Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by ohmy View Post
    Sega promotes leeching only in "moderation".
    As in, by all means do bring your crappy 4* units and +0 12* weapon, but pls dunt afk kthxbai.
    If carriers see people with crap gear they'll usually run the eq anyway rather than trying to find a new group that could be just as bad. But if they see several people afk they might actually quit and look for another mpa.

So Sega is just trying to protect the status quo, if people could easily flaunt their afk skills the people that carry lose interest and that could be a problem leading to people stopping to play. Especially by banning people like this sega mollifies a lot of carriers, making them think Sega cares about them when actually they just want the usual to continue.
    So the jist of this thread is that SEGA banned a single player who was responsible for a lot. Of course, this means SEGA knows how deep it goes and rather than ban those who supported the notion or idea of promoting this type of behavior, they write about a single person. So setting an example simply means going after a single head and not all those ready and willing to replace the fallen head.

Imagine if SEGA made an item Level like FF XIV and forced every player about the enter an XH EQ to have a minimum iLvL. How about for units its one point per grind and one point per star grade. So a 10* at +10 is 20 points each unit and make the Unit Item Level Minimum 60 - 63. For weapons, the minimum item Level would be Star Grade + (Potential Level x 10) + Grind Strength (max 10, even on NT to match OT), and so we have a minimum of 53 (13* fully grinded). If a player doesn't have this at Quest Registration, they can't play.... (or it can be in party options for Wpn iLvL and Unit iLvL.. (This system does not count affixes, haven't determined how those would be counted).

Imagine all the chaos? All for simply asking for at least a 10* unit set at +10 and a 13* (with all the 13* floating around) at max grind and potential?
    PSO-2 Info: Ship: 2; ID: セツナヤキ; MCN: ケイリン
    "If you want a bridge between past, present, and future, search for the void and awaken it!"

^Wow. That's actually a good idea, and would be good if implemented on the restricted block, alongside lv75/75 main and sub. Of course 13* requirement seems harsh, so it can be just 10* above weapons with grind level +10 (or +30 if NT).

Chaos? Idk. If people wanna improve, they SHOULD know all of this already. Even if they didn't, they will seek the ways.

It is a sad situation when I see people using not +10 stuff on SH above (at least +20 if NT), the difficulty when people actually need to contribute something to MPA, the least you can do is to avoid being a burden to others.
    (Kazuki, RA or BR/HU, Human♂) (Yusei, FO/TE or FI, Newman♂)(Zane, TE or BR/HU, Deuman♂)
    Ship: 2-Ur

If anything the Japanese community is amazing because of how little things are abused in this region that due to lack of failsafes are extremely easy for any single person to abuse.

How often do you see someone switch the starting teleporter on/off rapidly or after the 30 seconds is almost done just to restart it?
    [All Class] Nue Houjuu / [GuHu] Remilia Scarlet from Ship 02.
    74HU - 52FI - 71RA - 60GU - 75FO - 75TE - 75BR - 66BO | 68GU - 62HU - 47RA
    Leader of team Touhou.
    Community owner/developer of TF2Data | Now playing: VRChat

I suggested the ilvl idea back when the whole restricted block rumors started going around. My idea was at minimum, bare minimum, 10* units at max grind, and a 12* at max. It's not hard to do, but it makes all the difference.

I don't like those minimum requirments and they are all useless.

Equipment ★ requirment is a bad idea. I could wear 10-15 ele shiny 13★ and do less damage the a 7★ Red or I could pick a potential that sucks, like long range pot on Gal TMG or that Darker pot or 2016 Badge weapon(Shiny 13★) with light element and go to Ult. Amduscia with it.

Units? I'm going to extend my Saiki to Ex1 for that glorious 243/215/215 def.

What about skill trees?
    Class combo? There is a Su/Hu friend partner who don't like gaijins...

Do you guys know that in FFXIV people use improper accesorys to bump the ilvl? Example: Monk(needs Str) is using vit/dex/int/mnd accesorys to enter content. Because xy is their main Job and not Monk or that's what dropped from xyz content and ilvl is everything that matters.

The only thing that would help is something like Stone, Sea, Sky clear requirment for every difficult tier.

Ray Katana is so much better with 20 element then a Red Katana.

Last edited by gabor100; Sep 29, 2016 at 02:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by gabor100 View Post
    I don't like those minimum requirments and they are all useless.

Equipment ★ requirment is a bad idea. I could wear 10-15 ele shiny 13★ and do less damage the a 7★ Red or I could pick a potential that sucks, like long range pot on Gal TMG or that Darker pot or 2016 Badge weapon(Shiny 13★) with light element and go to Ult. Amduscia with it.

Units? I'm going to extend my Saiki to Ex1 for that glorious 243/215/215 def.

What about skill trees?
    Class combo? There is a Su/Hu friend partner who don't like gaijins...

Do you guys know that in FFXIV people use improper accesorys to bump the ilvl? Example: Monk(needs Str) is using vit/dex/int/mnd accesorys to enter content. Because xy is their main Job and not Monk or that's what dropped from xyz content and ilvl is everything that matters.

The only thing that would help is something like Stone, Sea, Sky clear requirment for every difficult tier.

Ray Katana is so much better with 20 element then a Red Katana.

I love crafted weapons, but if I see Red Weapons outside of specific builds... I consider that to be idiotic today. You want to spend 9 extra Photon Boosters beyond its first level potential rather than saving them for Austere for a measly 1.7% increase in damage.. be my guest. Afterall, the same idiotic nature can be said of people who show up to endgame with a 20% weapon. I hardly see that, but I see it...

...At the end of the day, like you showed...
    A Red Weapon can be strong, but it isn't future proof.

Not at the level and costs (which are cheap to grind compared to Old-Type weapons) of New Type weapons and how potentials seem to be improving.

But yes..
    I get your point on how a Red Weapon wouldn't be accepted because its not "high enough" on the requirement level. My idea on equipment requirements/restrictions was just a rough idea. I don't use the damage parser anymore, but when I did use it... I found it that in the many times I was first place in the parser (which angered me... as SUPPORT SHOULD NEVER BE FIRST PLACE... EVER against a pure DPS), it usually was around two to four people accounted for 80%+ of the damage that the MPA itself dealt.

Oh in regards to FF XIV....
    Most people simply meet the requirements to enter an instance and then change to the set they normally use for playing. However, in endgame parties looking to raid areas, they always ask a player to prove that they have cleared the instance in question by showing the token to everyone that you get for clearing it the first time. Showing no token means the player is branded a liar and a first-timer trying to leech off the raid.

I am glad at least the players devised a system to weed out leechers in FF XIV.
    Would be nice if such a system existed in this game outside of the obvious "Join a Team, Have fun.... and after a week learn if this team is about playing fair or leaching their levels from you." I prefer to be diplomatic, but after the last five teams of internal drama, I kind of play alone with people from friendlist once in a while...
    "If you want a bridge between past, present, and future, search for the void and awaken it!"

Quote Originally Posted by Keilyn View Post
    I love crafted weapons, but if I see Red Weapons outside of specific builds... I consider that to be idiotic today.

But yes..
    I get your point on how a Red Weapon wouldn't be accepted because its not "high enough" on the requirement level.
    My problem is that people replace their good sub 13★ weapons with bad potential 13★ star ones, just because 13★ is trendy now.

Like that dude on that other forum who said that Kid's God Hand +30 feels weak and others outdps him/her with +10 weapons. Or that another one who thought Ray Katana+30(20 element) is heaps better than his/her red katana.

Wtf, that can't be right? The red weapon potential is supposed to be +17% at level 3. That isn't anywhere close to +17%. The hell is going on?

Are the first two with pot1 and it's just not mentioned? If so, it should really be noted there...

Quote Originally Posted by gabor100 View Post
    My problem is that people replace their good sub 13★ weapons with bad potential 13★ star ones, just because 13★ is trendy now.

Like that dude on that other forum who said that Kid's God Hand +30 feels weak and others outdps him/her with +10 weapons. Or that another one who thought Ray Katana+30(20 element) is heaps better than his/her red katana.
    The thing to consider is what happens when enemies have more Dex than you and you are using crafted weapons. Your variance widens because Dex reduces your variance, but increases your min. damage, while reducing the maximum damage one sustains from an attack. When an enemy has more Dex than you, it works in reverse...Your damage variance widens (on crafted weapons) while on non-crafted weapons that are 13* it locks to 90% unless you have an Invader Weapon where there is wider variance in there..

You don't notice this a lot when fighting level 70 enemies, but when you fight level 80 enemies and how many players run on min dex, since the preference is pure attack stat, its extremely noticable vs level 80 enemies and bosses. This is the reason why I stopped using Crafted Weapons vs Level 80 enemies. I was nice to work on Crit-Chance, but I hated my damage in instances that I did not crit. Once I swapped to those 2016 Wands, I took Dex out of the build and focused on more attack stats and that pushed my damage (even with wands) to new heights.

You see...
    Crafted Weapons give you good potentials and power, but at the sacrifice that the variance you are trying to reach is the upper limit, while non-crafted weapons have a lower-limit of 90% which is insanely powerful because its extremely reliable. If an enemy has a million points of dexterity over you, your non-crit hits will be 90% of 100. However, if you are crafting and your enemy has a million points of Dex, watch your damage plummet to lows to the point your weapon outside of crits will be useless.

I learned this well playing Fi/Te for two years on crafted wands.
    ...and if SEGA ever released level 100 and enemies to that level...
    ......our current crafted weapons are finished against them unless they help with things like zanverse....

Well... this is a new one for me. I'm use to seeing lucky rise units or unaffixed/ungrinded units, never came across this one before. Or I just don't look enough.

I just looked in this case because I look at every player I see from my first PSO2 guild. I spent 1 year there and left because the insanity was just too much.

pso20161001_155922_002.jpg