Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst ... 3456789 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by elryan View Post
    - At least 800 or 900 HP. Should be enough for buffering deadly hits and easily reachable using 3x Stamina III / IV affixes on units.
    Stop.
    栄美
    ID: joshirosama

Haha 800 to 900 hp? That's your idea of high?

Either way I don't think HP requirements matter for this kind of thing.

Affix requirements wouldn't work, not only because there's many different viable ways to affix your gear, but because not everyone has the same baseline stats. Since you mention HP in particular, for Newmans vs. Casts, one would have to make sacrifices they may not want to make that 800 HP requirement while the other doesn't. Can't forget class stat differences create an additional discrepancy as well.
    Last edited by Shadowstarkirby; Aug 27, 2016 at 03:53 PM.
    Spoiler!

[Ship 02]
    ID: Shadowstarkirby
    Character: Dial
    Classes: Hr, Fi/Hu, Hu/Fi, Br/Hu, Bo/Hu, Ra/Hu, Gu/Hu, Te/Fi, Su/Fi, Fo/Te

Let's be honest. Stage 1-5 of the Solo XQ isn't even the hard part. I'm pretty sure they picked 1-5 instead of 5-10 for reasons.

Please besides one part of 1-5, floor 3, the XQ is quite easy. Floor three is only hard because the bosses tend to do alot of aoe attacks killing off the mobs that makes the other boss spawn. I did it as a Te/Ra, granted it took awhile because that combo can't solo well, but besides floor 3 I had no trouble.

This requirement is basically saying hey clear this quest we don't care how. You want to buy dolls everytime you die so you don't have to retire and start over be our guest. You want to just level br/hu so you can cheese the whole thing and then go back to your original class combo be our guest. You want to do it as legitimate as possible through skill more power to ya.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowstarkirby View Post
    Affix requirements wouldn't work, not only because there's many different viable ways to affix your gear, but because not everyone has the same baseline stats. Since you mention HP in particular, for Newmans vs. Casts, one would have to make sacrifices they may not want to make that 800 HP requirement while the other doesn't. Can't forget class stat differences create an additional discrepancy as well.
    A newman force, a fairly common practice, can barely hit this. And a 800+ Requirement would effectively kill what is left of unit extending in fact as my Fo/Te runs a fully extended Saiki.(Which kills the HP per piece Saiki would have otherwise.) I'll die in one hit at PD, I've gotten to a point where I only die 1-3 times throughout the whole EQ if I'm not lagging or distracted by life. My Fo/Te as well has numerous 60 Ele weapons for Light, Ice, Fire all affixed well enough. I'm also not the only forcing running extended Saiki, if a block locks me and the other crazy T-Atk focused Fo/Te out I'd rather run a TD4 or PD on the non 'elite' block since a TD4 run without a Fo/Te is instantly lost.
    Last edited by Daku; Aug 27, 2016 at 05:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by elryan View Post

- At least 800 or 900 HP. Should be enough for buffering deadly hits and easily reachable using 3x Stamina III / IV affixes on units.
    God no. This is instant for so many classes, but you're pretty much giving a middle finger salute to any Force or Techer. Yeah, have fun with no Te shifta buffs. And TDs that happen on that block would be so SoL without them too lol.

Apparently some people are averse of the idea of not having 600 HP in a UQ / tough XQ.

A dead DPS is zero DPS and actually detrimental to other people's DPS because they need to rez you. Instead of getting killed within 2-3 hits, now you can survive 3-4 hits.
    Or you could just get good at the game. Everyone makes mistakes, and not every one is running Hu sub with automate and iron will :U

Personally, I would rather the game keep up the 2-3 hits while asking those with low health to take higher risks for more damage. Given my deaths when I'm actually focused during a PD ends up being between 0-1 and I'm often rezing those with HP over 1k and all Iron Willed, I think the problem is more of a "oh hey actually get good and dodge."

The fact you want people to be face tanky over actually being good at the game is showing a general lack of understanding. A dead DPS may make for less DPS but given you have to spend 3 seconds to revive a good DPS over a bad DPS with a ton of HP doing nothing, yeah, I would rather take the squishy death bringer. And trust me, if we all tried to raise our HP up to some normal standard of 900, it Sega would balance around this new fad.

Plus, a quick PD is often a PD without deaths, if that's anything to go by.

PS: If I did do Stamina III on all my units I would barely scrap UNDER that 800 HP limit(currently 644 HP btw). I have the level 75 Hu bonus and I have yet to extend all my gear, which, mind you, extended gear for more PP = more DPS. Honestly, I only die on PD because, despite everyone standing directly in front of PD during his third phase, he decides to attack the lone Newman female force in the corner because they do 20% damage despite the other 80% of the damage standing in front of him, whacking his stomach.

But any time his focus is off me, I'm usually perfectly fine. If there's more people taking hits spread through out, there's less dying going on. It honestly sounds more like an issue of people not doing enough damage to spread hate rather than HP issues.

It's not like I'm clueless about all this either. I do plan on (eventually) doing Astral soul for more HP.
    Last edited by Starryeyedbunny; Aug 27, 2016 at 06:26 PM.

The argument of a dead DPS = 0 DPS doesn't tell the whole story.
    The individual dealing the highest damage has a higher risk of dying and has to deal with much more enemy aggressiveness than the guy that's doing low amounts of damage. So if, the individual dealt 10m to a boss and ends up dying to one mistake whereas the other deals a mere 1m but lives, who contributed more? The one that dealt more damage acts as a sort of "tank" as well. Even certain AoEs target players that dealt the most damage much more.

You know the groups that were capable of actually clearing Challenge Quest 1 within days? The ones that were willing to take risks and actually deal damage at the same time that did take a couple of deaths here and there. Players that played too safe and didn't die ended up slowing down the runs because their damage output didn't make up for it.
    As long as you contribute a significant amount of damage that outweighs your death, then it's at that point where you shouldn't feel bad about a death. You just cannot die too often.
    Also, you have the option to bring a half-doll now if you feel like you don't want to waste time in an MPA reviving you. Maybe players should start using half-dolls more often, until they run out at least.

tl;dr: sometimes dead DPS = 0 DPS is stupid, especially if you don't see the bigger picture.

We should just make red class only block where no tech or ranged class is allowed. And no FILTHY FUCKING BRAVERS AND BOUNCERS YOU ARE GREEN.

I will finally have TD4 where all infected AIS are dunked before they can even do anything and the moons stay at 5 during PD, instead of hearing a bunch of Fo/Te's brag about how they finally managed to die only 2 times after they realized you could just mash the mirage button every time the boss looks funny at you.

I like it when I get to watch Claris Claes roll 600 dmg Rafoies on 584 HP force newmans.