Page 32 of 38 FirstFirst ... 2229303132333435 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Shiyo View Post
    Also, I inspect some of them mid fighting and they still don't have weapons on.
    If you're busy inspecting gear while everyone else is fighting, what good are you to the MPA?

I've never understood the mindset of people who deliberately stress themselves out checking everyone else's gear and classes. Just show up, carry the MPA, and leave. The harder you can carry, the less significant other players become no matter what they're doing, especially if you're in a party of 'good' players.

Quote Originally Posted by Tunga View Post
    What are these games you keep talking about?
    A super long post through spoiler boxes ^_^

What I described was a typical, average MMORPG back in the day...
    Lets say that you are an Elite Player. You've got your gear. You've got your guild... and you've got your experience. There are three types of fights you are going to look for as a gamer in an MMORPG. The following are the list of typical fights. When I say "Typical" I mean what we encounter in roughly 75 - 90%+ of MMORPGs out there all the way from late 90s games to present day. Some elements still remain...

Here is the list not in any order

1) PvP as in GvG (Guild vs Guild) or Open World PvP Zones.....

Spoiler!

2) Raid Bosses
    Spoiler!

3) Endgame World Bosses
    Spoiler!

Then I should include the two general type of MMORPGs...

Theme-park
    Spoiler!

Sandbox
    Spoiler!

About experience
    Spoiler!

Phantasy Star Memories
    Spoiler!
    PSO-2 Info: Ship: 2; ID: セツナヤキ; MCN: ケイリン
    "If you want a bridge between past, present, and future, search for the void and awaken it!"

Huh. You know, I'm sure a Phantasy Star memories topic would prolly be a pretty cool idea. After reading those kinds of stories I'm always impressed at the many ways different people come together in games like this, forming friendships for better or worse, and just have fun. Which brings me to another point. At the end of the day, your experience in many online outings will be based on your overall outlook and more importantly: having fun. There are many different kinds of gamers out there. Casuals, elites, lore hounds, wanderers, fashion mongers. There can be some overlap, of course, but there are not many people that would fill all those categories.

Z-0 and milranduil both provide very good points. Based on all the complaining in this topic, if there is one good thing that does come out of this official statement against parsing, it's that it will finally give people enough encouragement to start their own community where they create the rules and do the runs they want to do with likeminded players. People that complain that others don't have specific affixes? Make a group so you can play with people that do have correct affixes/stats! Subpar palette? Make a group so that you don't play with undergeared players! Make a group with other likeminded people so you get the most enjoyment out of the game.

You don't know what the story is of the person at the other end of the computer. Games are monetary and free time-dependent forms of entertainment. How can you expect everyone to live up to your inhuman expectations for a pug? That's like the silly people in xiv that expect a farm group level of completion out of df. It's insane logic. I've even seen some people admit in this very topic that they don't affix because the system is way too convoluted to put any more effort into it. It's not that they're lazy. They've clearly put effort into trying to understand the system, but the reward is not worth the stress for some people when they could be using their time to do other things.

There are certainly enough people complaining in this thread to create a dedicated mpa/farm/eq/whatever group for whatever they want. Get 4 people together and have a blast!

The Phantasy Star wiki! Celebrating over 1000 pages of Phantasy Star goodness~

Quote Originally Posted by Aine View Post
    If you're busy inspecting gear while everyone else is fighting, what good are you to the MPA?

I've never understood the mindset of people who deliberately stress themselves out checking everyone else's gear and classes. Just show up, carry the MPA, and leave. The harder you can carry, the less significant other players become no matter what they're doing, especially if you're in a party of 'good' players.
    Takes 2 seconds to inspect someone while I'm waiting for PD to stop spinning around.

What is this damage bump plugin? please enlighten the ignorant
    Give me more blood!!

Quote Originally Posted by Senketsu7 View Post
    What is this damage bump plugin? please enlighten the ignorant
    read around some more

Quote Originally Posted by CocoCrispy View Post
    Huh. You know, I'm sure a Phantasy Star memories topic would prolly be a pretty cool idea. After reading those kinds of stories I'm always impressed at the many ways different people come together in games like this, forming friendships for better or worse, and just have fun. Which brings me to another point. At the end of the day, your experience in many online outings will be based on your overall outlook and more importantly: having fun. There are many different kinds of gamers out there. Casuals, elites, lore hounds, wanderers, fashion mongers. There can be some overlap, of course, but there are not many people that would fill all those categories.

Z-0 and milranduil both provide very good points. Based on all the complaining in this topic, if there is one good thing that does come out of this official statement against parsing, it's that it will finally give people enough encouragement to start their own community where they create the rules and do the runs they want to do with likeminded players. People that complain that others don't have specific affixes? Make a group so you can play with people that do have correct affixes/stats! Subpar palette? Make a group so that you don't play with undergeared players! Make a group with other likeminded people so you get the most enjoyment out of the game.

You don't know what the story is of the person at the other end of the computer. Games are monetary and free time-dependent forms of entertainment. How can you expect everyone to live up to your inhuman expectations for a pug? That's like the silly people in xiv that expect a farm group level of completion out of df. It's insane logic. I've even seen some people admit in this very topic that they don't affix because the system is way too convoluted to put any more effort into it. It's not that they're lazy. They've clearly put effort into trying to understand the system, but the reward is not worth the stress for some people when they could be using their time to do other things.

There are certainly enough people complaining in this thread to create a dedicated mpa/farm/eq/whatever group for whatever they want. Get 4 people together and have a blast!
    Lets look at why SEGA caters PSO-2 for casuals:

Though I know the answers, I will not make it easy for you... Google the following:

1. # of hours Japanese people spend in school in a given week
    2. # of hours Japanese people spend working in a given week
    3. Google the term hikikomori and learn how widespread that is in Japan

PSO-2 is the most time-inefficient and most time consuming game that I own.
    I took a break from the game because I realized all I was doing was playing a game where most of the EQs are about having Play-Dates with one of Falz's different forms. The guy seems so lonely, that every few hours it comes around and asks to be taken care by ARKS...
    Working in a game where the content is gated around EQs that come at the wee hours of the morning is not my idea of fun.

Lately I've been in BDO, which unlike PSO-2 has 5 - 6 full versions and over a million concurrent logins shared in what is the most demanding PC MMORPG right now; where a player can reach the endgame entry-level of 50 extremely fast (There are youtube videos of parties speedrunning level 1 - 50 in 5 hours), and I just need to remember two things for equipment checks on a player....(All Armor at +5, All Weapons at +7 minimum along with ALL slots filled on Armor and Weapons... )

Might as well show you how I feel as far as images goes instead of words...

Here is what you need to run PSO-2 as far as PC Specs go...
    Spoiler!

Here is what playing PSO-2 feels like to me compared to other games...
    Spoiler!

When people challenge me in PSO-2, this is what I feel I am being challenged to in order to prove my worth as a person...
    Spoiler!

Here are the specs you need to run BDO as far as PC Specs go...
    Spoiler!

Here is what playing a good designed MMORPG feels compared to PSO-2
    Spoiler!

When I am challenged in a proper MMORPG, especially in PvP Sieges... Here is how it feels like
    Spoiler!

When I deal with all the arguments in the forum related to PSO-2 compared to other games....here is what it feels like
    Spoiler!

Just to break the idea of being purely biased... Here is how I feel when dealing with sub-commanders (and their friends) who run my territory for me in several games while in my absence...
    Spoiler!

*sigh*... still remember logging in to find all my siege engines were pushed to the side, and the entire castle was redecorated red and pink... and all the soldiers were wearing pink-dyed armor with a touch of red...then being asked "What do you think?" as I was lead to a door and I said "What the **** is this!?" and I saw the greatest Pink Monstrosity ever and I Said "you know... **** this ****... We're marching with this after I am totally smashed!!!

....so it became "Legend of the Drunken Commander... as 50+ soldiers marched the field, all wearing pink and red and dining on the blood of our enemies, as we burned their bones as offering to our Gods, and sent their heads back home... :P ..while the rest of the playerbase were like "WHO THE **** are these idiots!!!" :P

...memories!!!
    PSO-2 Info: Ship: 2; ID: セツナヤキ; MCN: ケイリン
    "If you want a bridge between past, present, and future, search for the void and awaken it!"

wow Keilyn, this was the first post you made where I actually laughed and didnt have to stop 1/4 the way through. 10/10 on the pics, very accurate

Couldn't find an existing relevant thread and didn't want to start a new one on this subject.

So almost on cue, the lobby monitors are playing the 'grinding is so easy, even a rappy can do it' videos again.

SEGA is actually aware there's a big problem with players being shit.

Shigure ship 2. Credit to agarwood for the picture!

Hi, just wanted to know, if I choose to use the plugin now and don't say anything ingame about it whatsoever, can it still be detected? Sorry if this is a dumb question or in the wrong spot.