Thread: Reminiscing

Default Reminiscing

I know it will be temporary, but nevertheless I'm back to it. I originally had ver.1 on the Dreamcast; played it, got burned out after about 8 months or so. For those unfamiliar with the DC version, you could only level out to 100, robots did not have traps and every technique using class could use every tech up to 15. The Gamecube version did a better job of separating the classes and adding 1 other sub-class to each class, I really love this game, I have not played another game quiet like PSO since the 16 years it's been out. The one thing I miss about the DC version is the ability to walk through locked doors. Anybody else remember this trick? It was easiest to do with a double saber type weapon and I believe you had to be a male. What you were trying to do is angel yourself so that your back was to the door, but caught in the corner (if that makes sense). You would do your 3 hit combo and the player would step backwards, you'd repeat about 2 or 3 times and vwallah, on the other side. Such fun!

On the Gamecube version I became an obsessive mag farmer. At any given time I had 4-5 mags that I was raising, I would stop frequently to feed them and run to the shop for more food, I'm sure it annoyed everybody. My crowning achievement was making a mag with something like 195def, it took maybe 3-4 months. My rarest find was probably Rico's Earrings, had a few S-level weapons I earned thanks to my Japanese friends. My favorite weapon was a Hell Lazer with 45% hit and nice % against Machine and Dark. Early on in my playing days I found a Dragon Slayer with 70% against native, this was before I realized I could Tekker it for higher %, so 'm not ever sure if I got the max% from it. Unfortunately FSOD claimed that one. I used to pipe for a lot of stuff as well and would spend hours doing it. Before I retired, my main characters on the memory card got corrupted. I was already burned out, so it did not matter too much, but deep down inside I knew I would return someday.

About 4 years ago I started playing again, I started all over with a Racast and Fomar. Found some pretty cool stuff including an Adv. Reg Gear. My aim with the Fomar was to use him as sort of a fighting class, rather than a Force. I got burnt out after a couple months. Last week I was digging around to hook up the Wii to play again and I accidentally stumbled upon a memory card that I forgot about or thought was lost. It had a character I started (level 56) a long time ago and it other characters on it that were level 1. The level 56 and one particular level 1 character had a lot of duped rares as well as legit partially started mags.

I doubt any of my old friends are out there reading this,13 years ago is a long time, but I enjoyed my time hunting with you guys, your pal Threepio, Olga Elenor, Nell still thinks about you.

Thanks, this was really good post. Hopefully more people jump on board. It's always fascinating to hear of peoples experiences with PSO. I too started back on V1 though I didn't own it. I rented it from the video store, yes that's going way back, and played it a couple times. I was hooked and it went straight to the top of my Christmas list. That Christmas I received my very own copy of V2. Not long after I jumped online to check things out and ended up joining a party that was taking on the dragon. Pretty sure I was around lv4 and the other members weren't much higher. I think the highest was lv 11 but can't remember exactly. Needless to say, we didn't do very well. Continued to play it until my Dreamcast started acting up and wouldn't load the game properly or at all. This forced me to move on to PSOX where my siblings and friends could join in on multiplayer. I actually didn't spend much online time until near the end of the servers where I spent quite a bit of time spamming the East Tower quest in search of spirit garment to make my Brightness Circle for my HUnewearl. I did get too. After the servers shut down I hopped over to BB for a bit then those servers went down. On to private servers but due to them constantly shutting down I gave up. During that time PSU had come out so I did spend a lot playing there on the 360 and met a few people from here. Servers closed once again so it was back to BB for one more shot but once again the server closed. After much waiting and waiting and finally coming to the realisation that a western release is never coming, I finally caved in and joined PSO2 which now occupies much of my gaming time. Which isn't a lot by the way. But I will never forget that first time stepping onto Ragol with my RAmar and killing that first Booma.

]The Ragol Trilogy: Ragol's Gift, Ragol's Curse, Ragol's Legacy GT Xbox One: Eries Fury

My first experience with PSO was on v1 as well. Managed to get to mines but quit after watching Momo die in the Unsealed Door quest. It wasn't till I got it on the GC when the addiction really hit me.

I still recall the time I hit Ultimate on a Ramarl. Nowadays I play on Schthack