Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by Kokurokoki View Post
    Isn't 50 points enough to get all the fury stance points?
    http://arks-layer.com/skillsim/skill...00000lo000000j

If you don't max Fury Combo, then I guess so. Should have 60 points by level 50, but that would mean mean ignoring all the survival skills in hunter. Unless you were 100% confident as a Br/Hu, I would hope you at least get automate by then, and leave one JA bonus alone.
    You're going to also want a potentialed red weapon if you're comparing to someone else with a red weapon. That damage leap is huge until you grab a usable 13*

Quote Originally Posted by Dephinix View Post

If you don't max Fury Combo, then I guess so. Should have 60 points by level 50, but that would mean mean ignoring all the survival skills in hunter. Unless you were 100% confident as a Br/Hu, I would hope you at least get automate by then, and leave one JA bonus alone.
    You're going to also want a potentialed red weapon if you're comparing to someone else with a red weapon. That damage leap is huge until you grab a usable 13*
    If Fury is better than Average, why do you get both? Forgive me for being such a noob about it, but it just seems odd to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Plaguelight View Post
    If Fury is better than Average, why do you get both? Forgive me for being such a noob about it, but it just seems odd to me.
    You can have both Fury Stance and Average Stance active at the same time and stack the benefits from both.

In general, you can have stances from separate classes active simultaneously. Two stances from the same class, however (like Guard Stance and Fury Stance) cannot be active at the same time.
    "Well, the important thing is, you were mad online about a fictional universe." - Mangini In A Bottle - io9

Quote Originally Posted by Loveless62 View Post
    You can have both Fury Stance and Average Stance active at the same time and stack the benefits from both.

In general, you can have stances from separate classes active simultaneously. Two stances from the same class, however (like Guard Stance and Fury Stance) cannot be active at the same time.
    Whoa, it's an activation skill? I really am out of touch...

Quote Originally Posted by Dephinix View Post

Yeah, it gets really noticeable with red weapons.

But at least from my experience with Hu/Br and Br/Hu, you don't need to max Fury Combo. Getting it to level 5 is enough because snatch-step JA into any kind of PA will automatically boost it to 110% if I remember right. I remember testing it out and step into JA step attack or step into PA was enough.

Unless SEGA changed how Fury Combo works, you only need to go up to 105% with Br/Hu because step attack JAs will give you those two stacks almost instantly to get you up to 110%.

I would argue that all you really need for defensives on Hunter tree is healing guard until you get to XH. But I haven't played Braver in like forever and I don't build full meta as I'm more of a casual player.
    Last edited by Kokurokoki; Oct 25, 2016 at 08:49 PM.

I used to use only 5%, but it feels like there are quite a few extra points on Hunter tree anyways, I find it nice to not have to step attack for a JA bonus, but just do a step for the full 10%. I might be misunderstanding you, but, let's say we have 5% in fury combo. If we get the snatch step JA, that starts us off at 5%, if we step attack from that JA and get our next circle, we then get the 10%. Not a huge time difference, but I find it upsetting with Hatou Rindo spam. With 10% fury combo, however, we just perform a step action, no attack, for a full 10% damage bonus at anytime. I think this was favorable with bows in general, but it's been a while since I've been on the forums.

You're probably right about XH. I see a lot of people still using luxe in SH and XH on both expert and difficulty specific blocks, but I have no idea how well those unextended units do at defending the player.