway, not sure if he made into top 10)
    it's still accurate enough to the point that comparisons like this can be made with confidence.

did you have shifta in both tests? same drink? team buff? same units? same affix?

light change is fine. i just don't think it's a good idea to use it on a katana such as HFB when you have multiple better choices... HFB is sooooo so bad.

Any word if SEGA has acted against Parsing Tool users?
    Declarations are nice to scare people but I would like to see what kind of enforcement is actually done.
    The only games I play where developers complain and make threats to its playerbase about parsing tools that I play are only the Japanese games that I play.
    PSO-2 Info: Ship: 2; ID: セツナヤキ; MCN: ケイリン
    "If you want a bridge between past, present, and future, search for the void and awaken it!"

Quote Originally Posted by milranduil View Post
    light change is fine. i just don't think it's a good idea to use it on a katana such as HFB when you have multiple better choices... HFB is sooooo so bad.
    Sad part is the pot it's self is strong, it's really just... only good on Fighter and Gunner, and even then, I would only use it for magatsu... Having consistent damage is pretty darn important, which is the pots whole issue .w.;

HFB really needs a second pot... It's Raiden's katana for lord's sake. He uses it to cut through insanely tough material, not strike at squishy weak points.

Quote Originally Posted by Saffran View Post
    Sakarisei > you're out of your mind.
    Element is important for every class combination, though indeed more so for classes with element related skills
    As for gathering, I'm pretty sure most casuals are maxed out on gathering skills. The system was introduced to cater to them and get them away from their smartphones...

PSO2 is still the only decent online game in that genre, as far as my tastes are concerned.
    If that thing were true, explain me why non-caster users are using purely light weapons and not using another elements for that help. Maybe, and since I don't play much PSO2, I'm wrong, and I'm seeing people with a good variety of elements instead using just light element. However, and unless you're talking about PS Nova, although I know that element can help, that help is small in comparison with FO, TE and BO classes. I've got a HU/FI friend who have tested the difference of matching element with a non-caster class, even with good 13*, and then that difference is too slow to be appreciated, although ofc, we'll see elitists with purely light because that element is the most common ingame.

Quote Originally Posted by Starryeyedbunny View Post
    IDK... I don't see people being that demanding of 4 affixes or more. I feel like you generally have it fine with 3 still.

Though it REALLY needs to be toned down of how much you need things like Flict and Modulator. It really effs with how much you can do without spending 300 mil. The only reason these cost absurd amounts is due to how many you need to get it on equipment in the first place. Hell, it's probably the biggest reason Toh'Oh soul is so popular. It's easier to get a set up with Toh'oh soul on the base weapon and get a FF boss soul on something with Flict or Alter then it is to get some crazy set up with like, say, 3 guranz. I'm not even sure how much the PSO2es update will help with it's new receptor ability... especially with it gated behind EQs, which are more of a pain in the rear than the main game's...

But yeah, I feel like there needs to be more thought put into it... I can't say we should just make everything "too easy"(read as: not super grindy...), but there's a certain point where it's far too much.

And everyone here is only so verbal because this is the only MMO with action like this that's any good. And recently, things have not been too well... Just look at the general reaction to Beach Wars 2016
    Check the gear of the people in the MPAs. A plenty of users are using 4-5 affixes, and only a handful uses 2-3. That thing is important in the market of the game when you're trying to affix your gear. Nowadays affixing is very expensive for making your gear. And ofc, I won't count the case of 6-7 affixes because that thing is extreme... for a game when you can even deal with a small ammount of affixes.

Isnīt the only way for elements to be considered for Forces is to use Element Conversion...in which under a 60% weapon, it means +30% more damage against an enemy weak to the element, and +15% damage vs an enemy not weak to the element that is hitting it....?
    "If you want a bridge between past, present, and future, search for the void and awaken it!"

Quote Originally Posted by Sakarisei View Post
    If that thing were true, explain me why non-caster users are using purely light weapons and not using another elements for that help. Maybe, and since I don't play much PSO2, I'm wrong, and I'm seeing people with a good variety of elements instead using just light element. However, and unless you're talking about PS Nova, although I know that element can help, that help is small in comparison with FO, TE and BO classes. I've got a HU/FI friend who have tested the difference of matching element with a non-caster class, even with good 13*, and then that difference is too slow to be appreciated, although ofc, we'll see elitists with purely light because that element is the most common ingame.
    you are confusing element with %. The % dictates a bonus amount of attack added to the weapon regardless of the element. The actual element, when matched, grants a much smaller attack bonus before calculating damage.

Quote Originally Posted by Keilyn View Post
    Isnīt the only way for elements to be considered for Forces is to use Element Conversion...in which under a 60% weapon, it means +30% more damage against an enemy weak to the element, and +15% damage vs an enemy not weak to the element that is hitting it....?
    no. the enemy's elemental weakness is mutually exclusive from elemental conversion. elemental conversion boosts any matching element tech of the weapon itself by the 30%, and any non-matching by 15% (e.g. a fire rod boosts all fire techs by 30% and non-fire techs by 15%).

here is a graph for both of you
    Spoiler!

Thank you for the graph!

Every Phantasy Star game has always made tech-casting different from melee and ranged...

In PSO-1 it was all about being Pinkal and Tech Classes hoping for max level disks.
    In PSU it was all about getting masterforce and making all your techs reaching level 50 along with top weapons + being fully GASed.
    In PSO-2 its all about T-ATK + Weapon Potentials + Tech Customizations, and Combined Techs across your main class and subclass..

Deep down I've always liked either being a pure nuke class or pure healer class. Phantasy Star made me like hybrids and race-locked/gender-locked classes from the start. From HUnewearls and FOnewearls in PSO-1, to Wartechers, Guntechers and Masterforce (though not a hybrid).... to Fi/Te in PSO-2. The main reason I don't play PSO-2 as much as before is simply due to the content being too repetitious and my life becoming extremely busy as of late.