Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910

Doubt it was that.

{Theme: Infinite Legends}
    RadiantAim: When did you get here?
    LegendAim: Wow he actually leveled him
    LordAim: Hai gaiz

I don't necessarily dislike playing with randoms, to me, playing with randoms is essentially what joining MPA pugs are, rather than actually forming parties with people.

I've played this game alone like this for the past... god how long has it been? My ID card is something like 10800000- its been awhile, basically.

I find it to simply be a courtesy not to randomly join people's parties, even if they're open to drop ins- I prefer to converse with the person directly and get some understanding of their attitude before I join just to avoid any unwanted headache.

And most players are Japanese or act like me anyway, so in the end I just keep to myself, and my focus has always been to better myself so I can carry my weight and the weight of others if need be in MPA groups (which is funny, cause carrying people actually kind of aggrovates me).

Japanese people should be able to say hello and stuff like that in English. They can handle some degree of written conversation.
    Dunno if international people are afraid to greet in case it drives JP players away.
    If they greet in Japanese, JP players might think they are Japanese and that leads to conversation they can't handle.
    And then there are some people who just want to play in silence, or something.

Sometimes when I'm changing blocks for EQs, I don't have time to put friend only before someone joins.
    Usually it's an EN person, and sometimes they say hi, but that's about it.
    If they say something, I say something back. I also always say thanks for the party afterwards.
    But some people leave before I can say that.

I joined, I leeched, I fled. That's my motto.
    Name: シナンジュ
    Ship: 2
    Main Class: HERO
    "IT'S OVER, PSO2. I HAVE THE HIGH GROUND!" -MHW to PSO2

Quote Originally Posted by Great Pan View Post
    I joined, I leeched, I fled. That's my motto.
    My SOP in LQ and LQ alone, unfortunately I dun have zamba nor axeon nor +3 Imperial Axeon so still have to grab stuff and whack mobs. Others such as AQ.... solo kthx.

EQ like TD3 leaves so much nightmare for random that I decide to semi-organized myself, which is regular known person + random person who pass level and gear check (the basic 10503+2s). Do this some more, and you will get more regulars... and possibly need to open new organized dozens to cater more, gawddangit.

I feel like the problem is less "This person I do not know" and more of anyone that joins(from counter) is usually expecting a free ride...

:/

Keep in mind this is my stance on doing regular/extreme/time attack quests. I kind of enjoy the idea of randoms for something like EQ. Yes, we have very terrible players who still want to leech or just don't get that they can't handle XH... but generally you will still get people who try or understand things like that WBing magastu's shoulder on the left after it stands up is a bad idea and they should focus on the other side for the time being. For every bad MPA there, there's always a decent one and a very good one. It's just a matter of bad luck if you keep getting the bad ones in a row.

But with normal quests, it's awkward. They don't ask to join, they don't say hello, they have horrendous character designs, etc. I don't want to see certain types of characters always doing cutins where they have that awful awful blood splatter or the like. And the thing is, if the player is good enough, they'll probably be soloing. These people are looking for some one strong to take them along. If they need help, they should ask first, rather than make everyone feel uncomfortable. And when it comes to something like Extreme quests, it can really mess things up. Suddenly you could wind up with only 2 choices when you have your stones to get and you just so happen to get two pieces with Flict on them with decent amount of junk attached.

You usually want to party up with some one who won't potentially mess something like that up, that has the same desire to try as you, not just wants to get whatever or expects you to get it for them. I don't even know why those people play because they turn it into a chore for them... I enjoy farming Flicts and Modulators, they just kind of wait and hope for them to come, which means they're not enjoying themselves...

Free Field and the like... I wouldn't mind so much if they just said hi or asked for help etc. I've gotten random party and friend invites as well, not just people getting into the party I started because I forgot to check a box. It's usually those who say something first that honestly want to try but something in the game is too rough and they'll rarely get in your way as well as actually listen to you. I really have 0 issue with helping if asked and not busy with something else atm.

Then you have MetalDeathLord89 who spent all their money on LAs and can't even handle Rockbear on SH.

Also this:
    Quote Originally Posted by Xaeris
    When I play this game outside of an EQ, I'm rarely playing it intensively. I alt tab frequently to my browser, I watch videos, tinker with outfits and accessories and am basically not in any real hurry to get done what I want to get done. Playing at a languid pace like that, I prefer to be alone so I don't feel like I have to put my srsface on.
    I don't like the idea of keeping up with others or forcing them to wait because I want to load a video off to the side or chat a bit in discord lol.

That's a good point, that most people looking for parties are looking for strong people to assist them.

I alt tab a lot as well.

Quote Originally Posted by TaigaUC View Post
    That's a good point, that most people looking for parties are looking for strong people to assist them.

I alt tab a lot as well.
    I don't believe theres anything wrong with looking for help, me and starry just had our XQ parties among other moments random joined by some... questionable types who were either blatantly leeching or just counter productive even. But theres a clear difference between asking for help and walking into a house and sitting on a couch as a mute.

-A likely troll, attempting to outright fail the XQ trials. Only saving grace was his gear was so awful he couldn't even kill mobs remotely fast enough to fail ones such as kill from behind/front.
    -Bloody faced cut ins... twice, didn't say anything outside of their autos.
    -People stingy with moons and killing the bosses when somebody is dead during vital COs
    -Toxic dickweed who think PSO2 is nothing to them after they played PSO when the two games may as well be completely different things, bonus because this individual decided to lecture me rudely when I repeated three times I was playing a low level class I had no experience and even continued so when I stressed I had no long term plans to use it.(Was on said class to play with my friend before he was at cap)

There are other incidents but these are the ones on the top of my head...

Quote Originally Posted by Daku View Post
    -People stingy with moons and killing the bosses when somebody is dead during vital COs
    -Toxic dickweed who think PSO2 is nothing to them after they played PSO when the two games may as well be completely different things, bonus because this individual decided to lecture me rudely when I repeated three times I was playing a low level class I had no experience and even continued so when I stressed I had no long term plans to use it.(Was on said class to play with my friend before he was at cap)

There are other incidents but these are the ones on the top of my head...
    Ugh...I think I recessed those memories they were so awful... The Big Varda incident was just...my lord...that was awful. It's bad on Sega for not making it count when I'm down but it's still awful they just let me lay there when I was doing a lot more for them... :/

And then there's just egotistical people... The fact I was completely new to the game and they aimed all their "concerns" and war stories on you was just...stunningly awful ._.; I think I didn't want to play a bit after that.

Not to mention there's a big difference between hard and XH... .w.; at hard you kind of assume people are still getting used to things... XH you kind of need to reach out if some one is having a tough time...