Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

I don't know about you guys, but when pugging, I feel like the MPA likes to take their sweet time so I end up having to "rush that shit" and force enemy spawns and E-Trials for points in order to get that 4th run. But I don't spawn stuff at the other end of the map, however, I make sure that the MPA is not too far behind.

Bystander Effect: The Thread

I don't really think "Oh I don't want to do it" or "Maybe someone else wants to do it."

I just think "I don't really care, I'll stand here for 30 minutes." If it's an EQ I care about spamming, then I'll go for it, but pretty much none of the EQ's that can be spammed are ones that I care about.

Also isn't there a exploit on Nyau spawning from Beach Wars 2015? Just like UQ Anga farm where a 12 private MPA start on separate rooms, run around till the 1st trial code is Nyau and hoping that Gel Gryphon spawns and call everyone to join over and get easy Gal Weapons

SEGA caught wind of it and started the whole 30 sec gate warp to every "run around in circles" EQ
    Spoiler!

Quote Originally Posted by oratank View Post
    i think this word can explain it "casual"
    Ya but even I think Casual players like 13* drops too even theyre too lazy to upgrade their gear when their in the lobbies afk with their 40mill LA and 100mill accessories but even then, they should stll start it asap
    Quote Originally Posted by Tunga View Post
    I'm not really liking the idea of UQ amdu having a teleporter and waiting for it to be 12/12 to start. Not a problem at first but when activity dials down it's going to be annoying.
    I'm liking the idea either but it's like every other content release, popular the first few weeks/1month then dies unless theres a RDR boost, unfortunate side effect in this game

Quote Originally Posted by Kondibon View Post
    You can start the gate yourself you know? Like Altiea said, some people just aren't used to taking initiative. For a long time I thought the teleporter just started automatically when there was 12 people.
    Well no shit I can start it myself (which i do) but there are people who load quicker than me or everyone else and still stand there even the ones who have been waiting to fill up have to notice it's 12/12 or a lot of people filling in should be the giveaway to start it

Quote Originally Posted by isCasted View Post
    A person who loads the fastest should be the one starting it. There's no reason to be fooled by shitty MPA counter during EQs unless you started too late.
    Ya basically
    Quote Originally Posted by Evangelion X.XX View Post
    I don't know about you guys, but when pugging, I feel like the MPA likes to take their sweet time so I end up having to "rush that shit" and force enemy spawns and E-Trials for points in order to get that 4th run. But I don't spawn stuff at the other end of the map, however, I make sure that the MPA is not too far behind.
    I sort of do the same but I make sure I don't break the map unlike some nice Western players lately who don't care and are almost a full lap around the map. Run up ahead a bit but not too far from the mpa

Quote Originally Posted by freyt View Post
    I don't really think "Oh I don't want to do it" or "Maybe someone else wants to do it."

I just think "I don't really care, I'll stand here for 30 minutes." If it's an EQ I care about spamming, then I'll go for it, but pretty much none of the EQ's that can be spammed are ones that I care about.
    Even then, your harming the mpa more than benefiting yourself here, the quicker the runs, the more exp/rares etc you get. It's not elitist it's just common thing to do in general, you want to get the grind over with or w/e is your doing, why not speed it up as much as you can?
    Quote Originally Posted by CoWorker View Post
    Also isn't there a exploit on Nyau spawning from Beach Wars 2015? Just like UQ Anga farm where a 12 private MPA start on separate rooms, run around till the 1st trial code is Nyau and hoping that Gel Gryphon spawns and call everyone to join over and get easy Gal Weapons

SEGA caught wind of it and started the whole 30 sec gate warp to every "run around in circles" EQ
    Last year this was a thing but it's been revamped to have Gal spawn at the end and E-Trials are random so even if one could restart it over and over it would be a lost cause. Best thing you can do is clear mobs/bosses/E-Trials asap to get maximum runs and Gryphon spawns

Now if anyone thinks it's an "Elitist" thing to get as many runs as possible for as many drops as possible, you've got the wrong mindset for sure in a game that's all about grind and well RNG.

Also keep in mind, once the teleporter has started, people can still fill in mpa spots, it doesn't cut you off until the countdown is over and you started the run so it doesn't hurt to start it if your like 10/12 and you know people from other runs are finishing around the same time as you that we you still get those extra people in
    Last edited by ArcaneTechs; Sep 21, 2016 at 10:53 PM.

When you bring up the menu, there sometimes is a pause before the MPA count shows up. I guess it simply doesn't update fast enough and also it isn't shown in real time like many other things in this game. Because it isn't in real time, some one may see 9/12 when it really is 12/12 and may not start the teleporter because of that.

Just happened to me during current Apprentice EQ.

I went down, nobody started telepipe so I had to.

I really don't understand it...

Quote Originally Posted by Kril View Post
    Even then, your harming the mpa more than benefiting yourself here, the quicker the runs, the more exp/rares etc you get. It's not elitist it's just common thing to do in general, you want to get the grind over with or w/e is your doing, why not speed it up as much as you can?
    If 11/12 people don't care if we start it up, then I don't think I'm particularly harming their endeavors. I'm not exactly out there to optimize my chances or my time. None of the spammable EQ's are ones that I really find worth it to stress over. Pretty much the most valuable one to me right now is Profound Darkness, and whether we started that 15 minutes into it or 0 minutes into it, we're not doing it again.

It's odd how many people are getting worked up (myself included somewhat lol) over RotW when most of the Gal 13*s are junky.

Maybe it's the other things that can drop there, like 13* eggs, Gold badges, or the Kuron zone 13*s (like the Skull Sorceror drop I got). I found a Blast Parfait from Dio hunar there, and I consider it one of my better finds.

Am I missing something?

Edit: I get the point of wanting to make the best use of the EQ time in general, but people are bringing up RotW a lot, and I was just curious about it.
    Last edited by Loveless62; Sep 22, 2016 at 10:14 AM.
    "Well, the important thing is, you were mad online about a fictional universe." - Mangini In A Bottle - io9

Quote Originally Posted by Kondibon View Post
    You can start the gate yourself you know? Like Altiea said, some people just aren't used to taking initiative. For a long time I thought the teleporter just started automatically when there was 12 people.
    Eh, when I see a 12/12 but no many people at the gate, I just do a "warning start" (activate/deactivate the gate). That way, if anyone is waiting at the campship, they will know that we are ready to start. I only do it once, wait 10 seconds, and then activate the gate for real, if nobody else wants to.