Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

This has been bugging me for quite some time, so I'll just ask it here. What exactly is "viable" damage for XH/Ult -- assuming you're not a FoTe? Let's say for a BrHu or TeBr.

Quote Originally Posted by DatFox View Post
    This has been bugging me for quite some time, so I'll just ask it here. What exactly is "viable" damage for XH/Ult -- assuming you're not a FoTe? Let's say for a BrHu or TeBr.
    this is what brhu UQ looks like in a nutshell
    Spoiler!

The Lone Gamer of the Apockalypse Zorak000's Avatar

all classes are viable, it's just if there is anything left of the enemies by the time you get the chance to do anything to them is the real question

Quote Originally Posted by Zorak000 View Post
    all classes are viable, it's just if there is anything left of the enemies by the time you get the chance to do anything to them is the real question
    They are, but because of the poorly implemented sub-class system and the forever meta focus on raw damage, certain class combinations will just not cut it.

I've managed to pull of a semi-decent Force/Hunter, but it's not meant for anything other than roleplaying or messing around. The damage is just not enough to get through any significant quest or MPA.

Quote Originally Posted by Kokurokoki View Post
    They are, but because of the poorly implemented sub-class system and the forever meta focus on raw damage, certain class combinations will just not cut it.

I've managed to pull of a semi-decent Force/Hunter, but it's not meant for anything other than roleplaying or messing around. The damage is just not enough to get through any significant quest or MPA.
    That's quite a necro...

The Lone Gamer of the Apockalypse Zorak000's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kokurokoki View Post

yeah, in my mind "viable" means "you can clear the content... eventually...".

"optimal" is what more people are focusing on really. that's kinda some sort of formula of "maximum possible damage - situations you cant meet all conditions (see: weak stance/WHA, break stance) - gear requirements for said conditions(see: force, techer, element stance)"

in the case of the OP, Gu/Bo can sit between Average Stance and Weak Stance Gu/Br, but the issue there none of those can really hold a candle to Fury Stance Gu/Hu's ease of use, or Gu/Ra's sheer damage for holding still a second and surgically striking weak points. Gu/Br at least still has the chain-banish gimmick; whereas Gu/Bo does not. Sure, /Bo allows you to use techs, but the utility granted by them pales in comparison to how much you are sacrificing by not going at least Gu/Hu, not to mention that you would need to gear yourself up to cover elemental weaknesses to make your stance even work at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Kondibon View Post
    That's quite a necro...
    !@#$. I didn't even bother to look at the date...

The activity on PSOW is a bit slower than the usual forums I'm used to.

Quote Originally Posted by Zorak000 View Post
    yeah, in my mind "viable" means "you can clear the content... eventually...".

"optimal" is what more people are focusing on really. that's kinda some sort of formula of "maximum possible damage - situations you cant meet all conditions (see: weak stance/WHA, break stance) - gear requirements for said conditions(see: force, techer, element stance)"

in the case of the OP, Gu/Bo can sit between Average Stance and Weak Stance Gu/Br, but the issue there none of those can really hold a candle to Fury Stance Gu/Hu's ease of use, or Gu/Ra's sheer damage for holding still a second and surgically striking weak points. Gu/Br at least still has the chain-banish gimmick; whereas Gu/Bo does not. Sure, /Bo allows you to use techs, but the utility granted by them pales in comparison to how much you are sacrificing by not going at least Gu/Hu, not to mention that you would need to gear yourself up to cover elemental weaknesses to make your stance even work at all.
    Yep. Arguably *anything* is viable since its a singleplayer game, it's just that PSO can't decide whether it wants to be an Action RPG or a traditional RPG. So you get action elements with lots of hp powerscaling for the endgame content which results in bosses with millions of hp.

Some class combinations are fun to use, but the game restricts you by not giving you any support skills for those combinations. Its something that's really irked me. We get to combo any class together, but some classes actually can't combo together at all because there is next to no skill support for said combinations.

I sometimes wonder if the game would have more diversity if the subclass system was abolished.
    Last edited by Kokurokoki; Oct 25, 2016 at 03:02 PM.

The game would have more diversity if Hu subclass was nerfed

Quote Originally Posted by Selphea View Post
    The game would have more diversity if Hu subclass was nerfed
    Only? Tbh the classes should be more flexible for allowing people to play the playstyle that they want. I'm not telling that, for example, HU/FO should have the same damage rate that HU/FI. But if anyone gets HU/FO, that guy should have another features than just "having resta" (And for it, even HU/TE or the viceversa is much better than HU/FO or FO/HU).

Maybe my opinion is influenced too much by PS Nova because I've played that game. However, in PS Nova, unlike PSO2, you can custom the build of your character with a few penalties like buying Weapon Equip skills for allowing you different weapons, Obviously, you must choose HU for higher S-ATK (and defenses and HP since all classes can use any line shield), RA for higher R-ATK, FO for higher T-ATK and BU for hybrid or JoaT build depending of the user.

And well, I'm sorry for a "necro" of a week, but I'd got issues of posting in this forum...

Greetings.

I run husu cause is super easy to steamroll most content and it requieres no skill or setup to do so.