Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

I was expecting my total to be a lot more ridiculous, only to find out it was... about less than or equal to paying for a WoW subscription over four years (minus any extra mounts, realm transfers, or other paid stuff.) About $600-$720 or so. I guess the additional characters (the HUGE number of additional characters) and stuff I've paid for makes it feel like I've spent more.

Best investments are extra inventory slots, at least two additional characters for TA/XQ Client Order revenue, and maybe extra Mags/skill trees for alternate class combos on the same character.
    Last edited by Mega Ultra Chicken; Aug 23, 2016 at 03:54 PM.

Inventory Slots +100(for a total of 150 slots)....convenience and WAY less bothersome...some EQ overflood your inventory and even storage(magatsu EQ weapons and Darker den for S-ATK,R-ATK,T-ATK disk lvl 11+(aka craft material)

Character storage..i expanded mine for an additional 100 being a costumes hoarder

Mags....2 extra to play all class nicely(to have S-ATK....R-ATK and T-ATK mags those 3 type are important).....I,am considering 4-5 for testing or fun purpose(Defensive mag,Dexterity mag(for bouncer//braver classes combo))....you could get extra mags if you wanna unlock multi-appearance but totally optional...but in my case I wont go for 6+..not that interest by the basic mags appearance so imma pass on that

Extra characters....ok here is 2 reason for that extra mesata from khloto weekly co's....and craft materials....

ok so if you want to improve your mesetas gain having alts is rly neat for it....but here the hic....do you have the time and energy to handle playing more than 1 character and clear all the co from Klhoto ?

craft Material....initially you get to pay a small cost b4 getting the income(aka unlock some recipes)..unlocking the 3 craft line by hitting lvl 15 craft.....purchasing the 3 perma slot with ark cash....well the ark cash craft line is optional but is also convenient to not annoy you(aka clear all the daily in 1 go instead of having to wait 1-3 hours for the baseline craft line to recharge

you want to be at least able to clear 3 craft daily to collect the income
    S-ATK disc(10-20 gain)...acquire from the first craft daily cleared(if the proper set of daily show up
    R-ATK disc(10-20 gain)...acquire from the second craft daily cleared(if the proper set of daily show up)
    T-ATK disc(10-20 gain)....acquire from the third craft daily cleared(if the proper set of daily show up)...also the main craft material you want
    that said....make sure to do your daily quests everyday to help unlock your craft achievements at free cost(well some of them)

having 10 character would mean 100-200 disk of each acquire in 1 day in like 20-30 mins only...1 T-ATK disk goes for about 5000 meseta on the player shop at the moment.....with 200 T-ATK disk that's 2,000,000 meseta ....well you can technicly drop price to concure against other player and get sure sales

or if you are more ambitious you can use those to become a grand master crafter(if you got some serious determination...if your the type to give up then I would go for the sale way for meseta

remember the set of daily craft rewards is different each day but it average to give you the discs reward every 2-3 days....and is usually the 10 disk reward..the 20 disks reward set is rarer.........you may also desire the armor crafts material as armor craft mats are quite difficult to acquire(that said a friend told me the NPC Zieg can give an affixe on your gear that increase the armors items that drop dramatically(I have yet to verify if that is correct)

Extra skill Trees, those are handy if you'd like to play all classes and want full out damage for them....and 1 for your friend partner(I give you the detail for friend partner later down)

Hunter Tree
    Main Class DPS type
    Main Class Tank Type
    Sub-Class Support other classes

Fighter Tree
    Main Class
    Sub-class(forgot if it had something nice as sub class....sorry ....cant check the tree atm as its maintenance)

Ranger
    Main Class
    edit: gunner only sub-class

Gunner
    Main Class
    Sub-Class(heard that chain trigger allow to pull off some nasty high numbers but I have to see that for myself)

Force
    Main Class(only if your going to play with Talis otherwise go for techer for the extra gain from shifta or deband or both and that u can give your group and yourself)
    Sub-Class...great to support a caster Techer(but if what I heard about Chain trigger is correct then Gunner would make a better sub-class than force)...I would suggest looking into it
    Friend Partner Tree

Techer(you got plenty choice from this one)
    Main Class Light//Dark user with points in Shifta only(combat versatile type)....for a fight like odin that has a time limit b4 he kill the group this would be better or if you like things to die really quick

Main Class Light//Dark user with points in Deband only(combat versatile type)...if you pick this one you will grant your group great survival but things will take longer to die.....for Ultimate quest this is a handful as things tend to kill players with ease..but it probably wont save someone that get chain comboed to death

Main Class 1 Element at choice with both shifta and deband empowered(support oriented but less versatile in combat)
    Main Class Dark user,Wand Lover Build...aka melee Techer(goes in conjunction with hunter as sub-class)
    Main Class Dark,Wind user with either Shifta or Deband focus at choice

and lastly the friend partner tree.....full points out in both shifta and deband skills...pick 1 mastery(light if your going to want it to put panic on mobs it hit and want it to perform better on bosses).......or dark to assign Ilmegid if you want it to be focus on killing packs of mobs scatter around
    and unlike a normal techer tree...you don't need to put point in pp saving skills as the friend partner has infinite pp

Bouncer
    Main Class Jet Boots
    Main Class Dual Blade
    no purpose as sub-class(its a bad sub-class)

Summoner
    Main Class(not sure what build are out there for it...did a quick look only but none of the skills are good to help as a sub-class as they mostly focus buffing the pet)
    bad as a sub-class

friend partner is a good help to your friends or your alts for when you are soloing....building trees specifically for it will make it really nice for your alts and your friend when you solo

premium......well...its nice but not exactly worth it much....more allowance to move to some blocks more easily....3 extra craft line.....not exactly helpful....the 3 baseline craft lnie + the 3 perma bought with AC is good enough.....premium room.....once your rolling yourself in ex-cube you should be able to keep your premium room up permanently by buying 3 days pass......excubes flow in quite easily when you trade the 60+ 10 stars weapons gain from 5 magatsu run lol(there goes your 3 months premium room pass gain in just 1 day lol)

your own shop...this one is a bit bothersome but if you got alts and storage room to store your items well......use excubes to buy fun point tickets.....use those fun point on fun scratches and you might get a ticket that let you open your own shop for 3 days....now is the time to sell your collected stuff..in addition to that you may get stuff you like to decorate your room !...and a billion grinders

now the main question....is it worth it to buy 10-12 stars gear on the players shop which is only possible with premium AND a weapon ticket ? I would say no...you will be fine buying 9 stars armor as your start up.....and if your active...well..gal gryphon has some nice 10 stars units to help you out until you can afford and hunt either Hyey///Brisa set......13 stars weapon are now falling like rain on you and Gal Gryphon units are easy to acquire

Costumes Scratches....totally optional...but if you wanna burn your money to try to get a costume your drooling on...here you go....burnt some of mine just last night in attempt to get persona suit.....I did get it but I lean more toward the shadow version as I like it more black(darker)

think that pretty much cover what I do with my AC and my reasons to do it....don't think I forgot anything......and for the lul I wonder if you can find who i'am in game using those hints XD Demon Horn(not the Dewman ones but the ticket ones),Headphone,Black Lipstick,Spell Mark on the eye.....and Ship 02......have yet to meet someone using the 4 same accessory as i do XD so unlikely to get the wrong person if you ask someone randomly :P....plz don't post my character name here if u know who this is :P

EDIT 2: here a bonus if your interest to help you in unlocking lvl 15 craft line quickly.....acquire the following....1-3 stars strike,ranged weapons(from the weapon shop only now)....7-9 stars strike,ranged,tech weapons....10 stars strike,ranged,tech weapon....1 rear,1 arm and 1 leg units.....once you have those.....start unlocking ALL of the achievements that's require only 1-3 credits only to acquire the chiev
    total cost for that will be approx. 100 ironia,100 irodest,100 irogrimo,70 Irorias,70 iroams, 70 irolegs, 40-50 of each Disks(S-ATK,R-ATK,T-ATK).....having some Lilliparium will be quite handy to further boost the unlocking but that's optionnal

4-6 stars weapon and 11 stars weapons only come off as NT version now i think...which cannot be used to unlock your craft achievements...so you gonna have to look at the player shop for them and hope to be lucky to find a seller....if they don't go for extreme high price now.....BUT their achievements wont be a necessity to unlock the lvl 15 craft line as the above will be enough without the assistance of 4-6 stars weapons as well as the 11 stars weaps

EDIT 3: err forgot bout the passing from 3 to 5 collection file at once with premium which i would say is nice....my bad 1 thing i forgotten about :P
    Last edited by blood13666; Aug 24, 2016 at 02:41 AM.

lets see...

for my main (pyrei), +2 hu trees, +2 fi trees, +1 br tree, +50 inventory, +5 mags
    free alt 1 (azure) +3 fo trees, +1 te tree, +2 mags
    paid alt 1 (violet) +1 ra tree, +1 br tree, +1 mag
    paid alt 2 (stryker) +1 gu tree, +1 ra tree
    paid alt 3 (daeinna) +1 te tree, +1 br tree, + 1 mag
    free alt 2 (dainsleif) +1 fi tree, +1 bo tree
    paid alt 4 (nina) nothing so far for her, but a 2nd mag might be bought soon

AC scratches ~7000AC

Premium??????? ive had ALOT of prem used to be permanently prem but not as much these days, ill set that number of prem AC aside cause that's hard to calculate

so.... 17 trees, 9 mags, 1600 for +50 inventory, and 7000 for the handful of AC scratches I did in the past = 19800AC, $200 not bad actually I thought itd be way worse than that

Quote Originally Posted by Crayzus View Post
    I am thinking of buying AC cash but I want to know the reasons you had for buying AC cash.

I figure a AAA game is about $60 so that would be 6000AC but do you think phantasy star online 2 is a AAA title?

How much have you all spent on your own AC cash purchases and what did you buy?
    I spend accordingly based on the amount of time I stand there idling in the lobby, which is A LOT.

What you are talking about is a 1 off purchase for an AAA title, but this is an online game we're talking about here, not a fair comparison.

Spoiler!

Because I'm too lazy to take a screenshot of all 9 pages, multiply by 9 for a rough estimate.
    I don't need a signature pic, I would end up changing it all the time.

I maxed out my inventory on my main, got the main some Mags, bought a Mag for my secondary, bought some characters, and I mainly buy premium from here on out because it's very convenient to have.

I've only been playing for roughly one and a half years so my AC spending isn't that much. So far I've spent (iirc):
    1 1/2 years of premium and counting ( I started using prem 2 weeks after I started pso2)
    6 normal AC scratch bundles
    1x 100 slot inventory expansion for my main
    3 mags
    5 extra skill trees for 3 characters

As a counterpoint to posts from others, have bought/spent 0 AC.

Have played over 4000 hours and do enjoy the game a lot, but find self not needing any AC services and have gotten too used to utilizing work-arounds. But then again, am also the dirty freeloading type regarding online games and never really spend funds on micro-transactions.

Agree with sentiment that spending on a single player game is not the same as spending on an online game, there being a great difference in both play and spending between the two.

If did spend money, would be for additional inventory slots. Imagine if got into playing force as a main class and was willing to spend, would definitely buy skill trees.

I bought 1000 AC once. Spent it to get a second mag

Skill Trees and inventory expansions are all I ever bought. A few months of premium back in 2014 when I last played. I still make the occasional appearance upon request. Other than that, I can only chase a carrot on a stick for so long until boredom sets in.

Quote Originally Posted by Misaki Ki View Post
    I bought various skill trees, inventory expansions, new characters, mags, and utility things like that. I was mostly always premium as well. My AC spending stopped completely when Episode 4 hit, as did my premium. I may consider buying another skill tree for force soon, but that's about it.
    Happy b-day.

Quote Originally Posted by FOnewearl-Lina View Post
    I spend accordingly based on the amount of time I stand there idling in the lobby, which is A LOT.

What you are talking about is a 1 off purchase for an AAA title, but this is an online game we're talking about here, not a fair comparison.

Spoiler!

Because I'm too lazy to take a screenshot of all 9 pages, multiply by 9 for a rough estimate.
    Wow that could literally feed me for a week. I should really think about getting a promotion these days.
    Ship 10 is where I play, also Fashion is very important le me