Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Oh man, the anime. At the top of his game, Ash has never been stronger than now. So its really disappointing to see him lose to plot-zard. That said Ash is not the character you play in the games. He doesn't make the same decisions or use the same teams you would use. The games are your adventure. So have fun with it.

Curiously attractive for a fish man Zorafim's Avatar

I don't think this kid knows what fun is.

Quit watching the 22 minute commercial and just play the real product: the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Sord View Post
    Quit watching the 22 minute commercial and just play the real product: the game.
    I know this is a really weird necro in a FKL thread, but the pokemon anime has actually been looking REALLY good lately, so I can actually understand someone being invested in it. I'm not about to quit PSO2 because of its anime though.

Also ignoring that this is a super necro, that thing Yoshi said actually reminds me of a pokemon fan-comic where the main character of the comic was actually the "rival" character, so you got to see just how op and almost mary-suish being super good at pokemon can look from the outside. It was fun reading the comments of people not getting it. :Y

Quote Originally Posted by Kondibon View Post
    I know this is a really weird necro in a FKL thread, but the pokemon anime has actually been looking REALLY good lately, so I can actually understand someone being invested in it. I'm not about to quit PSO2 because of its anime though.

Also ignoring that this is a super necro, that thing Yoshi said actually reminds me of a pokemon fan-comic where the main character of the comic was actually the "rival" character, so you got to see just how op and almost mary-suish being super good at pokemon can look from the outside. It was fun reading the comments of people not getting it. :Y
    This isn't FKL though, it's rants. I'VE ESCAPED.

Also, while it certainly is a necro, rants is so dead that this was less than 10 threads down on the front page. But hey, may as well talk about Pokemon anyways. I'm not too sure what to think about the animation for the new series. Looks bad in my book but maybe the writing won't be as bad? Doubt it. My friends showed me some cool mini-series that was made though. Some little 5-10 minute shorts that take place in various different times and places of the Pokemon world based off the games. Was kinda neat.

Pokemon Generations, apparently.
    Last edited by Sord; Dec 13, 2016 at 04:11 AM.

This isn't FKL though, it's rants.
    Same difference. :3c

Also, while it certainly is a necro, rants is so dead that this was less than 10 threads down on the front page.
    Eh, I honestly don't care about necros unless they're something like "wow this is cool" or "this link is broken" to a 3 year old thread about something that isn't even relevant anymore.
    But hey, may as well talk about Pokemon anyways. I'm not too sure what to think about the animation for the new series. Looks bad in my book but maybe the writing won't be as bad? Doubt it. My friends showed me some cool mini-series that was made though. Some little 5-10 minute shorts that take place in various different times and places of the Pokemon world based off the games. Was kinda neat.

Pokemon Generations, apparently.
    I mean... the main pokemon anime IS still a kids show, I just meant it's gotten better. I've seen a lot of people complaining about the animation in the newest series, but I think it's just the artstyle people don't like. The animation itself seemed fine to me compared to other serial anime I've seen.

All that said, as far as I'm concerned the best non-game pokemon media is the Pokemon Adventures manga because it actually bothers to have a different protagonist each arc and makes them all very different characters. But I also never caught up with it so who knows what it's doing now.

Quote Originally Posted by Kondibon View Post
    Same difference. :3c
    I've seen a lot of people complaining about the animation in the newest series, but I think it's just the artstyle people don't like. The animation itself seemed fine to me compared to other serial anime I've seen.
    Yeah, I supposed "aesthetic," or "style," would have been a better word choice. The actual illusion of movement between frames is fine as far as I've seen. I haven't watched enough to know if they get fancy with dynamic camera angles or anything during battles.

Yeah, I supposed "aesthetic," or "style," would have been a better word choice. The actual illusion of movement between frames is fine as far as I've seen. I haven't watched enough to know if they get fancy with dynamic camera angles or anything during battles.
    I haven't seen much of the newest series honestly, it's mainly the B/W one I heard is good, which is probably why the ending was so disappointing.

After watching a bit of the newest series, the only thing that bugs me so far is everyone saying Alola all the time. Not sure why really.

If I'm still a grade schooler, I'd be child-foolishly hyped for the anime. I really can't deny that.