Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

We'll see a slight improvement no matter what because the better hardware, but it'll just be a slightly smoother framerate, at best, like Zyrusticae says. Sega still has to update the game if they want to take full advantage of the update though.
    Phantasy Star Lore Whore/ARKS Layer Discord Mod
    カレン (Zysets)- PSO2JP
    Karen - Clementine

Quote Originally Posted by pkemr4 View Post
    isnt screen-tearing more of a TV issue
    Nope, tearing is because the video card is sending out the framebuffer while one frame is in the middle of rendering over the top of the previous frame. Vsync usually corrects this but has a cost on framerate (Waiting on frames) and memory (adds an extra framebuffer), there are Vsync methods that reduce this cost at the expense of using more memory (adding a third framebuffer so there's less waiting)

EDIT: I've simplified this explanation, I know it's a LOT more complicated than this.

EDIT2: Consoles have limited memory which is why most devs don't use Vsync and instead aim for a specific framerate, which they lock the console and code to.
    Last edited by Pyrii; Sep 14, 2016 at 05:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Pyrii View Post
    Nope, tearing is because the video card is sending out the framebuffer while one frame is in the middle of rendering over the top of the previous frame. Vsync usually corrects this but has a cost on framerate (Waiting on frames) and memory (adds an extra framebuffer), there are Vsync methods that reduce this cost at the expense of using more memory (adding a third framebuffer so there's less waiting)

EDIT: I've simplified this explanation, I know it's a LOT more complicated than this.

EDIT2: Consoles have limited memory which is why most devs don't use Vsync and instead aim for a specific framerate, which they lock the console and code to.
    Monitors do have their issues too..
    LCDs are slower than CRTs and back then Ghosting and other issues existed.

We never used LCDs in serious tournaments back then due to how the response time of LCDs could be as slow as 300ms (60hz = 60 screen redraws x slowest response time per redrawn = true response time). If your response time is actually slower than the game you are playing, this is particularly bad.. especially in games with PvP. Things are better today than they were back then, but it has really taken over 15 years of research and development to actually eliminate the design flaws in LCDs.

Today, for those with multiple monitors...
    There is such a thing as input lag between monitors if one isn't careful.

There is a major difference between LCDs made to watch TV and movies and LCDs made to play video games and do Animation. A lot of console gamers will play on their living room LCD (same one used to watch TV) and those have worse specifications than LCDs and usually cost more because of their size.

Thank the Gods that things have improved..
    My point is that if you are trying to play a video game on a TV rather than a Monitor, you are much more prone to seeing errors. Console Gamers deal with all the limitations of the consoles along with limitation of the TV they have their console connected to. (I've seen ghosting on many TVs when playing Fighting Games and Shooters)...
    PSO-2 Info: Ship: 2; ID: セツナヤキ; MCN: ケイリン
    "If you want a bridge between past, present, and future, search for the void and awaken it!"

Quote Originally Posted by Keilyn View Post
    <snip>
    Display lag != Screen tearing.

It may highlight it more, or even cover it up with badly ghosting displays, but the issues aren't caused by the same thing.

Displays unfortunately are a whole different kettle of fish.

The supposive Gaijin Hero EvilMag's Avatar

Prob not gonna happen. We've already seen how hilariously incompetent PSO2's development team really is.
    Quote Originally Posted by CelestialBlade View Post
    Bit off-topic, but I'm just sick and tired of "difficulty" meaning "stat boosts". It's lazy and boring.

There's nothing else they can do about it other than giving players a switch between higher framerate and "4K". The actual issues with the game are low-polygon models and environments and low-res textures throughout entire game, and and fixing that clearly isn't worth dev time.

I personally wish they actually removed a shitton of unnecessary light sources in areas like Seabed, Darker's Den and others, because, other than giving eye strain and dropping a few FPS, extra lights also make low-poly and low-res things more visible.

I'm definitely getting the pro. The standard runs pretty sluggish, I see the framerate drop rather often. The updated hardware will be nice, hopefully it'll mean higher max framerate too (but I doubt it). Fingers crossed they make a PSO2 Limited Edition one or at least some cool LEs (JP obviously cuz US has shit for LEs).

Quote Originally Posted by Pyrii View Post
    Display lag != Screen tearing.

It may highlight it more, or even cover it up with badly ghosting displays, but the issues aren't caused by the same thing.

Displays unfortunately are a whole different kettle of fish.
    nevertheless they do go hand in hand.
    20 years in computers and I still get people who don't know the difference between local lag and network lag... along with screen tearing and ghosting.
    PSO-2 Info: Ship: 2; ID: セツナヤキ; MCN: ケイリン
    "If you want a bridge between past, present, and future, search for the void and awaken it!"

Quote Originally Posted by Keilyn View Post
    nevertheless they do go hand in hand.
    20 years in computers and I still get people who don't know the difference between local lag and network lag... along with screen tearing and ghosting.
    How about people that call frame rate drops as lag...
    Quote Originally Posted by FireswordRus View Post
    But if u take mpa with a lot boses in 1 time, and if FI have war cry lv10 ,FI win
    -----------------------Flashing-----------------------------------------------Tagami--------------------------
    Spoiler!

https://youtu.be/yu-ST4ntGjc

anyone seen this video I think you should see this video.
    Ship 10 is where I play, also Fashion is very important le me