Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

What a nice and mellow theme to fight ravenous mutated dragons alongside.

Very cool and mellow theme. The only thing that bothers me is that there's absolutely no way one would recognize if this was for Ultimate Amduscia. There's not really any nod to any of the original area BGMs (Volcanos, Skyscape, Sanctum) in the exploration theme... I wish they'd add at least something to it.

This might last a day or two at the most before I go back to muting it. Its honestly putting me to sleep even the 'battle' part.

Also I can't help but think this should be used for a cold snowy location.

Sounds too snowy imo. ¿Jingle bells anyone? Jokes aside, it's not bad and I'm glad it's offering something different than what we've heard up untill now. Reminds me of a Gradius II level which is always a good thing.
    Last edited by MightyHarken; Oct 11, 2016 at 11:25 PM.

I like the boss theme, it's more exciting than the other version, but it's still just soft enough to keep the feeling the field version has.
    Last edited by Zysets; Oct 12, 2016 at 12:04 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Meteor Weapon View Post
    I did say even the battle theme was putting me to sleep. The original link at 8:12 is when the battle theme starts.

I love this theme.
    In fact they kept the element that makes Amdu memorable for me.

When we listen to the Amdu Themes for Volcano, Floating Continent, and Sanctum, we actually hear a bouncy line in the three pieces that represents wonder and instability. In Amdu its in the bassline and it transfers over the one of the slightly higher voices. This tells us we are on Amdu, but more grounded. Floating Continent has a type of variation that is in the higher notes. Sanctum is about wonder, where we are used to finding ruins on the surface of the world, Amdu is interesting as a world, because their treasures and relics are in the sky... and the sky is vast and between all of those floating clouds and continents we find Sanctum....

So now, what would an Ultimate Mode actually feel like?
    The life-forms are very crystal-like even if biological....

This theme carries that bouncy trend that shifts between the lines.
    In fact, I will dare say it...

This theme is intelligent and harbors a lot of what I love about "Programmatic Music Theory" where they speak through the music, variation, and thematic representations through lots of painting. Painting in music is done in two ways.

Without Words = We show a direction by pitch and sound. For example... if Adventurers are traveling up and up into the unknown... we will hear a bouncy theme that is going up, up and higher in pitch representing the characters. And once the adventurers reach that height, it will stay in the octave and continue from there. Lets say the scene shifts from the adventurers to the environment, well the main theme to the characters disappears or fades out and is replaced by the environment theme itself.

In short, I can picture the story this map is going to have before even playing it.

With Words: Painting is done by putting words to pitches that are not standard. For example, in Jazz, we might go intentionally off key to something sad in a lyric when we want to convey that the feeling of saying the word in the context of the story is sad or melancholy. In fact, listen to "Fly me to the Moon" as we can feel what is being said when certain notes actually hit certain syllables to show some tension. Lots of Japanese music has painting over it.

This piece is amazing...
    and good music will have me replay a map a few thousand times,
    while lousy music stops me from actually playing the map....

Its also amazing that they borrowed some motifs from the other maps in this music that all sent the same message to the player.
    PSO-2 Info: Ship: 2; ID: セツナヤキ; MCN: ケイリン
    "If you want a bridge between past, present, and future, search for the void and awaken it!"