Page 3 of 38 FirstFirst 12345613 ... LastLast

Yeah, that falls under "shit like that".

Personally, i would consider standing around doing nothing and leeching to be "fraudulent cheating".
    Parsing damage to be more effective and root out leechers seems like the opposite, to me.
    But hey, whatever helps SEGA sleep better at night.

Yes, I know it's a third party tool and you're not supposed to be using those.
    But they look the other way for some tools and not others. They also don't ban non-JP players despite being against the TOS.
    In this case, they specifically targeted damage parsers, knowing exactly what they do. They know that it's not "fraudulent cheating".

It's all an excuse to cover up for their shitty failure at closing the gap between weak and strong players.
    Easier to prevent people from figuring out exactly who is leeching, than to streamline their 999 systems that all do the same thing.
    Last edited by TaigaUC; Jul 1, 2016 at 06:36 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Shiyo View Post
    Go fuck yourself sega.

You're fucking garbage.

You should want your damn player base to improve and try to strive to be better, so that you can create more difficult content. Instead, you let them fester as blundering idiots and don't give a fuck.

Gotta cater to the idiot casuals!!!
    Since I like you I will post...

One of the cute things about PSO-2 is that if I were to apply Void-Theory to it, then void-theory will prove that in PSO2 supporting casuals and elite players prevents the game design from normalizing because the demands of elites and the demands of casuals are polar. The only area to meet is a middle ground in which casuals will have to fight to maintain or even reach, while Elites will be disgusted that the middle ground exists and its holding back their gameplay from reaching bigger and better things. Elites will think "why must we be losers in order for casuals to be winners?" in terms of content-design. While the casuals would think "What are you even trying to prove? Just kill a map faster to show how great you are?..." a lot is lost in design itself...

Void-Theory also proves that although the community does not approve as much of poor Hybrid Types over the pure-damage types, that the community is willing to play a hybrid population-game, which by the same community-based logic.. "Playing a poor hybrid class combination makes both classes weaker than actually stronger" which actually means being in a hybrid population game makes the overall population weaker for the exact same reason. The community is willing to accept the need to run Fo/Te, Br/Hu, Fi/Hu, (as examples), but the community plays a game where the hybrid-population itself makes PSO-2 seems like it is internally its own super poor class/subclass combination.

One can't choose to cater to elites AND cater to casuals because they are both on the opposite end of the spectrum regardless the difficulty modes. Either make the difficulty modes truly worthy of the name SUPER HARD and EXTRA HARD or don't make them at all. its EXTRA HARD (for Casuals), but EXTRA HARD for elites has been the new Super Hard for that class of players.

Making the game stronger means Catering the game for one type and sticking with that one type.
    SEGA has made their choice long ago to cater their product to Casual Players.

This is devastating to Elite Players because it means one truth...
    Elite Players are NOT going to get the game that they actually deserve and want. A tougher and more direct game that has direct consequences for actions, greater accountability, class balance and better gear....

All Elite players ever get are new difficulty modes where all a casual has to do is not play for 6 months to a year and by then enough weapons have been released that have caught up to the new difficulty mode.
    The increase in power and equipment itself and all of the Systematic Handoffs has pretty much made XH much easier than it was a year ago...

...but it also means one important thing.
    At the end of the day even if the Elite is happy from posting a 1 minute screenshot on running a TA map
    ...this game is NOT for ELITES because one can't cater for the two at the same time...

...and we all know the story about the Elite who claimed to be Elite in a casual game and moved on to an Elite Game. The Elite found out that he was an outright casual himself because the casual game he was in had made him soft. It made the Elite Player believe he was great, that he was amazing... even though the Elite failed to realize that being on the top of a casual game dulled his blade and lowered his wit. It made his thoughts clumsy and his mind fat.....the elite player had continued to prove to the casual that he was an extremely big deal, while the true-elite player proved in an elite game that he was an elite among elites, while the elite among casuals proved that he was the greatest casual-elite of all time...

The reason I don't play to win in PSO-2 is because I know that its a game for casuals. If I become an elite in PSO-2 I will be a casual-elite at best, because it would be an environment from the ground up completely built for the casual gamer, and not the elite gamer. All I could do is simply enjoy the fashion, characters and the hacking and slashing. Not that the game isn't fun or isn't good, just that as long as the game is built to be for casuals, all an elite can be at best is a casual-elite since the environment does not support the growth of an elite, and few would ever understand what makes a player elite to begin with or even care to know...

I am sorry I had to write a post like this, but I feel it generally is true.....
    PSO-2 Info: Ship: 2; ID: セツナヤキ; MCN: ケイリン
    "If you want a bridge between past, present, and future, search for the void and awaken it!"

While I disagree on SEGA banning parsing tool, I think the people who are finger pointing / dick-waving using the parsing tools are kinda asking for it.

Good riddance?

Quote Originally Posted by Maenara View Post
    I am literally not dealing with this.

Well, I can only see bad things would come in future with this decision. And honestly, SEGA's excuse for this matter is reaching and borderline lame. Band-aid solutions.

Just like real-life weapons, damage parsers are not created to dick other people. It's people dicking other people.

Well, I'm afraid this would only serve to kill people's motivation of improving themselves. And making the game one-step closer toward casual MMO. Whether that's a good thing or not, only time would tell.
    Last edited by Zeroem; Jul 1, 2016 at 06:49 AM.
    *editing post intensifies. Please wait around 5 to 10 minutes before quot-actually, just be wary that I edit my post often.
    .......Mostly because minor things like grammar and mis-spellings*

Quote Originally Posted by Kenichiro Takaki
    "Tits are life, ass is hometown"

Ex. Lv6 +5 Lambda Aristin

Quote Originally Posted by TaigaUC View Post
    Yeah, that falls under "shit like that".

Personally, i would consider standing around doing nothing and leeching to be "fraudulent cheating".
    Parsing damage to be more effective and root out leechers seems like the opposite, to me.
    But hey, whatever helps SEGA sleep better at night.

Yes, I know it's a third party tool and you're not supposed to be using those.
    But they look the other way for some tools and not others. They also don't ban non-JP players despite being against the TOS.
    In this case, they specifically targeted damage parsers, knowing exactly what they do. They know that it's not "fraudulent cheating".

It's all an excuse to cover up for their shitty failure at closing the gap between weak and strong players.
    Easier to prevent people from figuring out exactly who is leeching, than to streamline their 999 systems that all do the same thing.

Bad Player + Good Gear = Bad Player, no mechanic in a game can fix a player who does not know how to play the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Shiyo View Post
    Go fuck yourself sega.

You're fucking garbage.

You should want your damn player base to improve and try to strive to be better, so that you can create more difficult content. Instead, you let them fester as blundering idiots and don't give a fuck.

Gotta cater to the idiot casuals!!!
    Its like looking in a mirror..

Last edited by Voison; Jul 1, 2016 at 06:58 AM.

hooray, now i wont be able to see if im contributing well enough or how well my friend is doing so i can give them advice
    oh well gotta protect the people who cant breach 3k max hit in XH i guess

Quote Originally Posted by Caetho View Post
    Bad Player + Good Gear = Bad Player, no mechanic in a game can fix a player who does not know how to play the game.
    First time I see you post something else than Zanverse. I mean it.

Ex. Lv6 +5 Lambda Aristin

Quote Originally Posted by SteveCZ View Post
    First time I see you post something else than Zanverse. I mean it.
    You have though, so my work here is done

Even without damage parser, the dick wavers will still be waving anyway.