Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Switching through PA's faster. Please help.

I just edited this post to make it simple. How can I map a photon art to a mouse button? basically the same method as NUM1-6 buttons? This would be so much more of a convience, I cant seem to do this with my Logitech Gaming software?
    Last edited by DerpyBlakers; Sep 22, 2016 at 03:41 PM. Reason: Simplicity

maybe you need a 3rd party software of some kind to bind your mouse keys to the numpad, cause I'm not sure if you can do this via ingame methods.

You can thank GameGuard for that. It intercept all input system calls (for example, when I Alt+Tab from the game to browser, there will be input lag at the same time when there are frame drops ingame), blocking pretty much any software that alters your inputs (exceptions are rare), because macros and shiet.
    Certain devices store and play back macro bindings from internal memory instead of relying on drivers, and GG can't block that, because it appears like legit input. Your mouse, by the looks of it, is not one of those.

AutoHotkey scripts work fine here, you just have to run them as admin. If your mouse software isn't flexible enough, you can probably work something out involving that.
    Apple (Ship02) - HuFi Sword - "take damage for better uptime"
    WaifuDfnseForce Founder | OverParse developer | maker of stuff

Quote Originally Posted by isCasted View Post
    You can thank GameGuard for that. It intercept all input system calls (for example, when I Alt+Tab from the game to browser, there will be input lag at the same time when there are frame drops ingame), blocking pretty much any software that alters your inputs (exceptions are rare), because macros and shiet.
    Certain devices store and play back macro bindings from internal memory instead of relying on drivers, and GG can't block that, because it appears like legit input. Your mouse, by the looks of it, is not one of those.
    I dont get why Gameguard has anything to do with this?
    Why would it be positive of why gameguard does this?
    I guess only certain mouses can remap buttons in the game?

or a gaming mouse, some of them are cheap. i use a logitech g600 mouse and have the first 6 side buttons do the fuction of num 1-6 or even directly trigger the PAs for when using 3 button type
    http://www.pso-world.com/forums/signaturepics/sigpic76748_3.gif

Quote Originally Posted by DerpyBlakers View Post
    I dont get why Gameguard has anything to do with this?
    Why would it be positive of why gameguard does this?
    GameGuard is a rootkit that sticks into your system and routes a lot of things through itself (that includes keylogging), trying to monitor everything to prevent cheating activities (macros are, technically, a form of cheating, because they automate things that players should be doing manually). GameGuard has some sort of understanding of how things should and shouldn't work, and that "understanding" can (and will) mess with legitimate programs (which includes userspace-level "drivers". In the past there have been incidents with Media Player Classic, Chrome, Skype and plenty of other harmless apps).
    Quote Originally Posted by DerpyBlakers View Post
    I guess only certain mouses can remap buttons in the game?
    Well, you can try launching something from your gaming software with admin privileges, but it's not likely to work. But yes, there are mice/keyboards that execute custom bindings on a hardware level instead of relying on software, and those can't be detected by anti-cheat bsoftware like GG. You still have to use software to assign those bindings, so outside the game it looks like there's no difference. You have to check device specs to see whether it has internal/on-board memory.

IF your mouse has more than 2 buttons, the option to map PA1/PA2/PA3/Trigger (aka shift)/Dodge/activate/lock on to any of the secondary buttons will appear on the KBM config in options, this also includes scroll wheel btw, i have a 6 button mouse, got the lock on, PA2 and PA3 on the mouse
    =Ziel= Ship 02
    Ninel 90/90 Ra/Hu Gund...Cast!

Quote Originally Posted by isCasted View Post
    Except Game Guard is garbage and doesn't stop any macro softwares from working. To be honest I'd be surprised if it blocked a simple Python script.

Quote Originally Posted by Keilyn View Post
    Looking from above to below, we might not see that much we aren't used to seeing.
    Looking from below to above, we might dream to one day touch the heavens...
    Weeb Bot - Discord EQ Alerts
    PSO2 EQ API

Quote Originally Posted by KazeSenoue View Post
    Except Game Guard is garbage and doesn't stop any macro softwares from working. To be honest I'd be surprised if it blocked a simple Python script.
    It does do bullshit things like force closes the game if it doesn't like some of your background programs like Firefox.