Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst ... 567891011 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Kondibon View Post
    As someone who plays poorly, I completely disagree. 100-200 extra hp can be the difference between being one shot and being 2shot.

EDIT: no, I take that back, I'm not that bad, this just made me realize why this is bugging me so much. Everyone is acting like there's no room for a middle ground. Like you're either top tier dps or you're not doing anything at all. It just... doesn't make any sense to me.
    he did though. he said "make sure you're dealing reasonable damage and don't worry about dying a couple times as opposed to dealing next to no damage and not dying"

Quote Originally Posted by milranduil View Post
    this is too involved for sega to ever implement.

i'd love to see a time limit on XHTA being a requirement. i can hear the whining already l0l
    That's not too involved at all. Just make it a client order that requires you to beat it in a certain amount of time.

Quote Originally Posted by milranduil View Post
    he did though. he said "make sure you're dealing reasonable damage and don't worry about dying a couple times as opposed to dealing next to no damage and not dying"
    I guess my point is that you can deal a "reasonable" amount of damage with a few hp affixes and automate halfline. :/ People are putting the baseline too high imo. I actually have no problem with DPS requirements, but the idea of balancing them around the best of the best is asinine in a game like this.
    Last edited by Kondibon; Aug 27, 2016 at 07:57 PM.

As someone who plays poorly, I completely disagree. 100-200 extra hp can be the difference between being one shot and being 2shot.
    while this is true, a lot of times something runs by my screen and juggle kills me in 2~3 hits from full HP, and I die instantly.... i'd say i'm just being bad but kinda hard to see everything in this game sometimes

Quote Originally Posted by Pyrei View Post
    while this is true, a lot of times something runs by my screen and juggle kills me in 2~3 hits from full HP, and I die instantly.... i'd say i'm just being bad but kinda hard to see everything in this game sometimes
    This is why I use Arks Mod Tool and wish Sega would just give us in-game options to zoom out the camera. Seriously Arks Mod Tool makes me die far less on ANY class since most of my deaths in a mobby environments are just flat out being blind sided because the default zoom is cardboard tube levels.

It's just stupid this game wasn't designed with this content in mind. They need to rebalance, and refocus what content to focus on.

I guess my point is that you can deal a "reasonable" amount of damage with a few hp affixes and automate halfline. :/ People are putting the baseline too high imo. I actually have no problem with DPS requirements, but the idea of balancing them around the best of the best is asinine in a game like this.
    We...didn't even set specifics though....

Well, I mean, there are a few, but Bellion, Pyrei, and I didn't really mention anything specific, like "Kill 5 wolgahdas in 30 seconds!"

I'm the type to affix 150 t-atk, +35 a 13* NT, and get all my techniques to level 17... And I'm personally not aiming for expectations of more than a 10* with decent base power and a damage potential. Add in 60 atk and 6 PP(or just 3 general good affixes...even make it 30 atk, 6 PP and 50 HP if you want) on all units+weapon and you're set.

But looking at another thread here, it seems Sega's intentions are on making something for the 13* crowd :/

It's just stupid this game wasn't designed with this content in mind. They need to rebalance, and refocus what content to focus on.
    Like nerfing the hell out of JG tech ring and Iron will?

When the Odin LQ came out and they had decreased the effectiveness of healing, I saw people talking about the need for defense and and health, but that never actually became anything in the game or the community. I'm kind of disappointed over that.
    Phantasy Star Lore Whore/ARKS Layer Discord Mod
    カレン (Zysets)- PSO2JP
    Karen - Clementine

Of course, you can always deal reasonable amounts of damage regardless of your affixes. Taking automate-halfline is more than fine since that isn't what ruins a skilltree. You know, the skilltree does make it hard to find a middle ground because of the options that are present. You're sacrificing miniscule s-atk by going with automate + fury, but as soon as you go automate + guard stance you've gone to the opposite side. Most of your damage comes from your skill trees so you either take damage multipliers or you don't.

If anything I want quests that test how well you can play your class, not necessarily a DPS test.

Quote Originally Posted by Pyrei View Post
    Oh, that's a separate issue, and why I'm glad the bunnies in Las Vegas actually have a warning before they shoot instead of just hitting you out of nowhere. Considering how many times I've died to stuff because I was 100 hp below the damage, though, it certainly helps.

Quote Originally Posted by Bellion View Post
    Of course, you can always deal reasonable amounts of damage regardless of your affixes. Taking automate-halfline is more than fine since that isn't what ruins a skilltree. You know, the skilltree does make it hard to find a middle ground because of the options that are present. You're sacrificing miniscule s-atk by going with automate + fury, but as soon as you go automate + guard stance you've gone to the opposite side. Most of your damage comes from your skill trees so you either take damage multipliers or you don't.
    Uh. I thought we were talking about affixes and unit choices. Skill trees are a whole other animal.

Quote Originally Posted by Bellion View Post
    If anything I want quests that test how well you can play your class, not necessarily a DPS test.
    Same, I think it's what they're going for with the solo XQ, but it's obviously not enough.
    Last edited by Kondibon; Aug 27, 2016 at 08:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zysets View Post
    When the Odin LQ came out and they had decreased the effectiveness of healing, I saw people talking about the need for defense and and health, but that never actually became anything in the game or the community. I'm kind of disappointed over that.
    To be fair, a change in the actual game would require a lot of work on the developers part...and given they already had Las Vegas planned, they had to push forward with that first.

Only huge content coming up is UQ so maybe we'll see it in the future?