Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 613141516

did 2 riding quest runs
    got 13* tmg on first run and 13* partizan and 13* wanda on second run
    Illusia rate is so bad, feels like it will be faster to get weapon as a drop

So... I felt like sharing my experiences with these Riding Quests after getting 4x Titan DB, 2x Stelk Launcher, 1x Form Wand & 2x Form JBs (out of only 4 CFs) in something like 200~300 runs (honestly hard to count, I might even have done more than that and probably got something like 30 13*, eggs included).

The maximum score I got was 2 700 000 on District C Night (obviously the best map to get points) and the maximum amount of Dominatrix I got was 5 + 1 rare (got over 10 or 12% increase on this one quest I think).

So basically, it's extremely worth doing. And once you get used to the Rideroid, it's pretty enjoyable. However there are few terrible things that ared based on RNG that makes this quest really irritable sometimes (and let's not talk about the fact you can leech the entire quest & drops without actually hitting one mob by AFKing on the TP at the start).
    The "Chase" EC is completely retarded (even tho you can z-aim the mobs, which makes the EC kinda quick, but still slower than Fat UFO spawning), the points reward are extremely low compared to all other ECs and it can happen like 5 times in a row (seriously, it happened to me way too many times, even made me rage quit some few runs). Same for Rare Mobs EC, this shit is the real score multiplier EC, it's way better than collecting coins, however it's also based around RNG. My best score got 4 Rare Mobs EC, here we go, RNG got us a good score and not the skill of the players (cuz we took approximately 1 min to kill a Vegas Illusia...).

So it's either you're lucky with the run and you can enjoy the quest, of the run is completely trash and very upsetting. That's a terrible design, even tho the quest is kinda enjoyable, they should've at put mins & maxs on EC, like at least spawn 1 Illusia and at max spawn only 3 freakin' aliens dancing in the sky.

Oh, another thing, the quest is completely useless for some classes (any R-ATK based char and those who don't even have a CF weapon) so you're pretty much stuck with the same pubs every time and that's to say : a lot of melees, a shit ton of melees. And this quest is absolutely trash for melees : UFO are a pain in the ass, Train is a pain in the ass, Trucks can be a pain in the ass, freakin' Cougar should already have been deleted from the game, nobody likes Cougar anyway, and is a pain in the ass... And... lots of melees actually can't z-aim the Chase EC, so it's also a pain in the ass.

Anyway, after all this, I still quite enjoy doing the quest, but I don't really think I'm gonna do it anymore, got my +32 Titan DBs and it's good enough imo, or maybe I'll get a +32 Wand if I ever plan on goin' Te/Hu or something~

NB : I'm playin' only Bo/Hu DBs, that also might be why I feel like this about this quest.
    Last edited by Xenosiss; Sep 3, 2016 at 02:49 PM. Reason: Typos & stuff
    Xenosiss - Ship 6 - Aomori's Circle - French

Quote Originally Posted by Dammy View Post
    Illusia rate is so bad, feels like it will be faster to get weapon as a drop
    That was my thinking during the first week of release, but I haven't see any 13* weapons drop in ~50 runs of the riding quest since Wednesday's update.

Also, I'm finding it harder to get a Riding mission run started, even during peak times in between MPAs.

I don't blame anyone for not wanting to run these missions anymore. The spawn rate for Vegas Illusia has been terrible for me. I've been lucky to see one Vegas Illusia every few runs lately. Mostly it has just been nonstop alien organisms, Cougar NXs, and alien motherships for me.

I'd really like to finish up some of these Titan/Form weapons, but luck hasn't been on my side for the last few days.

I think it would be best to have everyone who wants to join all converge into the Rideroid Blocks (Block 29) that way it's easier on people seeing as other ships do this and Ship 2 for god knows why seems to like spreading itself out or not exactly finding a designated spot to run these or newer content.

Block 29 though for Rideroid quests will help out a lot instead of sitting there for 10mins+, this is granted word gets out to people and they converge there

Edit: updated original post a big about Block 29, hopefully this can help find runs quicker seeing as other ships on non JP peak hours still have a almost full block
    Last edited by ArcaneTechs; Sep 4, 2016 at 01:24 PM.

That's something I've been thinking about, people keep using blocks 17/18 (on Ship2) for Rideroid, when there's already blocks specifically for the riding quests. It gets annoying when a block gets full (like b17 usually does) and you can't join an existing group.
    Phantasy Star Lore Whore/ARKS Layer Discord Mod
    カレン (Zysets)- PSO2JP
    Karen - Clementine

I didn't even know there were blocks specifically for the riding quests. Thanks for pointing that out.

The Lone Gamer of the Apockalypse Zorak000's Avatar

I don't think anybody actually uses the riding quest blocks, but at this point we might want to shift over there just so we don't see situations like 6/12 mpa on b17, a 4/12 on 18, and 2/12 on 19 as much

even if nobody is there, you should just make the mpa so it appears for other people when they check "join party in another block", it might attract some people.

worst case I rounded up 3 friends and still somehow did better as 4/12 than some of the real stinker 12/12 mpa's I've been in

the other downside is the delimma for EQs, but really the few that you HAVE to have a good mpa for these days is Magatsu, Demise, and Dispair, and only one of those actually happens randomly. but the hour before an EQ may see people leave the block just to make sure they get a 12/12 mpa for them, so don't get too disheartened by that
    Last edited by Zorak000; Sep 6, 2016 at 10:17 AM.

I like this quest despite its shortcomings. ^_^
    For me, stuff like this is enjoyable.

What is NOT enjoyable is when you are going with RDR 250s and the two people who are there with you are running around with 3 Bots each....its pretty much a *facepalm*.. sure, don't get me wrong... I use NPCs, but I only use them when I Solo Areas with a locked room and everything, not when I am running XH maps trying to fill up a sheet.

I wish one could have a room option to not allow bot summoning during a round.
    PSO-2 Info: Ship: 2; ID: セツナヤキ; MCN: ケイリン
    "If you want a bridge between past, present, and future, search for the void and awaken it!"

Agreed, particularly in newer areas. I have no issue if I run into someone with a full party of NPCs in Forest something, because it's rare to run into people in some of the older areas anyways, but in newer areas with relevant event quest, sheets, etc. it's blocking out more players, and making the whole situation less efficient.
    Phantasy Star Lore Whore/ARKS Layer Discord Mod
    カレン (Zysets)- PSO2JP
    Karen - Clementine