Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 2345678 ... LastLast

Is there a need to further speculate he went insane inside double? Cuz he doesn't show it for me no matter how many times I see it.He was rational enough to talk to Matoi that there's no need for them to fight. Egoistical, prideful, obsessive and greedy? Yes. But a total cuckoo nutjob? I don't see it.

Quote Originally Posted by Meteor Weapon View Post
    Is there a need to further speculate he went insane inside double? Cuz he doesn't show it for me no matter how many times I see it.He was rational enough to talk to Matoi that there's no need for them to fight. Egoistical, prideful, obsessive and greedy? Yes. But a total cuckoo nutjob? I don't see it.
    The only time he went really really nuts is when PC rekted him when he become omniscience and Xion dies. He kinda reach the limit when he loses he precious thing while the whole Oracle didn't die with him because of Xiao's mothaship.

And no, I dun bother the spoilers cuz this is already out for like... 2 years and 3 months ago.

Quote Originally Posted by NoobSpectre View Post
    The only time he went really really nuts is when PC rekted him when he become omniscience and Xion dies. He kinda reach the limit when he loses he precious thing while the whole Oracle didn't die with him because of Xiao's mothaship.
    To be fair, I'd go insane if I had been planning something for so long only to be stopped by some random no life and his/her girlfriend.

and just to answer this from a few pages back
    Quote Originally Posted by Meteor Weapon View Post
    I wonder how many long time players really liked the anime, because the other side of the world obviously don't.
    I did, I liked the anime, and I've enjoyed the game's Episode 4. I've been playing since PSO v2 on DC, all through PSU, and now PSO2 since it released.
    I guess I'm the one who's a bit off if the general consensus is that the anime was really bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Altiea View Post
    And then it occurred to me that I skipped a page. *Not taken using Office Lens*

Page 2 (for real)
    Spoiler!
    At any rate, bumping the last image dump.
    ID: MPBLPure (Ship 2er)
    Akane Tekuro -- Proud Boots main; above average main character. Exploring Omega. Lead Chip: Matoi [S Halloween]
    Rei Sawatori - Hero. Taking a breather. Lead Chip: Darker Busters [Anniversary]
    クロナアルティア (Altiea) -- A Fighter jaded by trauma. Hanging out with the Darker Busters. Lead Chip: Celebrate Heroines [Anniversary]

Luther is a bad guy, and that's enough.
    Name: シナンジュ
    Ship: 2
    Main Class: HERO
    "IT'S OVER, PSO2. I HAVE THE HIGH GROUND!" -MHW to PSO2

I wonder at times if Episode IV itself is pretty much filler or the beginning of a stand-alone story in its roots. This happens a lot in anime with filler episodes that lead to filler movies (Naruto is filled with Filler Movies) and some anime series end each season with 12 episodes, but they add a 13th Episode to be a recap episode or a filler episode to show that they are out of ideas and the series will continue next season.

I don't particularly like the story to Episode IV, but I do like the graphics and animation that I do see in there.
    PSO-2 Info: Ship: 2; ID: セツナヤキ; MCN: ケイリン
    "If you want a bridge between past, present, and future, search for the void and awaken it!"

Japanese developers should play more western RPGs if they really think custom characters can't give a cinematic story experience... even if you have to sacrifice voice options to do so (but frankly, for the very few sentences we are supposed to say, it wouldn't hurt them to record like a dozen different voices for them).

Thanks for translating, kinda wish we had that expanded Episode 3 and PD being Episode 4, now I feel we will miss a lot of Gettemhart or Zeno background...

Quote Originally Posted by landman View Post
    Japanese developers should play more western RPGs if they really think custom characters can't give a cinematic story experience... even if you have to sacrifice voice options to do so (but frankly, for the very few sentences we are supposed to say, it wouldn't hurt them to record like a dozen different voices for them).
    While looking at other games for inspiration is a good kind of thinking, I wouldn't want PSO2 to start becoming too similar to the Mass Effect or Dragon Age series. I wouldn't want our only dialogue options to consist of mostly variations of "We'll bang ok?"... as tempting as that is.

I think having a voiceless playable protagonist is fine as long as there's plenty of dialogue choices that creates a decent sense of involvement. I think I would enjoy the PSO2 random side cutscenes more if almost every one of them gave our character a lot more interactive opportunities. The Quna cutscene back in EP1 where she asks us of our opinion of her stage performance is one of my favourite cutscenes because it gave us FOUR lines of dialogue to choose from and each one elicits different reactions from Quna.
    Last edited by loafhero; Jul 29, 2016 at 06:12 AM.

I wasn't talking about choice, I was talking about main custom characters behaving as a single player character, with their actions, their dialogues and their screaming, instead of mister or missus silent. They pointed out how PSU Episode 1 was so flashy and then the online portions were so bland, well, that was their choice, not a limitation of player characters as they believe.

Apparently you didn't put the photos in the right order, I had to do a bit of back and forth to find the text. (Plus I'm busy translating a show for TV.)

Spoiler!

I'm pretty sure there still is a part missing between this and part 3.
    Last edited by Saffran; Jul 29, 2016 at 12:34 PM.
    Oserez-vous percer le mystère de la malédiction ?
    www.hinamizawa.fr