Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5678910 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Lumir View Post
    Im not upset with the grindfest missing, I just cant agree with how easy i am able to blast right through all this early game content. Just hit snow area and same stuff happening here. Just run to the specific area, kill said mob, if its a boss WB and PA it.
    Pretty much, it's not a matter of how fast players level up, but about how fragile enemies are in difficulties below XH.

Players got several buffs throughout the years while the difficulty modes stayed mostly the same (in some cases, some enemies/bosses were even nerfed), it's just not right being able to defeat enemies with just one single use of a beginner weapon's PA when starting the game.
    PSO2 EN (Ship 1): Johana
    PSO2 JP (Ship 2): Johana, Ezodagrom, Luppi, Lana, Yukari, Blune, Elysia, Elena
    PSU EN/JP: Johana, Blune, Ezodagrom, Luppi/Johana, Lana

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/ezodagrom
    Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/ezodagrom

The real challenge in this game imo. Is doing EQs by youself or with a low amount of players. Try doing pd solo or UQ lilipa (nab is shit) or 4 man mag (brgu if you want to cheese it), Low man CM, etc. Not just doing silly exploration quest and doing nothing but spamming WB in it.
    Last edited by Tunga; Sep 19, 2016 at 01:37 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by FireswordRus View Post
    But if u take mpa with a lot boses in 1 time, and if FI have war cry lv10 ,FI win
    -----------------------Flashing-----------------------------------------------Tagami--------------------------
    Spoiler!

Quote Originally Posted by Ezodagrom View Post
    Pretty much, it's not a matter of how fast players level up, but about how fragile enemies are in difficulties below XH.

Players got several buffs throughout the years while the difficulty modes stayed mostly the same (in some cases, some enemies/bosses were even nerfed), it's just not right being able to defeat enemies with just one single use of a beginner weapon's PA when starting the game.
    I did find it somewhat harder on snow panthers since i tried to aim myself with the Z button. That being said as soon as i switch back to lock on, easy 2k+ hits. So the difficulty is still somewhat apparent for those not using satellite cannon and not using the auto lock on feature with WB, but who would not do this? I guess other classes but im sure they have something they can use.

Quote Originally Posted by Tunga View Post
    The real challenge in this game imo. Is doing EQs by youself or with a low amount of players. Try doing Td1 solo or UQ lilipa (nab is shit) or 4 man mag (brgu if you want to cheese it), Low man CM, etc. Not just doing silly exploration quest and doing nothing but spamming WB.
    I can see the difficulty slowly increasing. And im sure those quest will be fun that you mentioned. I just have such an easy time working towards those quest. BTW i dont spam wb, I usually apply it to the head of an enemy and spam PAs. After i run out of PP ill switch to a launcher for auto attacks until i have enough PP again or the current WB runs out. Rinse repeat, and thats with just basic PAs I havent used sat cannon or any other PAs that i can buy.
    Last edited by Lumir; Sep 19, 2016 at 11:57 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tunga View Post
    The real challenge in this game imo. Is doing EQs by youself or with a low amount of players. Try doing Td1 solo or UQ lilipa (nab is shit) or 4 man mag (brgu if you want to cheese it), Low man CM, etc. Not just doing silly exploration quest and doing nothing but spamming WB.

Self-imposing challenges are mostly the outcome of badly or non existant endgame designs; a playthrough of a game wherein part of the playerbase plays under a restriction not required by the game itself in an attempt to increase the difficulty if they´re not happy by the difficulty standards, replay value, longevity and/or to show off their "mad skillz" is in no-way the fault of the players but of the game itself and its developers or the higher-ups decisions (which we know play heavily in the content here).

These restrictions can range from the fairly simple (a refusal to make use of a Game Breaker, in OP case with WB) to the near-impossible ("Hey, solo magatsu in XH without a WB class and dont jump ever! thats difficult!"), you can impose as many restrictions as you want to increase your fun, just please dont impose those on other people that dont share your view (the scrubs that say the game is too easy when they spawn camp TD4 with a premade consisting of 10 Fo, a Br/Gu and a Ra/x and call anything else including pugs that dont make 2 runs with an excess 20 mins "bad runs" and "sub-optimal" and whine because their EQs lasted 5 mins more that they should be supposed to, seriously take a chill pill up yours).

Those are design flaws in SEGA´s department (a.k.a Fault) that they allowed the powercreep to get to these levels whitout adjusting lower difficulties to be linear, most of the difficulty comes from bad geared players who got used to said "easy carry" in EQs slowing other people down or not knowing that XH loser needs both bracers to be broken before the clock gets unveiled, one of the reasons "dps witch-hunting" with the parser came to be, which also made it banned (rip).

TL;DR: "Difficulty increase" shouldnt be paired with ridiculous not-the-intended-use ways of playing or restrictions in that the only way to enjoy the game is to gimp yourself.

Disclaimer:
    Spoiler!
    Last edited by Ziel; Sep 19, 2016 at 12:32 PM.
    =Ziel= Ship 02
    Ninel 90/90 Ra/Hu Gund...Cast!

After i run out of PP ill switch to a launcher for auto attacks until i have enough PP again or the current WB runs out. Rinse repeat, and thats with just basic PAs I havent used sat cannon or any other PAs that i can buy.
    Instead of using lawnchair just throw some grenades. They will refill your pp a lot faster (if you have the skills unlocked). And try one point, end attraction and sneak shooter for bosses that you cant hit with sat cannon.
    Quote Originally Posted by FireswordRus View Post
    But if u take mpa with a lot boses in 1 time, and if FI have war cry lv10 ,FI win
    -----------------------Flashing-----------------------------------------------Tagami--------------------------
    Spoiler!

I do enjoy the game still.

Im not upset with the grindfest missing, I just cant agree with how easy i am able to blast right through all this early game content. Just hit snow area and same stuff happening here. Just run to the specific area, kill said mob, if its a boss WB and PA it.

As for those saying... "With the amount of content its to be expected" Just slap yourself. PSO has always been about recycling content using higher difficulties, its not a increase in content, rather a reuse of old content with "new numbers" and a few extra items... ill leave it at that.
    Switching class will make you rethink about that. You will want easy stuff for fast leveling so you don't miss even one excube or Collection Files progress from XH contents.
    >Heavy Hammer
    >get blow off by an Oodan

Part of it is because this is your second time round and you know what to do like take Weak Hit Advance + WB and use End Attract/Sat Can. The average pub player will never WB, learn only RATK Up and spam nothing but One Point using a 20% ungrinded CFile weapon then blame everyone else if they're not carried

I never played Ranger, but I've redone my skill trees quite a few times back during the first year of the game because I was dumb, I think it's fair to say if you don't have prior experience, you'll unintentionally make the game worse for yourself like that, whether you started then or now.

Quote Originally Posted by Selphea View Post
    Part of it is because this is your second time round and you know what to do like take Weak Hit Advance + WB and use End Attract/Sat Can. The average pub player will never WB, learn only RATK Up and spam nothing but One Point using a 20% ungrinded CFile weapon then blame everyone else if they're not carried
    Pretty much this; despite the early stages being very easy, the game does no hand holding past the tutorial. You're thrown into the game with no direction and expected to either find other players who can tell you how to get better or just walk into content blindly and hope you don't screw it up.
    ID: MPBLPure (Ship 2er)
    Akane Tekuro -- Proud Boots main; above average main character. Exploring Omega. Lead Chip: Matoi [S Halloween]
    Rei Sawatori - Hero. Taking a breather. Lead Chip: Darker Busters [Anniversary]
    クロナアルティア (Altiea) -- A Fighter jaded by trauma. Hanging out with the Darker Busters. Lead Chip: Celebrate Heroines [Anniversary]

The supposive Gaijin Hero EvilMag's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ezodagrom View Post

Its pretty dumb that they changed the starting PAs. They fucking gave HUs Over End as the starting PA as well as Guren for BRs. Fucking really SEGA?
    Quote Originally Posted by CelestialBlade View Post
    Bit off-topic, but I'm just sick and tired of "difficulty" meaning "stat boosts". It's lazy and boring.