Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

I mentioned before in another thread that my guess would be that humans on Earth are the Photoners. There's plenty of stable time loops in PSO2 so far, so I figured that the Earthlings discover their ability to naturally use Photon energy (or Ether for now), using that to create more advanced technologies and leaving Earth, and finally becoming the Photoners that created ARKS in the first place. They do say Earth is in another dimension or something of that sort, but it might just be that it's the past.

I'd still like to believe that it'll come full circle like that somehow.

Quote Originally Posted by Zysets View Post
    I mentioned before in another thread that my guess would be that humans on Earth are the Photoners. There's plenty of stable time loops in PSO2 so far, so I figured that the Earthlings discover their ability to naturally use Photon energy (or Ether for now), using that to create more advanced technologies and leaving Earth, and finally becoming the Photoners that created ARKS in the first place. They do say Earth is in another dimension or something of that sort, but it might just be that it's the past.

I'd still like to believe that it'll come full circle like that somehow.
    Too much of a paradox even for this ridiculous timey wimey bullshit story.

Plus it'd be fucking dumb if ARKS technology progressed so slowly over the years that Earth beings could compete with them on any level.

I find the history of Arks to be strange in general. They make the past seem very recent. In the same "30 years makes you an old man" kind of way.

There are a lot of weird timeline issues in PSO2.

I admit my theory doesn't hold up though, I honestly came up with it without much thought going into it.

I'd just like for the story to tie back into Episodes 1-3 somehow. I actually like Episode 4 so far, and don't have many complaints, but I liked having each episode build on the other.

Still have this though.
    Quote Originally Posted by CocoCrispy View Post
    So after asking in the quick questions thread, I learned that AP is "After Photon." I've taken some terribad phone pics of a page in the pso2 section of the Visual Chronicles of what looks like the timeline leading up to the game's events. They can be found here.

You might be better off just looking at the whole page instead of the blowup of the bottom. The top of that one is blurry and for that I am sorry.

This is the timeline that Aida cooked up in the original story thread.
    Spoiler!

Does anyone with some savvy Japanese knowledge know if anything else important is written in there compared to what Aida has written?

Also, what does the kanji say in that blue strip to the left of each half of the timeline?

Next stage!

Page 2
    Spoiler!
    ID: MPBLPure (Ship 2er)
    Akane Tekuro -- Proud Boots main; above average main character. Exploring Omega. Lead Chip: Matoi [S Halloween]
    Rei Sawatori - Hero. Taking a breather. Lead Chip: Darker Busters [Anniversary]
    クロナアルティア (Altiea) -- A Fighter jaded by trauma. Hanging out with the Darker Busters. Lead Chip: Celebrate Heroines [Anniversary]

Not sure what camera you're using, but if it's a phone, you could try Office Lens for android or ios.
    PSO2 Details: Ship 02 || Sirius-91 Cast || Lacey-458 Caseal || Team: ChibiRoar!

Quote Originally Posted by Xerenia View Post
    Oh no! What am i going to do, this was my whole entire life, and now it's going to be gone. :C Guess i'll just go and troll other proxies. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Quote Originally Posted by Sirius-91 View Post
    Not sure what camera you're using, but if it's a phone, you could try Office Lens for android or ios.
    Ooh, I've never heard of this before. I'll give it a shot. Maybe it'll improve my picture quality on my other thread.
    ID: MPBLPure (Ship 2er)
    Akane Tekuro -- Proud Boots main; above average main character. Exploring Omega. Lead Chip: Matoi [S Halloween]
    Rei Sawatori - Hero. Taking a breather. Lead Chip: Darker Busters [Anniversary]
    クロナアルティア (Altiea) -- A Fighter jaded by trauma. Hanging out with the Darker Busters. Lead Chip: Celebrate Heroines [Anniversary]

Oh! Never knew that the directors actually listened to feedback from players who have played through EP1's story. It is true, at least for me, that EP2 and 3 were huge improvements over EP1. The plot isn't as dragged out and there was still room for sub plots for the other NPCs.

I'm glad that MB 2-6 was made as the finale for EP2. Like any 2nd Act of a trilogy, it had an epic plot twist followed by a dark-ish ending that left things on a cliffhanger. It also answered a lot of things about Matoi and her attachment to Playa-chan in a satisfying way.

Quote Originally Posted by 黒雪Yacchi View Post
    The first half of that anime is why I can't even stomach the first episode, they could have added WAAAY much more story instead of padding it with Slice of Life bullshit.
    Or, considering how the anime probably wasn't targeted towards newcomers but long-time players of PSO2, it could have been an episodic anime revolving around the lives of the NPCs. I wouldn't have minded Slice of Life bullshit if it involved the NPCs we are familiar with throughout our time in PSO2 and as long as it didn't take place in a school setting.

Director Uno said it himself in the interview about how he would have loved to write more side stories about the NPCs if he had more time so the anime could have been that alternative. Maybe even get Ufotable to produce the anime since video game adaptations are their specialty.

I wonder how many long time players really liked the anime, because the other side of the world obviously don't.