Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Thinking about coming back from a 2 year hiatus

So... I havent played PSO2 in probably... a year and a half...
    And with recent MMORPGs flopping like crazy, I thought that i might be a good idea to return to good o'l PSO2!

But I have a few questions, because the last time I played we were all waiting on Summoner, while the EN community was slowly dying...
    And now, pretty much everyone I kept in contact with outside the game has quit and don't seem to be coming back...
    Is the EN community/Ship2 dead, or did they com back with summoner?
    because this game is sorta boring alone...

I was at the lvl cap with all classes on one character, and decently geared but not the best...
    Am i far behind the current content?
    Has a lot changed?
    Did the Level cap raise?
    Is the game worth even coming back to?

I might have more questions later but thats all for now!

Thanks in advance~
    In days of peace, in nights of war
    Even if evil were for to return
    The Light will shine forever more
    So let those who have the daylight spurned
    Tread not where my flame has burned!.
    - Me

En Ship 2 is still alive they didn't really die off. It's just most people are closed in. They don't really openly talk to others.
    Level Cap hasn't changed.75/75
    New 13* weapons have been popping up like crazy. New Clothing System, and more customization factors have been added.
    If the game is worth coming back to....sure it's a pretty fun game. Enjoy the new HUD, layered clothing system, and fields.

This is a casual game where you play dress up

If you have 13* weapons and 11* units you're up to date but 12* units are coming out soon and it's TBA if they're stat wise significantly better but they will also allow L/Rings to be crafted on to them
    Game is still,get meseta,dress up,and join the Excube pinata EQs
    Level cap has not changed
    The game is still disappointing in most GAME aspects I was excited for the new round of PA customizations but Sega clearly has no fucking clue what is needed,Sword is getting better Normal Attack damage,Techers are getting better mobbing/close range spells? Rangers are getting a PA that allows you to move and I don't think it allows standing snipe to work so what in the fuck is the point. They finally made stances on and off

So the game is VERY slowly improving from a general stand point,it's still meh and playing alone is no fun so I say you could take another 4+Months off.

Quote Originally Posted by Saelix View Post
    you could take another 4+Months off.
    Well theirs not much on the MMO market that really interests me unfortunately :/
    - Me

Quote Originally Posted by Totori View Post
    En Ship 2 is still alive they didn't really die off. It's just most people are closed in. They don't really openly talk to others.
    Level Cap hasn't changed.75/75
    New 13* weapons have been popping up like crazy. New Clothing System, and more customization factors have been added.
    If the game is worth coming back to....sure it's a pretty fun game. Enjoy the new HUD, layered clothing system, and fields.
    So the Community is a lot smaller then?

The new HUD and layered clothing sounds great, but theirs been no lvl cap change?...
    what has everyone been doing then?
    - Me

Quote Originally Posted by xEchidna View Post

The new HUD and layered clothing sounds great, but theirs been no lvl cap change?...
    FASHION DUH!!! And leveling all classes to max for their class bonuses, that too I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by xEchidna View Post

It's been a long time since I've been here or on the game too so my info might not be 100%, but I think that overall numbers are down, but no particular community seems hit harder than any other one.

I found this graph, I don't know if it's been posted in PSOW before or not but it supposedly shows PSO2's daily logins, or something like that:

The big spike is apparently the Ep4 start. I can't really remember when it actually kicked off.

IMO unless you have a personal in-game goal you want to achieve or you're hanging out with friends, there's not really all that much to do at all. Pretty sure Ult Caves is coming though, so that might be cool.

Quote Originally Posted by Hysteria1987 View Post
    It's been a long time since I've been here or on the game too so my info might not be 100%, but I think that overall numbers are down, but no particular community seems hit harder than any other one.

I found this graph, I don't know if it's been posted in PSOW before or not but it supposedly shows PSO2's daily logins, or something like that:

The big spike is apparently the Ep4 start. I can't really remember when it actually kicked off.

IMO unless you have a personal in-game goal you want to achieve or you're hanging out with friends, there's not really all that much to do at all. Pretty sure Ult Caves is coming though, so that might be cool.
    What an ancient graph. About a month and half ago.

I'll log in for daily COs, daily crafts, any EQs, or just chat with friends I've made in the game.

On days I'm really active, I'm mostly farming for things I need, like working on getting Austere weps for all the weapons both my characters use, and saving up meseta for affixing I plan to do. This game really doesn't have anything to do until each update hits, unless you have personal goals going, like Hysteria said.

On the other hand, I do also enjoy going to various fields and taking it slow, fishing, gathering, dealing with mobs, just to kill time, it's fun for me. It's a big contrast to what the game is like when you're in a group doing EQs or rushing to farm items. It's great for leveling with Summoner too, if you don't plan on playing the class too seriously. I've been leveling Summoner overtime by just killing time like that, and I'd be lying if I said I didn't find it fun and relaxing.

I only log in for:

TD4
    Magatsu
    Perrennial Apocalypse

That's it.