Page 1 of 29 123411 ... LastLast

Default Healing Nerf: Yay or Nay?

I like hearing other peoples opinions, so here's a good one.

So, with the arrival of the Odin Limited Quest, we have seen a new difficulty gimmick that reduces the amount healed by any and all sources of healing by approximately 80%. While the Limited Quest is still easy (like most content not named "Traces of Darkness" or "Solo XQ"), the heal nerf does make players slightly more conscious about receiving hits and adds slightly more of a need for a dedicated healer so your MPA doesn't need to keep begging for Moons every twenty seconds. With this in mind,

Would you like to see the healing nerf in other content?
    Last edited by Altiea; Jul 9, 2016 at 11:00 PM.
    ID: MPBLPure (Ship 2er)
    Akane Tekuro -- Proud Boots main; above average main character. Exploring Omega. Lead Chip: Matoi [S Halloween]
    Rei Sawatori - Hero. Taking a breather. Lead Chip: Darker Busters [Anniversary]
    クロナアルティア (Altiea) -- A Fighter jaded by trauma. Hanging out with the Darker Busters. Lead Chip: Celebrate Heroines [Anniversary]

Tough call, because I feel like it hurts melee classes a bit to Automate not working properly anymore, while Fo isn't really bothered too much since they have a smaller HP bank to fully heal, and can even self Resta to start up a JA. And we all know Fo is pretty much the best, so I feel like it'd just create even more favoritism towards it.

It's not a terrible idea per see, but I think bulker targets (that actually pose a threat instead of being a HP sponge) and nerfs to the usual broken stuff would be better imo.

Resta nerf is acceptable, but mates are almost useless this way.

If techs weren't limited to 4 specific classes/if the damage enemies dealt was reduced, I wouldn't mind.

Right now, It's more annoying than difficult carrying around xie's 13* wand, getting hit once, and having to back off, and burn 64ppp, and extra time to heal fully as a Br.

It's not difficult. It's annoying.

Shigure ship 2. Credit to agarwood for the picture!

While I'm fine with it validating TE's support much more, it also validates the use of FO like the rest of the content. Also FOs are much less willing to use Resta on other people unless they themselves need healing and other people just happens to be nearby. FOs also do similar to more damage than melee anyway while being at a safe distance.
    Not the most terrible of ideas, but it just highlights the game's issues even further to the point where it isn't fun.

if they nerfed resta but didnt hurt mates so much it might not be TOO bad but right now mates are almost useless

I like the idea of weaker heals, but the flat 80% to every source of healing just feels ham handed because now anyone who doesn't main or sub a technique usable class is effectively shit out of luck when it comes to healing because mates don't heal enough for the time you spend chugging them.

This pseudo-trinity doesn't transition well to PSO2 with Fo not only getting the best healing, are capable of high infinite DPS from PP sustaining skills and weapons, have Ultimate techniques, the best evasive skill, and the safety of long range.

I was fighting Odin with Bo/Hu for a while, but realized, why bother playing melee getting knocked around from launch AoEs, being insta-killed from lightning strikes, and forced to stop attacking to dodge, all while having a sub-par Resta when I can just switch to Fo/Te and DPS with a quarter of the effort? This LQ just makes the disparity of strength between classes all that more noticeable.
    Last edited by Shadowstarkirby; Jul 10, 2016 at 12:01 AM.
    Spoiler!

[Ship 02]
    ID: Shadowstarkirby
    Character: Dial
    Classes: Hr, Fi/Hu, Hu/Fi, Br/Hu, Bo/Hu, Ra/Hu, Gu/Hu, Te/Fi, Su/Fi, Fo/Te

It's an entertaining gimmick for this one LQ since it's pretty easy, but if it were to return for more consequential content, I'd want to see it adjusted. The healing nerf should have a greater impact on passive healing than on active healing. I'm perfectly fine with mates used via Automate being nerfed to hell as they are in this quest. Stopping to drink a mate off your palette, on the other hand, is basically worthless in this quest; if you're really in dire straits, you're better off just Leeroying it and hoping for a Moon if you die since that's a more effective heal. Automate is completely idiotproof and requires zero action on the part of the user. Manually using a mate requires the user to secure a few seconds of safety to drink the mate. They shouldn't be subject to the same penalty. If it were up to me, manual mate use would be left alone and it'd be everything else that would get smacked over the head with the nerf bat while the nerf is in effect.

Same logic applied to other methods of healing. Megiverse? Should be nerfed, but not to the point where it's not worth the cast like it is here. Resta? Fine as it is here. Vampiric Blade? Neeeerf. Though a Chainsawd actually works pretty well in this LQ regardless of the nerf if you're not terrible with swords.

Quote Originally Posted by Xaelouse View Post
    While I'm fine with it validating TE's support much more, it also validates the use of FO like the rest of the content. Also FOs are much less willing to use Resta on other people unless they themselves need healing and other people just happens to be nearby. FOs also do similar to more damage than melee anyway while being at a safe distance.
    Not the most terrible of ideas, but it just highlights the game's issues even further to the point where it isn't fun.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowstarkirby View Post
    I like the idea of weaker heals, but the flat 80% to every source of healing just feels ham handed because now anyone who doesn't main or sub a technique usable class is effectively shit out of luck when it comes to healing because mates don't heal enough for the time you spend chugging them.

This pseudo-trinity doesn't transition well to PSO2 with Fo not only getting the best healing, are capable of high infinite DPS from PP sustaining skills and weapons, have Ultimate techniques, have the best evasive skill, and get the safety of long range.

I was fighting Odin with Bo/Hu for a while, but realized, why bother playing melee getting knocked around from launch AoEs, being insta-killed from lightning strikes, being forced dodge and stop attacking all the time, and having a sub-par Resta when I can just switch to Fo/Te and DPS with a quarter of the effort? This LQ just makes the disparity of strength between classes all that much more noticeable.
    Thread makes me realize I haven't said nerf Fos in a while soooo...

Nerf Fos.

Quota met.

Shigure ship 2. Credit to agarwood for the picture!

I'd like to see a Fo nerf in other content before a healing nerf