Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Default What is with the elitism within this community?

I was reading through this thread

http://www.pso-world.com/forums/show...-Solo-XQ/page4

and most of what I see seems rather elitist. People claim that if a person plays a certain class combination then they are bad or using something"cheap". People also talk like a person attempting to get better gear through high difficulty EQs should not be allowed.

In particular this quote "Well, I guess players who join Perennial Apocalypse with 11* weapons at 24% element and +5 grind cannot really complete that EX mission, heh, so it at least gets rid of them." -Hrith

Umm, why is this a bad thing? If someone is using weaker gear its clear that they are simply trying to get stronger by completing the higher difficulty EQs. Isn't the entire purpose of completing these quests to get the fragments for the best weapons in the game?

Not just in this thread but in most threads I read there seems to be a pompous attitude resonating.

Why does the community behave this way?

Because not grinding weapons to +10(or +30 if NT) or units to +10 is cancerous and can make your MPA lose precious DPS for EQs like PD or Cubegatsu. You don't need to do Perennial Apocalypse in XH to grind ur weapons to the max, do you ?

I am not elitist but this is the only thing I would like : seeing everyone with +10 units and +10(+30) weapons.
    Quote Originally Posted by GHNeko View Post
    oh boy cant wait for this class to be op on release and for everyone and their mom to run only this class for a week and failing all the EQs.

Okay, I clearly have no idea what "elitist" means anymore if being dissatisfied with players who walk into XH Apocalypse with unprepped 11*s is elitist now.

You know, this is a pretty big generalization if I ever saw one.

Also, here's the thing. It's not wrong to enter XH Apocalypse with 11* gear. This I understand. However, if you have access to XH, then you have the resources at your fingertips to at least get your weaker gear to maximum value so you're at least prepped to farm for the good stuff. Taking weaker gear into endgame content without upping the stuff first is just being lazy.
    Last edited by Altiea; Aug 28, 2016 at 02:48 AM.
    ID: MPBLPure (Ship 2er)
    Akane Tekuro -- Proud Boots main; above average main character. Exploring Omega. Lead Chip: Matoi [S Halloween]
    Rei Sawatori - Hero. Taking a breather. Lead Chip: Darker Busters [Anniversary]
    クロナアルティア (Altiea) -- A Fighter jaded by trauma. Hanging out with the Darker Busters. Lead Chip: Celebrate Heroines [Anniversary]

Yeah at the least get your gear to +10 I think, or +30 if you're using NT weapons.

I don't care if people don't have affixes on their weapons. Yeah it helps a lot but same time affixing is EXPENSIVE and not everyone has that grind life to go and get that meseta. But at least get the bare minimal done.

People who expect a certain level of competency in a team environment are not elitist.

In this game, there are bad class combinations. EQs require you to rush them to get the best rewards. Bad class combinations get in the way of that by having poor damage/utility. Play your Fo/Hu by yourself or with your friends on your own time, not in TD4 with people who want Torana Fragments, they shouldn't have to carry your useless ass because you want to "play for fun".

Let me be clear, no one here is expecting you to have a max grinded, max element, max potential 13* (even though it's so easy to do just that these days) coupled with 5s 150 ATK/6 PP affixed Austere Units. A +30 10//11* NT with Hiei Units is not asking much, hell, it's not asking anything at all. If you can't do that with a single weapon with the free 2m meseta you earn from Klotho's quests come XH difficulty, then no we're not expected to be happy about it, you're just being lazy or cheap, there's no excuse.
    Spoiler!

[Ship 02]
    ID: Shadowstarkirby
    Character: Dial
    Classes: Hr, Fi/Hu, Hu/Fi, Br/Hu, Bo/Hu, Ra/Hu, Gu/Hu, Te/Fi, Su/Fi, Fo/Te

Irregularities ahead!!! Shinmarizu's Avatar

Elitism is an attitude of superiority of one over another. It is opinion and thus subjective. If someone thinks he or she is better than you because of the gear they have, and discriminates against you because of that, that can be thought of as elitism.

For the most part, what I see normally when it comes to performance and gear checks is frustration that some players are not doing their due diligence. People can be uninformed or ignorant when it comes to their gear (poor choices of gear, max element, max grind) and some understanding of the basics when it comes to improving gear can fix that.

Would you bring an 11* weapon at 24% element and +5 grind to XH PD? I wouldn't. That affects my performance, and thus I contribute less to the Quest. It also gives the impression that I'm lazy, leeching or I don't know what I'm doing. At the very least, I would bring my current gear to its full potential before I attempt to obtain better gear.

The discrimination that arises as a side-product of this frustration can be seen as elitist.
    Last edited by Shinmarizu; Aug 28, 2016 at 04:00 AM.

PSO2: Lorilae / Durandal / Rook (Ship 2)
    PSO2 ID: nimbusalexander

Even a newbie like me have a +30 Nox weapon at 50% element (I just got Invade to tell the truth) and a full ex3 Hiei set +10
    with atk/hp affix so I guess it's not hard at all.
    I don't even play that much and I waste most of my meseta with fashion and random things...

Considering that getting high tier gears and being good at a particular class is one of the main goals of this game. It's pretty much easy to reach a "pro" lvl in PSO2, since it comes naturally while lvling up, but if you feel you're still clumsy and weak with your classes, then it's better that you avoid XH for a while, simply because it would be frustrating for you and for the MPA.

Honestly, I tried many MMOs, as everyone here did I guess, and imho this is the easiest BUT the funniest gameplay I tried so far. No roles, no PVP, no limits when it comes about joining MPAs with particular low-level gears, and it allows one of the widest character personalization I tried so far. Except for TD, you hardly ever fail any EQ. And I really like it, honestly. I really like to play it.
    Of course, the fact that you can join a XH MPA with any class combos and with any gears means that if you make a bad class combos with low-tier gears you will slow overall DPS, at the point that you could result completely useless to the MPA. IMHO, there's nothing funny in this. It's also frustrating for you, since you won't play properly.
    There are many combo classes you can try and being good at it, but someone will never work. The fact that the game allows you to choose Fo/Hu doesn't mean that it works. That's okay if you're still low-lvl and you wanna try by youself how some combo classes and weps work until you reach XH, but, at this point, if you join a XH MPA EQ (and even a SH one, since Magatsu and Loser can be pretty unnerving if people start to derp around), a good playing level is generally required, and there's nothing funny in dying continuously or not using some key skills (ex. no WB if you're Ra)

As I said before, getting high-tier gears is one of the main goals of this game (and very easy to afford, considering all the NTs and sheets), as well as figuring out how to play properly with your classes. That's not elitism, but it's like pretending to be good at a fighing game smashing all the buttons of your pad randomly. That's pretty much a bad way to play.

My 2 cents.
    Last edited by Cure Shock; Aug 28, 2016 at 04:26 AM.

Badly drawn by me, duh.
    Join the Order!

Quote Originally Posted by Cure Shock View Post
    Considering that getting high tier gears and being good at a particular class is one of the main goals of this game. It's pretty much easy to reach a "pro" lvl in PSO2, since it comes naturally while lvling up, but if you feel you're still clumsy and weak with your classes, then it's better that you avoid XH for a while, simply because it would be frustrating for you and for the MPA.
    This is what I am doing right now, I just played on XH once but that was not cool...