Ah, hello there, I'm not new to the tweaker and game but I came back after a very long break and I'm having a few phantom issues. I'll go through everything i've done, in order, to help best explain

First of all, I started with a clean install of the game, so far - so good, no issues.
upon attempting to patch, I get a complete system hang, have to hard reset my entire pc. Permissions seem fine, the folder isn't anywhere weird, running as admin. Folder is whitelisted and all that through my Av, so it shouldn't be that either.

So then, I grabbed the tweaker and updated through the tweaker - Worked fine, seemingly. game works, plays, all that. Played for about a week with a few issues.*
However, if I add any of the larger EN patches, the install also hangs and freezes and locks up the same way that patching the game through the launcher does. Usually around 98% or so.
I've tried doing all the troubleshooting things, and there's no fix seemingly available through googling.

* I have an issue where I talk to some npcs and their dialogue hangs, no buttons work, but the computer does not lock up it's just constantly trying to load the npc dialogue, so I have to quit and re-launch.
As of the recent patch, the tweaker doesn't seem to match the right version, so I tried a manual patch and, lo and behold, I get the full system hang again.

I apologize if this isnt the right place for it, as I couldnt think of any other place to post this. I'd like to play the game without all these intermittent issues. My roommate is also playing the game with almost the exact same methods and we have very similar builds on our pc, yet no issues at all for him (how lucky....)

let me know if I need to attach any logs or anything like that, since I know the tweaker has that sort of functionality.
thank you for reading.