Page 27 of 29 FirstFirst ... 17242526272829 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Maninbluejumpsuit View Post
    -It requires no input from the player
    -It's always active
    -It makes the player just about invincible unless the player takes a beating while lagging/gets one-shot from <50% HP

It's objectively silly design-wise as is, but the game is full of shit like this, such as Ras' lack of defenses, and needing to stand still to do damage in an action rpg.
    Standing snipe and sharpshooter makes ranger unenjoyable for me.

Also I feel like I said those things, but thanks for the support!

Quote Originally Posted by Z-0 View Post
    IMO we should nerf Shiyo's tendency to complain about everything and anything.
    Blogposters have to do something with their time, since they rarely play the game.

Any more and i'll start feeling like i'm in a zoo; watching a bunch of chimps get excited over low hanging fruit.

See I wouldn't mind Resta being nerfed, it'd annoy the hell of me if they did though, but the rate it's at during the LQ is just ridiculously annoying. A slight nerf would be better than being stuck healing only 100 a tick (and megiverse is nerfed worse which makes it almost pointless to even use in that LQ)

The supposive Gaijin Hero EvilMag's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Z-0 View Post
    IMO we should nerf Shiyo's tendency to complain about everything and anything.
    UNPLUG UR CONTROLLER. UNPLUG UR CONTROLLER DAWG
    Quote Originally Posted by CelestialBlade View Post
    Bit off-topic, but I'm just sick and tired of "difficulty" meaning "stat boosts". It's lazy and boring.

Quote Originally Posted by millefeuille View Post
    Does U.D. use automate?

If he does, why is this still an issue?
    If he doesn't, why is this still an issue?
    but most people who play HU aren't on his level of both skill AND muscle

Quote Originally Posted by millefeuille View Post
    Does U.D. use automate?

If he does, why is this still an issue?
    If he doesn't, why is this still an issue?

He does. Hunter attacks way too slowly, it gets little benefit from interrupting its slow ass attacks by guarding, and there is not really a reason not to use it.

A post from several pages before.

Quote Originally Posted by Droid803 View Post
    It's not. It's "bad" in the same way throws that go through blocks are "cheap" in fighting games (because it goes against some set self-imposed rules or conception about how the game ought to be, but is not). It's part of the game and it can't possibly be "bad play" to take full advantage of it to become more efficient. It doesn't make anyone using it to become "bad", nor does it encourage "bad playing habits", because it works.

You can say it's poor game design because it is non-interactive (which it is, and I agree with that! totally!), but that is on Sega, not on anyone using it. (in fact, i'd posit it'd be bad play not to take full advantage of it when possible)

Honestly in the case of that Ranger example, the situation fed into by the way the whole class is designed. Ranger skill tree requires one to stand completely still for maximum multiplier. Their strongest PAs have long charge-up times on top of that which also hold the player completely still. Many attacks target the entire arena and no amount of positioning will give sufficient safe window to get these multipliers and PAs off. Thus, maximizing damage contribution to be on par with other classes requires bypassing some of these attacks.

It's poor game design design, but that's because sega messed up and built ranger as a class assuming it could hang back and out of trouble when many boss EQs shove you onto an arena where you cannot effectively do that.

There's no point trying to avoid it or pretend it doesn't exist. Use it and abuse it while it exists - make it more obvious how it is broken so sega sees it and makes appropriate changes.
    Also someone did post this recently somewhere in this forum.

The game is not balanced in any way possible in the first place (there exists a game with true balance?) so just use anything that is offered.
    >Heavy Hammer
    >get blow off by an Oodan

most likely it would be nay. the mates are almost useless, even after using skill mate lover and quick mate for mates, as for resta, since resta healing power is T-atk, means Fo Te combination with resta advance, advance tech charge, photon flare will be the only healer that usefull, combine with ring like heal share for additional healing point

Holy shit, did you just necro a year old thread?