Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Meteor Weapon View Post
    We can't really avoid it because the whole anime thing is sorta connected to the whole EP4. Good thing Itsuki wasn't even one of the main focus of EP4 with only a slight mention.
    Not really, all you need to know is that Aika bottled up Apprentice in the last episode. That's really the only part of the anime that has had any lasting effect.
    ID: MPBLPure (Ship 2er)
    Akane Tekuro -- Proud Boots main; above average main character. Exploring Omega. Lead Chip: Matoi [S Halloween]
    Rei Sawatori - Hero. Taking a breather. Lead Chip: Darker Busters [Anniversary]
    クロナアルティア (Altiea) -- A Fighter jaded by trauma. Hanging out with the Darker Busters. Lead Chip: Celebrate Heroines [Anniversary]

Is there a summary of Phantasy Star Nova's story online?
    SHIP 02 - PokeminMaster
    Lucinova - Deuman - 75 Hu, 55 Fi, 75 Fo, 80 Te, 80 Bo, 75 Su, 80 He
    Aura - CAST - 75 Fo, 77 Te
    Sylvia - CAST - 75 Ra, 76 Br

Quote Originally Posted by Altiea View Post
    Not really, all you need to know is that Aika bottled up Apprentice in the last episode. That's really the only part of the anime that has had any lasting effect.
    Just her hair tips and nothing more than that thanks to Matoi and Dio Hunar.

Quote Originally Posted by PokeminMaster View Post
    Is there a summary of Phantasy Star Nova's story online?
    If it's any help, GameFAQs did a bit, ironically enough.

One interesting thing I noted while sifting through this topic was that it was stated that the Gigantes were developed by Machia's natives to fight invaders who wielded Photons. Do all signs point to the Photoners as the root cause?
    Last edited by Altiea; Aug 30, 2016 at 09:47 PM.
    Akane Tekuro -- Proud Boots main; above average main character. Exploring Omega. Lead Chip: Matoi [S Halloween]
    クロナアルティア (Altiea) -- A Fighter jaded by trauma. Hanging out with the Darker Busters. Lead Chip: Celebrate Heroines [Anniversary]

Quote Originally Posted by Altiea View Post
    One interesting thing I noted while sifting through this topic was that it was stated that the Gigantes were developed by Machia's natives to fight invaders who wielded Photons. Do all signs point to the Photoners as the root cause?
    Being familiar enough with PSO2's story, if any bad or stupid shit happened in the past its always the Photoners that were responsible.

Wow, now I find Nova's story writing more interesting than...whatever's going on in EP4(pardon for repeatedly saying that)

Quote Originally Posted by Meteor Weapon View Post
    Wow, now I find Nova's story writing more interesting than...whatever's going on in EP4(pardon for repeatedly saying that)
    Give EP4 more time Metheos, as you should know, there are phantom darkers coming in the next patches.
    Spoiler!

Yeah, I've said it before, but Episode 4 is obviously just the beginning of something else, we still have no explanation for the "Falz like" shadow that originally attacked Hitsugi, so i imagine the Darkers and maybe a Falz are going to get involved again soon.
    Phantasy Star Lore Whore/ARKS Layer Discord Mod
    カレン (Zysets)- PSO2JP
    Karen - Clementine

Tbh, I know I've been judging too much on EP4 because of how the Anime sorta really got me salty over their story telling, I never had that problem when EP1-3 was around. I think it's also because how storyboard feels short for me and...the story content in each board isn't really that interesting to watch for me(watching an overused trope of what am i fighting for over and over is exhausting for me), but that's just me.

I just wanted more past characters to show up, I mean even Zeno didn't show up in the story board, though in the lobby conversation he did say that Mother Cluster's are probably a lot more cunning which makes them a lot harder to predict than Darker's attacking, because ARKS never did have to deal with another organisation other than Luther's tyranny.

Well I guess we'll just have to wait for Ether Darkers to show up to spice things up.
    Last edited by Meteor Weapon; Aug 30, 2016 at 11:02 PM.

Nova does get to the point a lot faster than PSO2, although that's probably because they have to cram an entire storyline into one package that takes about 10 hours to finish (and at least 100 more for everything else), compared to PSO2, which took three years to wrap up an arc.

One thing I love about Nova is that they take the time to make their characters feel real. The basic plot doesn't even cover the side plots for like, at least nine other characters and the DLC stories for Garnet and Sunspark.

One thing I don't like about Nova is that the writing is more blatantly biased towards a male lead than PSO2's writing. Seriously, you get a hot springs scene and Fildia's complaining about Nova Player-Chan being a peeping tom even if Player-chan is a girl.
    Last edited by Altiea; Aug 30, 2016 at 11:18 PM.