Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345

What I'd rather ask is why baka gaijin developers haven't bothered to make a science fantasy action MMO where you get to run through instances, fight cool bosses at the end, get rare items and have tons of customization.

I mean it's Amalur's action gameplay + Destiny's visual feel + Dungeons & Dragons Online's instancing and itemization + Saint's Row's customization + get Andrew Sega or Frank Klepacki to do the music. Not like it's not done before, just not in that specific combination :O

Quote Originally Posted by Selphea View Post
    What I'd rather ask is why baka gaijin developers haven't bothered to make a science fantasy action MMO where you get to run through instances, fight cool bosses at the end, get rare items and have tons of customization.
    Warframe?

Warframe is so faceless though

Western MMOs seem to either be realistic shooter/military themed games, or have unappealing, ugly visuals/characters.
    I can't think of many, though. WoW (which killed itself), Destiny?, that Nexon game I forget the name of, and... Tom Clancy's THE DIVISION. APB went splat pretty quickly.
    I know there's Star Trek, Star Wars, Elder Scrolls Online, too, right? Haven't heard much about any of those.
    I think there was that popular online game about economics. Not sure if that was Eve Online or something else.
    Personally not interested in any of those.

Action-based games like PSO2 and Vindictus are a rarity in general. Most games that claim to be "true action" are just classic MMO without a crosshair.
    The problem with action-based is it relies heavily on clientside (for less lag issues), which opens it up to lots of cheating issues.

I think most people like to play as beautiful females with attractive outfits, in some kind of medieval or future fantasy setting. Not too realistic.
    Can't think of any Western games that fit that description, for whatever reason. Can't recall any Western games with good character customization (not counting mods, of course).
    Koreans pump out a lot of pretty MMOs, but many of them just copy each other, have similar issues, lack soul, etc.
    A lot of the games with nice-looking characters also have really nasty pay systems tied to the customization.

Games in general have been suffering from lack of innovation. Most people just do the same things over and over.
    But the fact that people like me cannot find a single game that suits their interests suggests there are a lot of possibilities that nobody bothers trying anymore.

When will this thread die.
    Quote Originally Posted by FireswordRus View Post
    But if u take mpa with a lot boses in 1 time, and if FI have war cry lv10 ,FI win
    -----------------------Flashing-----------------------------------------------Tagami--------------------------
    Spoiler!

Quote Originally Posted by Tunga View Post
    When will this thread die.
    Once Americans reach level 40 on their servers.
    PLACEHOLDER SIGNATURE - music included ♪

Quote Originally Posted by Maenara View Post
    I am literally not dealing with this.

I find the thread title ironically amusing, considering SEGA is putting USA into the game.

Uh no. The game has been out for 4 years.

Flyin' Freedom Fighter illegaleagle90's Avatar

If you want you someone to be angry at in SEGA specifically, go.... make a thread on the JP forumms... or someplace where SEGA of Japan is likely to see it.

They're the ones in control here, and since they don't communicate that much with their American division and they're ultimately the ones who manage PSO2 to its entirety....

They're the reason why you not only won't see an official English release, but also botched English releases of "lesser known" IPs they dont have any faith in outside of their home market.

Seriously... the executives there run the company like they're friggin Tokugawa Ieyasu and they don't want ANYTHING leaving Japan save for Sonic.

They probably have more reasons against port to the West than for.

And it doesn't really seem like SEGA listens much to their Japanese customers either.